• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Theorycraft: BB Cycle

Joanie

Reaction score
Teammates: Icy Hot, Heavy Reign (2).

"I need a medic!"
Concept: The idea is to barrage your opponents with Heavy Reign's BB moves (preferably Inferno Brigade) by cycling to Icy Hot as much as possible; building up your meters with TAG INs. You start out with Heavy Reign and then TAG IN Icy Hot for BB gain and let her tank hits until you can TAG IN again to another Heavy Reign. She'll gain 4s REGEN allowing you to take more critical hits. Use your BB and TAG IN again to Icy Hot to reload your BBs. Repeat the cycle until you win.

***​

Valentine: Icy Hot (Team Assist)
  • Signature Ability A: First Responder; all teammates TAG IN with REGEN for 4 seconds (X seconds max).
  • B: On TAG IN, all teammates gain 10% meter (X% meter max) for all Blockbusters.

Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Move 5:
Prefered Stats: (Defense, HP#, HP%)

Parasoul: Heavy Reign (Damage)
  • Signature Ability A: Overcast; 50% chance on CRITICAL HIT to gain 10% meter (X% meter max) for all Blockbusters.
  • B: 50% chance to gain 10% meter (X% meter max) for all Blockbusters when suffering CRITICAL HIT.

Move 1: SM1 Burst OR SM2 Napalm Shot
Move 2: BB3 Silent Scope
Move 3: BB4 Conopy Bounce
Move 4: BB5 Motor Brigade
Move 5: BB8 Inferno Brigade
Prefered Stats: (Crit DMG/ATK#/ATK%, Crit Rate, Meter Gain) OR (Crit Rate, Defense/HP#/HP%, Meter Gain)

Note: If you do not have enough move slots or point, BB8 and BB3 takes priority because they are easier to execute. BB8 being first priority, it is your win condition.

SM1 Burst to CRIPPLE your opponent to cause a -25% damage debuff which will help you build meter or escape combos. You can switch it out for SM2 Napalm Shot if you prefer an offensive playstyle.

Afterword: I wanted to theorycraft some possible teams that could help beginners grind Prize Fights cheaply, allowing you to experiment more with certain teams rather than just playing straight Golds or at least have some fun.

I also hope that people will join in and post some interesting builds too and comment on how it works out for them.

Updated v1.2.1

Last edited:
Reactions: BambooEarpick
Joanie,

I didn't give much thought to this post but I just pulled an Icy Hot Valentine. Generally speaking, I think this is a neat concept but tag-in times seem a bit long to make this really abusable (also, tagging in makes you really vulnerable unless you can tag while they're down).

Anyway, I'm posting here to say that I've tried to go all in on a crit Heavy Reign Parasoul and it's a little bit bonkers (it's actually very bonkers). I haven't found any moves that give +crit outside of a copper BURST but I pumped it as much as I could. Once you get enough to use Inferno Brigade you usually crit enough to get another one for free. And then you just Inferno Brigade infinitely. Sorta busted.

Heavy Reign is REALLY good right now. In fact, the best Parasoul variant, I've moved her up to tier 1.

Irg0Htn.png

This was from a >30 win streak Medici Shakedown Prize Fight. Parasoul alone was able to eliminate an entire gold team of 21K FS.

Reactions: Joanie
Heavy Reign is REALLY good right now. In fact, the best Parasoul variant, I've moved her up to tier 1.

Irg0Htn.png

This was from a >30 win streak Medici Shakedown Prize Fight. Parasoul alone was able to eliminate an entire gold team of 21K FS.

Really happy that you'd moved her up to tier 1; I think it'll change people's preconceptions of Bronze and silver fighters.

Yeah. I've been testing out Heavy Reign and she is not without flaws. Her main weakness is having to gain meter for BB8 Inferno Brigade; everything has to be perfect if it's a Bronze Heavy Reign vs. Gold -- Getting BB8 up is difficult without proper stats but once you do, she easily wipe out Golds by chaining BB8 after BB8. (2nd weakness: low crit rate can cancel your chain. Not to mention a lower fighter score; which I'm assuming means lower stats compared to natural Gold if you do get her evolved.)

Joanie,

I didn't give much thought to this post but I just pulled an Icy Hot Valentine. Generally speaking, I think this is a neat concept but tag-in times seem a bit long to make this really abusable (also, tagging in makes you really vulnerable unless you can tag while they're down).

I figured it is cheaper and easier for beginners to invest in a Icy Hot for meter gain, then grind for moves but I agree TAG IN can make you vulnerable. I am still hopeful that she is a valuable asset. (I'll make a more in-depth guide once I iron out a few wrinkles, maybe one section for beginners and another for adept players.)

Last edited:
IMG_5064.jpg

Moved Heavy Reign back down after Hidden Variable confirmed that in the next patch she won't be getting meter charge from blockbuster attacks.

Even with this change, Heavy Reign is better than Ivy League and Sheltered.

Heavy Reign will still be pretty good if you just focus on increasing her crit rate to as high as possible. And make sure to have 0% crit resist at all times. Her top stats are crit rate, meter gain, and defence.

Reactions: PsychotronTM
Moved Heavy Reign back down after Hidden Variable confirmed that in the next patch she won't be getting meter charge from blockbuster attacks.
In fairness, that ability would have been totally bonkers and was clearly not what was intended. I'm happy she doesn't have that :p

Reactions: PsychotronTM