• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Skullgirls Mobile Community Tier List! (2.7.2 UPDATE)

Nah, her final stand renews after each threshold passed and lasts for a pretty long time, so effectively it only works once - when her HP reaches zero. At which point there's enough counters out there, not to mention she'll most likely tag out herself if she can. She's definitely not as bad as AF.
Unless you pair her with surgeon general, then she can heal enough hp to keep the final stand all match

Last edited:
Now, what I’m about to say is speculative so don’t quote me, but to anyone wondering "how in the heck is [one variant of one character] in the same tier as [a variant of a different character]?" I believe the answer is that the tiers were done on a per-character basis. The way I see it, it’s as though the tiers were decided relative to other variants of the same character, rather than absolutely everything being considered at once. Some characters don’t have SS tier fighters in one category or another, but this might be because they were generally seen to be less-than-outstanding in that role.
To echo what Cellsai mentioned, it is interesting that there are fighters that share the notorious distinction of being bottom rung in both Defense and Offense.

ATK/DEF = C
  • Rerun Peacock (bronze)
  • Sketchy Peacock (bronze)
  • Sheltered Parasoul (bronze)
  • Hair Apparent Filia (silver)
  • Nunsense Double (bronze)
Perhaps a buff/rework should be in the future for these unfortunate five?
I'm not against some kind of modifications being made to these variants at some point in the future, but I don't think that them being 'bad' is the entire reason for their tier placements. On the contrary, I believe it's more to do with the fact that most of them are support variants that are kind of awful at holding their own in a high streak situation but go a long way in making an ally more powerful, while the tier list seems to primarily focus on individual prowess. For example, Sheltered really has close to nothing going for her when she's up front, but if she's on the bench supporting No Egrets, Bad Ms Frosty, Parasite Weave, or any Double with MA, she can almost be considered the MVP. Now this obviously doesn't apply for all five but I hope it's a suitable hypothesis for why those variants ended up placed where they are.

Nah, her final stand renews after each threshold passed and lasts for a pretty long time, so effectively it only works once - when her HP reaches zero. At which point there's enough counters out there, not to mention she'll most likely tag out herself if she can. She's definitely not as bad as AF.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with this. It's possible she starts being more powerful when maxed out and at really high streaks, but everything I've seen so far would place her as like a B if not a C on defense, since it's entirely possible to almost completely negate her SA by just hitting her a bunch, then letting her tag out.

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with this. It's possible she starts being more powerful when maxed out and at really high streaks, but everything I've seen so far would place her as like a B if not a C on defense, since it's entirely possible to almost completely negate her SA by just hitting her a bunch, then letting her tag out.

I know you're just making a point about how not amazing in practice she is, but B and C tier defense are reserved for characters that don't even have the stats or SA to be a threat (Either large deficiency in Attack or HP with SAs that either hinder or don't help at all).

Looking at S tier, it's all fighters you can play around quite easily. Just launch Grim Fan as her SA activates, use Grabs and BBs on UT, don't use too many BBs and don't use bleed on Bloodbath. However, playing around all of these incorrectly can cost your streak. Meow and Furrever fits this description: you can play around her easily, but not doing so carries a heavy risk / punishment. She'll likely see S tier on Defense, A tier at worst (head taking unblockable full damage can be a liability imo making her HP easy to reduce)

Reactions: Wumbo_Wings
I know you're just making a point about how not amazing in practice she is, but B and C tier defense are reserved for characters that don't even have the stats or SA to be a threat (Either large deficiency in Attack or HP with SAs that either hinder or don't help at all).

