• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

boopmop

Reaction score
I think a Single-Player Versus Mode would only make the fun game even more highly playable than it already is.

This applies to both Competitive and Free for All. Especially given my experience with the multiplayer version we currently have, how hard it has personally been for me to find opponents.

With this implementation, you could simply start up any competitive, new fight or even practice for actual competitive online fights without the possible hassle of internet connection and having to search for someone whose skill level you do not know to do it with.

To make things more sound, this Single-Player Competitive Mode AI could fight in different chosen modes of difficulty.

And in addition to this on Free for All, your opponents could be newly AI-generated ones catered to the level of the team you're using, although I feel this could sound a little far-fetched.

Perhaps in place of a Single-Player Free for All, would be modes like those of Tekken's Arcade and Ghost Battle Modes. Your opponents would be plenty of pre-made ghost or AI teams you could find depending on your own chosen team's level.

These suggestions are still rough drafts that could be refined or added upon, but that is basically the gist of my idea. What do you think?

Reactions: BellaFeng4Eternity
I don't see how this is different than normal PvE and training mode. However I do like the idea of being able to fight variants in training mode, learning how SA's work and learning specific buff/debuff interactions. With how versus mode is currently, I'm unsure why you'd want it to be single player or expanded upon. The reward is very limited, and if you wanted to play singleplayer you could play ANY other gamemode.

I don't see how this is different than normal PvE and training mode. However I do like the idea of being able to fight variants in training mode, learning how SA's work and learning specific buff/debuff interactions. With how versus mode is currently, I'm unsure why you'd want it to be single player or expanded upon. The reward is very limited, and if you wanted to play singleplayer you could play ANY other gamemode.
So that Versus Mode is a lot more reasonably playable, at least from how I see it. The main distinction I would make between online and singleplayer is playability.

And this is precisely my main reason. That distinct enjoyment you could find in Versus Mode is more attainable this way.

Had the gamemode simply appeared more filled and active enough from what I've seen, I don't think such an idea would have even crossed my mind with a presence.

Things may have seemed completely fine from your experience... But with how Versus Mode is currently, I have found it extremely difficult to meet real-time opponents - especially stable ones - in order to attain that sort of experience and enjoyment brought particularly about by this gamemode.

It's only in Versus that you could compete with opponents on the same level relying purely on combat to win, and although this could open the door to a discussion about how the game is meant to be played and put together at this point, I think it's also only in this gamemode that you could fight opponents your level without that sense of predictability in Story and Event Mode, or that sense of limitation in Prize Fight and Rift Mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: BellaFeng4Eternity
So that Versus Mode is a lot more reasonably playable, at least from how I see it. The main distinction I would make between online and singleplayer is playability.

And this is precisely my main reason. The distinct enjoyment you could find in Versus Mode is more attainable this way.

Had the gamemode simply appeared more filled and active enough from what I've seen, I don't think such an idea would have even crossed my mind with a presence.

Things may have seemed completely fine from your experience... But with how Versus Mode is currently, I have found it extremely difficult to meet real-time opponents - especially stable ones - in order to attain that sort of experience and enjoyment brought particularly about by this gamemode.

It's only in Versus that you could compete with opponents on the same level relying purely on fight ability to win, and although this could open the door to a discussion about how the game is meant to be played and put together at this point, I think it's also only in this gamemode that you could fight opponents your level without that sense of predictability in Story and Event Mode, or that sense of limitation in Prize Fight and Rift Mode.
This sounds like it's just a request for a more difficult AI... If the bots had a predetermined pattern it would be easy to solve the game and if they had rng aspects they would very simply be favoring a player. I'm not sure how a singleplayer versus gives you the feeling of fighting opponents your level. Do you mean skill level or player level? Because in the sense of skill level you almost cannot achieve that through AI, and player level you can play rifts or do duels from player profiles. Most even score FS fights are easy because the AI is predictable, and I don't think that predictability is able to just be torn out. I don't get what you mean by the limitation of prize fight and rifts as well.

This sounds like it's just a request for a more difficult AI... If the bots had a predetermined pattern it would be easy to solve the game and if they had rng aspects they would very simply be favoring a player. I'm not sure how a singleplayer versus gives you the feeling of fighting opponents your level. Do you mean skill level or player level? Because in the sense of skill level you almost cannot achieve that through AI, and player level you can play rifts or do duels from player profiles. Most even score FS fights are easy because the AI is predictable, and I don't think that predictability is able to just be torn out. I don't get what you mean by the limitation of prize fight and rifts as well.
Skill level.

It varies from person to person based on their in-game combat skills, but adjustable modes of Competitive AI skill level really have worked for me in different fighting games.

You have a point when it comes to duels, but it's also worth considering that your added friends' avatar mains won't always be on about the same player levels as yours and can always be replaced on a whim.

By the sense of limitation on Prize Fights and Rift, I'm referring to how the right to get to pick and use your characters for a fight is limited to the entry ticket that is energy.

And this is where things could get somewhat iffy given how this fighting game was put together, which is why I've mentioned this possibly opening the door to a different discussion which would tackle how the game is meant to be played... or something along those lines.

Last edited: