• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Squigly's charge attack command

MatDestruction

Reaction score
Right now, there's an annoying bug where when you try to defend (pressing 2 fingers at the screen) the character will sometimes, instead of blocking, will prepare a Charge Attack. I've seen this happen quite often when playing Squigly (might happen with other fighters), and I am not sure on how to 100% reproduce it. This bug costed me a Rift Battle and some of my have said that this has been happening to them, also.

I play on Zenphone 3, ASUS_Z017DC, Android 8.0.0

I confirm this as well, from time to time blocking is considered by game as Charge Attack. Could not figure out if this is happening in some special conditions, but observed that with Squigly, Bella and Beowulf.

Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime, Android 6.0.1, MIUI 10.2 Global.

@MatDestruction , @Disasterrr19 , @lobo0412 ,

Could you tell me if you're putting one finger over the Character Ability button? If you tap one finger on the screen normally, and then tap another finger on the Character Ability button, it will not count as a block.

Have you seen this issue with a character that doesn't use a Character Ability button? We're having trouble reproducing this.

I always block pressing 2 fingers in the right of the screen, so it's kinda of impossible to be pressing Squigly's Ability when blocking. It only started happening this patch. Maybe I'm pressing over the enemy health bar? Or some icon of the UI? But it only seems to happen when playing Squigly.(At least that's for me and some of my friends reported). I will let you know more if this keep happening and I notice a pattern.

It happened also to me with various fighters, even with characters that I'm levellng without any node of their threes unlocked, so they don't have the character ability button unlocked.
To be fair the bug was already existing way before this update but in the last week it happened way more frequently.

We believe we have a pretty good understanding of what's going on now.

Before 3.4, if you leave one finger on the middle of the screen, and your other finger over any of the following:

- Character Ability button
- Special Move
- Blockbuster
- Teammate Tag Out Portrait

You would still get a BLOCK input. (Again, BEFORE this update.)

In 3.4, if you leave one finger on the middle of the screen, and then put your finger over any of those "buttons" and those buttons are enabled (off cooldown, or fully charged), you will get a Charge Attack.

So, in the meantime, you'll need to make sure that your left finger isn't being held over any active button. Resting it over top of a Special Move in the very bottom left corner will prevent you from blocking, which I think isn't playing well with many player's muscle memory.

Could those in this thread play around with what I've described and let me know if that's what you're running into? We're looking into possible hotfix solutions for this, and we'll have more news on that soon.

Reactions: MatDestruction
We believe we have a pretty good understanding of what's going on now.

Before 3.4, if you leave one finger on the middle of the screen, and your other finger over any of the following:

- Character Ability button
- Special Move
- Blockbuster
- Teammate Tag Out Portrait

You would still get a BLOCK input. (Again, BEFORE this update.)

In 3.4, if you leave one finger on the middle of the screen, and then put your finger over any of those "buttons" and those buttons are enabled (off cooldown, or fully charged), you will get a Charge Attack.

So, in the meantime, you'll need to make sure that your left finger isn't being held over any active button. Resting it over top of a Special Move in the very bottom left corner will prevent you from blocking, which I think isn't playing well with many player's muscle memory.

Could those in this thread play around with what I've described and let me know if that's what you're running into? We're looking into possible hotfix solutions for this, and we'll have more news on that soon.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Maybe I am doing that wiyhout even noticing, but I will take care of taking my left hand out of the screen. Thanks Liam and team, keep up the good work!