Looking at S tier, it's all fighters you can play around quite easily. Just launch Grim Fan as her SA activates, use Grabs and BBs on UT, don't use too many BBs and don't use bleed on Bloodbath. However, playing around all of these incorrectly can cost your streak. Meow and Furrever fits this description: you can play around her easily, but not doing so carries a heavy risk / punishment. She'll likely see S tier on Defense, A tier at worst (head taking unblockable full damage can be a liability imo making her HP easy to reduce)

I'd still stand by a B or C. You don't need strategy to bypass her SA because the strategy, such as it is, is to just pummel her like you would any other character. If you never read the SA's description, and all the little buff icons never showed up to hint to you what was up, you would still have like a 95% chance of completely negating it by accident.

And if she in effect has no SA on defense except on a few edge cases where she can't tag out, then she's worse than just about any other option. Even an offensive character on defense will at least deal more damage.

It might be possible to argue that if you take her to Diamond, her HP will finally get high enough to make her SA finally work. In my experience, having just beaten a Diamond Meow and Furever, it still was like she effectively had no SA.

Edit:
I will admit that I'm a lot more grouchy than normal today because of things unrelated to the game, so even if my analysis seems correct to me, it's definitely being done with the whatever the opposite of rose colored glasses are.

Last edited:
You're brand new to the game, you're just starting out, and you find a brand spanking new variant in your most recent Premiere Relic opening.

Wow! You just can't believe it! You found Beowulf - Cold Stones!

Is that... Good? Bad? Do you invest in this character? Do you use them on offense or defense? All super valid questions, with (previously) hard to find answers!

SOLUTION!?

We privately asked a few senior community members who have been with us for a very long time for their rankings on each variant in the game. We then averaged the scores assigned to each character, and produced a COMMUNITY TIER LIST.

Things to keep in mind:
  • This tier list was made with "high streak" Prize Fight matches in mind.
  • This is an average of 5 senior community member opinions. It doesn't represent the thoughts of a single one of them individually, and this tier list was not influenced by anyone at Hidden Variable.
  • All of this was done BEFORE the 2.6 update. We'll update this tier list in the future to include Ms. Fortune once the dust settles.
  • This is only meant to serve as a loose guide for players who are just starting out, who want a very quick starting point for understanding a Variants worth. Punch "Skullgirls Mobile" into Google, and note that the most searched result is "Skullgirls Mobile Tier List" - this is for those people!
We recommend viewing both of these images at full resolution. To do that, just click on either of them.

Now that we have the disclaimers out of the way... here they are!

Disagree with these placements? Have other thoughts? Let us know down below!

I agree on all, but Eliza - Scarlet Viper she has to be SS ranking in silver league? Its effect of her special ability, if the bleed doesn't hit them, the attack will, when using "enrage" which are both are gifted when using Sekhmet. It can really seem like a massacre using her, and a maxed silver (4k+) has the ability to knockout a gold at 10k+.

I've tried and won!!

Like says I agree on all, but in the mind their is per league as well (diamond, gold, silver, and bronze) which some are better.

Guess on a all league view this is pretty correct?

Scarlet viper is unexpectedly useful in Peacock silver PF. You block, get armor break, which only lasts five seconds, and get an enrage that is twice as long. I had 3 stacks of enrage going at once one time.

Reactions: Psyche
Hello, I am sorry but this list needs to be updated with the many changes of the patch. Please do it ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Liam
Hi, I interested in the reasons for Bloodbath to be ranked higher than Diva Eliza.

To me, Diva seems to be able to dish out a lot of damage while keep enemy BBs locked out.
On the other hand, the duration of Bloodbath's 5 sec bleed seems too short. Plus it does not respond to heavy or perma bleed.

Hi, I interested in the reasons for Bloodbath to be ranked higher than Diva Eliza.

To me, Diva seems to be able to dish out a lot of damage while keep enemy BBs locked out.
On the other hand, the duration of Bloodbath's 5 sec bleed seems too short. Plus it does not respond to heavy or perma bleed.
This is just my opinion, but I believe the reason Diva Intervention is below Bloodbath is because Bloodbath has overall higher DPS at very high PF streaks(which is the situation that the entire tier list is built around). This is because Diva Intervention has a fairly low attack stat, which makes it harder for her to do good damage, even with the ability to keep refilling her meter, as the streak gets higher. Bloodbath can get around this with her bleeds, which are just as effective at a 30 streak as they are at a 15 streak. Bloodbath also does a better job of keeping herself alive than Diva Intervention at the high streaks because she gets a regen stack from any bleed applied to her(excluding any permanent bleed)and not just bleeds applied from her own SA.

