• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Unblockable Giant Step?

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
I've noticed this occurring for awhile now, but it happens so rarely that it always kind of leaves my mind right after. Is the special move "Giant Step" supposed to be unblockable if you get hit by the tip of it? Something I've seen happen to me before and just happened to me again in the Big Band Daily is that I'll be blocking and an enemy Ben will use Giant Step from a distance, and I'll get hit with the tip of the attack and it will go through my block. But nothing in the move's description suggests that's supposed to happen, so I'm wondering if it's a hidden attribute. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve experienced this as well. I think it’s a bug.

In console, Giant Step is actually an unblockable shockwave, but ONLY if the attack misses. It's possible that when it was brought over to SGM, some of the unblockable properties persisted? I've never seen this personally.

I'll see if we can reproduce it.

In console, Giant Step is actually an unblockable shockwave, but ONLY if the attack misses. It's possible that when it was brought over to SGM, some of the unblockable properties persisted? I've never seen this personally.

I'll see if we can reproduce it.
Oh, so like if it doesn't make a direct hit, it fires a shockwave towards the opponent that can't be blocked? Did not know that.
Most recently when I saw this occur, I was a Ms Fortune and I was backed up against the left edge of the stage. I tried to reproduce it myself but I couldn't get the enemy to be at the right distance.

Oh, so like if it doesn't make a direct hit, it fires a shockwave towards the opponent that can't be blocked?
It's more like, if the pedal hitbox misses, then the entire floor becomes a hitbox the next frame, and you have to jump or else you get hit.

Hitbox is HERE.

I'll... make sure that bottom one is turned off... :p

It's more like, if the pedal hitbox misses, then the entire floor becomes a hitbox the next frame, and you have to jump or else you get hit.

Hitbox is HERE.

I'll... make sure that bottom one is turned off... :p
That, or just add jumping into SGM.
Cause that not difficult or anything [/sarcasm] ;)