• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters TERROR BYTE [Rework BUFF]

Gift

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Screenshot_20240806-020436_Skullgirls.jpg
TERROR BYTE is a robo variant that seems like she should have a lot of potential. But she has several issues. These are:
1. Her 1st Signature Ability is practically useless, because she already has "power surge" in her "Marquee"

1.2. Inflicting "slow" is not an optimal debuff since she is an offensive tactical variant and whilst you hit the opponent they are bound to gain meter

2. Her 2nd Signature Ability is where she comes to play as useful, because of the crucial debuff she inflicts "Inverse Polarity". The problem here is that other variants with said debuff perform with ease whilst TERROR BYTE is high maintenance for just 1 debuff.

[SOLUTION SUGGESTED]
Can we get a rework of the 1st Signature Abilty. Say she inflicts Quietus and/or wither.

For her 2nd Signature, we'd like to keep the inverse Polarity, but inflict it by simply deploying a head-drone or through energy attacks [while blocking or not]

Hopefully, this gets attention and terror becomes useful someday

[edit]
I've noticed a suggestion that says her sa1 could inflict regen (SvenZ), but this could easily be stackable and might make her too OP (Dusty00). So how about inflicting "heavy regen"? This way it doesn't stack upto 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone
I feel like triggering SA2 is already pretty easy. SA1 on the other hand... it's quite the stinker and needs a rework.

If anything, move the slow from SA1 to SA2, so head drone hits apply both debuffs now. And completely rework how SA1 works. At the top of my head, something like: "using a Special Move, grants both you and the opponent REGEN for 5/7/10 seconds."

You can reliably spam lasers and head drone attacks, so you'll be applying a nasty DOT. Can be decent in Parallel Realms

Last edited:
Reactions: Gift and Stone
Here’s my reworking suggestion for her!

Terror Byte🟣

Sig1 - Inflict WITHER and GUARD BREAK for 5/7/10 seconds after 3 seconds not suffering from hit (includes blocking)

Sig2 - Headrone hit (include blocking) inflicts INVERSE POLARITY for 10/12/15 seconds (No change)

- Yes, I also think her sig1 is kinda wasted. Since it overlaps with the power surge effect of the marquee, It would be a good idea to add something completely different and stackable ones to sig1. Also, the activation interval is longer than that of Marquee, so it would be a good idea to reduce it to a same level to it.

- Wither seems to be really nice! It will definitely works better than slow. How about guard break for alternative to power surge? In this case, if your opponent doesn't attack, inflict guard break and wither, and if they approach you to attack, inflict power surge. This will create a situation where your opponent is definitely at risk no matter what action they take, offensively or defensively…!

- Maybe newcomers don’t know about it, but actually Terror Byte already got buff on her sig2. Previously it didn’t activate on blocked hit, and duration was also 10 seconds. Personally I'm satisfied with the current performance, so I don't think there's any need to adjust sig2.

Sig1 - Inflict WITHER and GUARD BREAK for 5/7/10 seconds after 3 seconds not suffering from hit (includes blocking)

Sig2 - Headrone hit (include blocking) inflicts INVERSE POLARITY for 10/12/15 seconds (No change)
wither actually is already fairly prevalent in robo kit due to the bb1, I'd change that with something like slime, bleed or the quietus previously suggested to give her something new :)

Do agree that the Sig2 is good enough for the purpose, really easy to inflict inverse.

I feel like triggering SA2 is already pretty easy. SA1 on the other hand... it's quite the stinker and needs a rework.

If anything, move the slow from SA1 to SA2, so head drone hits apply both debuffs now. And completely rework how SA1 works. At the top of my head, something like: "using a Special Move, grants both you and the opponent REGEN for 5/7/10 seconds."

You can reliably spam lasers and head drone attacks, so you'll be applying a nasty DOT. Can be decent in Parallel Realms

Also really like this suggestion, forcing the opponent to regen and therefore suffer from inverse!

Reactions: Gift
Terror Bytes was the first variant to have reverse polarity and was a lot of fun to play with. The reworked SA2 already made her much easier to use and I think she doesn’t need much more buffs.

Giving her access to slime and quietus doesn’t make sense because those are more commonly debuffs associated with Umbrella and Marie; not that she can’t have them but I don’t think it’s needed. Instead, I’d rather that she can inflict disable tag out so the active player can’t just tag out when suffering inverse.

Giving any robo regen by just using beams is way too OP. Most already using movesets that allow you to spam beams so she’d have pretty much permanent access to regen. I do like the concept of giving so maybe it can just be tied to the drone heads. TB’s signature makes her a closeup variant of robo instead of range.

You can reliably spam lasers and head drone attacks, so you'll be applying a nasty DOT. Can be decent in Parallel Realmher giving
The problem having terror give regen would be that often times they could roll immunity when recieving a buff. Maybe her SA1 should have 1 buff removal and then inflict inverse poll

I'm thinking of characters like dream band, split image and so on. They tend to roll immunity a alot often and even on defense there are support characters like surgeon that they can easily benefit immunity from.

It would be nice to have a robo fortune that could gain deadeye and since terror byte is a dark variant maybe having her first SA ignore certain buffs while inflicting inverse pol and controlling meter would make her more useful

Here’s my reworking suggestion for her!

Terror Byte🟣

- Yes, I also think her sig1 is kinda wasted. Since it overlaps with the power surge effect of the marquee, It would be a good idea to add something completely different and stackable ones to sig1. Also, the activation interval is longer than that of Marquee, so it would be a good idea to reduce it to a same level to it.

- Wither seems to be really nice! It will definitely works better than slow. How about guard break for alternative to power surge? In this case, if your opponent doesn't attack, inflict guard break and wither, and if they approach you to attack, inflict power surge. This will create a situation where your opponent is definitely at risk no matter what action they take, offensively or defensively…!

- Maybe newcomers don’t know about it, but actually Terror Byte already got buff on her sig2. Previously it didn’t activate on blocked hit, and duration was also 10 seconds. Personally I'm satisfied with the current performance, so I don't think there's any need to adjust sig2.
The reason I'd like a rework with SA2 is specifically because new comers aren't very technical with head drone combos and would most definitely choose someone else where they can just tap away. This is why I suggested that they should say "head drone and energy attacks" this way when she does her first combo her electric shock she applies on ground 3 would inflict inverse poll, also her beams and some block busters would.

On her sa1 giving both teammates regen when intercepting and inflicting quietus would be great but then again she's a gold variant.