Eeeh, move tier list is imho kinda subjective. Also attack based. For example bursts on defense should be much higher. Bonus points for burst hits counting as regular hits for the purpose of BB3 trigger, so an enemy with BB3 ready can burst out of combo and immediately BB3 you.

Also why is hornet bomber so high for double?

Also why are middle of the sphinx (great meter control that can be used at the end of combo. Kinda like sedative) and weight of anubis (command grab) so low.

Also why is motor brigade so high?

Also why is boxcar higher than GDO?

Also how to omnomnom?

Also Inferno and SBO are S, but probably not SSS. They proc defensive SAs like crazy. Brain Freeze is the worst offender, she pretty much takes no damage from Inferno/SBO combos.

Eeeh, move tier list is imho kinda subjective. Also attack based. For example bursts on defense should be much higher. Bonus points for burst hits counting as regular hits for the purpose of BB3 trigger, so an enemy with BB3 ready can burst out of combo and immediately BB3 you.

Also why are middle of the sphinx (great meter control that can be used at the end of combo. Kinda like sedative) and weight of anubis (command grab) so low.

Also how to omnomnom?

Also Inferno and SBO are S, but probably not SSS. They proc defensive SAs like crazy. Brain Freeze is the worst offender, she pretty much takes no damage from Inferno/SBO combos.

It is really subjective, but for boxcar I can tell you the reason: you can use it after the last hit of a juggle an it will hit enemy always (except fia, peacock and double) as they are standing up so you can use impending doom just after you used boxcar and they wil get hit by it. You can even use a second or even third boxcar after that and tbey will all connect

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski

Also how to omnomnom?

1. It combos like crazy.
2. Amost all of Eliza's specials are lacking: you usually wanna start/end every combo with Sekhmet; and you gotta consider the context. Why would I wanna use Middle of the Sphinx when I have on-demand Meter Drain as Diva Intervention?
3. Motor Brigade's busted. High damage and stun, and is easily chainable before/after some of Parasoul's combos.
4. What Beldr said.
5. Good question.
6. IoL combos very well with a combo-centric character like Squigly. Whether you wanna use it or not against a Brain Freeze's your problem; not to mention the Heal Block it inflicts is a very premium debuff... And what's SBO? o_O

Then again, this is all kind of subjective, you usually just play your fighter the way you want.

1. It combos like crazy.
2. Amost all of Eliza's specials are lacking: you usually wanna start/end every combo with Sekhmet; and you gotta consider the context. Why would I wanna use Middle of the Sphinx when I have on-demand Meter Drain as Diva Intervention?
3. Motor Brigade's busted. High damage and stun, and is easily chainable before/after some of Parasoul's combos.
4. What Beldr said.
5. Good question.
6. IoL combos very well with a combo-centric character like Squigly. Whether you wanna use it or not against a Brain Freeze's your problem; not to mention the Heal Block it inflicts is a very premium debuff... And what's SBO? o_O
1. Eeeh. Everything Double combos.
2. Diva yes. For other variants it's the only meter drain available.
6. SBO is battle opera. Again most of Squigg stuff combos well, and in that case I don't see why IoL should be significantly higher than, say, Drag'nDrop. Yes IoL does wither (so does SBO which is kinda mandatory anyway) and a bit of heal block. But D'n'D does armor break on every hit (hello grudge MA, RE and AF) and is a command launcher that can launch unflinching characters.

