• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

should purchasing keys be a thing?

Mecha_Shadow

Reaction score
(i searched this before posting, forgive me if it was already talked about, i simply didnt use the right words if so)

ive noticed that it normally takes prize fights or completing certain portions of the story mode to get keys for the skill tree unlocking. i dont think this is a bad system personally, however i have found myself unable to progress a little without these upgrades, thus unable to up my character score and the stats that will help me in later missions. this has probably been talked about by now, i just find this to be slightly bothersome since its not so fun waiting for a few days for the keys, IF i won enough points for even one key.

Reactions: RedBeene
While the skill trees are important you'll get a lot of fight score through just level grinding. Generally you can place high enough to get SOME keys at least.

That said yeah, you should probably be able to buy keys with Theonite or something. I think the only reason it's this way now is to make you compete against the whales in the Gold prize fights.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
I agree, there should be more ways to get keys, whether premium or F2P or both is up to the devs to decide. As someone who has placed top 1-10 for every prize fight so far and completed everything in the story, I find there is still a shortage of keys and a surplus of fighters who need keys.

I think purchasing keys is fair as well as adding a couple keys for each tier built into the Daily Events (Bronze-beginner, silver-advanced, gold-expert) with perhaps 1 key for beating the final boss and 1 key for 100% completion.

Reactions: Mecha_Shadow
While I don't think keys should be made to be too common, being able to get at least one key somehow without doing Prize Fights or Story Mode is a good idea. I've always had this problem of being short on Bronze keys and I'm sure the same problem for Silver keys isn't too far behind me in the future, so having at least one extra way to earn a key of each tier would be a good idea.

Reactions: Mecha_Shadow