1. Eeeh. Everything Double combos.
2. Diva yes. For other variants it's the only meter drain available.
6. SBO is battle opera. Again most of Squigg stuff combos well, and in that case I don't see why IoL should be significantly higher than, say, Drag'nDrop. Yes IoL does wither (so does SBO which is kinda mandatory anyway) and a bit of heal block. But D'n'D does armor break on every hit (hello grudge MA, RE and AF) and is a command launcher that can launch unflinching characters.

1. Cilia Slide > Bogus Buzzard > Hornet Bomber for all 3 hits, a Heal Block and a Slow.
2. If you're talking about Bloodbath and Red Velvet, you're right. But I guess most people would want a 50% shot on stunning the opponent at the end of a combo for 6 seconds with Upper Khat rather than reducing Meter, since Eliza doesn't have all that many stuns. But again, whatever works for you. I personally like Osiris Spiral bc of the Heavy Bleed, which helps a variant like Diva Intervention a lot in getting the job done.
6. You just gave all the reasons why BO and IoL are so good, and maybe people rate those reasons higher than what Drag 'n' Drop brings to the table. Again, I'd use DnD for the same reason you noted, but I'd still have to admit IoL and BO have way more utility, which is why I think they earn their spot as SS over something like DnD.

Last edited:
1. Cilia Slide > Bogus Buzzard > Hornet Bomber for all 3 hits, a Heal Block and a Slow.
2. If you're talking about Bloodbath and Red Velvet, you're right. But I guess most people would want a 50% shot on stunning the opponent at the end of a combo for 6 seconds with Upper Khat rather than reducing Meter, since Eliza doesn't have all that many stuns. But again, whatever works for you. I personally like Osiris Spiral bc of the Heavy Bleed, which helps a variant like Diva Intervention a lot in getting the job done.
6. You just gave all the reasons why BO and IoL are so good, and maybe people rate those reasons higher than what Drag 'n' Drop brings to the table. Again, I'd use DnD for the same reason you noted, but I'd still have to admit IoL and BO have way more utility, which is why I think they earn their spot as SS over something like DnD.
1. You can CS->BB->Gunblades->whatever. Idunno how to combo off hornet bomber, not into it.
2. Eeeh, for me it's the opposite. Stun might land or might not land, but sphinx guarantees no BB3 after combo if for some reason you can't finish in sekhmet.
6. My reasoning for why not IoL (or rather why IoL is not SSS). There's no reason not to have SBO with Squigg. After once-per combo logic there's little reason not to finish a combo with SBO to have wither at the end of the combo (or SBO->IoL if you have it). SBO unlike IOL is guaranteed to be ready for the end of the combo regardless of your meter gain or how your ground combo goes. So IoL is just an additional combo damage and a bit more chance to land wither. It doesn't bring some new utility to the table provided you already have SBO (it does 5s heal block, but it's too short for what it does and how often you can land it. When leveling an IoL-equipped DoW I've lost a good number of streaks to ICU Vals because lol can't beat regen). D'n'D does stuff that Squigg doesn't have an access to otherwise.

Last edited:
why. is. Hellcat. so. low!!! I've played around with hellcat in bronze PF, and although I don't have hack and splash, I still think Hellcat is better. She has a reliable way to gain enrage, and all you need to do is protect her carefully so her health doesn't drop below 50%, and if you get it back up to 50% via Mlem MA, omnomnom, tagging out, etc., you get the enrage back. On the other paw, although Hack and Splash has a high ATK, she fails on both defense and offense. Her SA virtually doesn't exist because you rarely pull off a "Well timed block" either on defense or offense. the offense tier list focuses too much on raw ATK. Hellcat has bronze stats, true, but that can be fixed with a diamond evolution. to put her lower than Hack and Splash is absolutely unfair. (As for the question of defense, all Fortunes on defense are pretty much synonymous with free points except for Meow and Just Kitten, and even then they aren't particularly great defenders. Fortune needs a buff like Parasite Weave used to need a nerf.)