• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Painwheel Flight Risk Suggestions

Do you agree with these suggestions?

• I agree with the first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with the second

• I agree with none

• Total voters

Nishcheta

Reaction score
Alright so, I hope I speak for the majority of us painwheel fans when I say that her flight risk, as it has been implemented in skullgirls mobile, is simply not up to par. Its double upward swipe activation is janky, and makes it impossible to flight risk when the enemy is close enough to you to eat your initial launcher move, leaving you vulnerable when you had just planned on going on the offensive. What follows is a list of potential suggestions on how to improve the quality of life for those looking to utilize painwheels flight risk

Firstly, I believe that, at bare minimum, the current method of flight activation needs to be changed, preferably to a button system similar to that of squiggly, fortune, or robo. Ideally, it would simply have a press-on press-off functionality, so that while in flight one can still dash or L1, or even deactivate, as effectively as they could before. This would also allow painwheel to more easily utilize her natural evade which comes with flight risk. All else which follows would be extra, admittedly unnecessary changes, so if any developers happen to read this, please, understand that even if all else is ignored, this is what I believe is the most important change which can be made for her.

Secondly, In order to give her flight risk more viability, beyond the simple flight grab spam most people are used to employing, I believe its necessary to make her flight Dash, and Flight L1 comboable. Meaning you can transition into a basic combo, launcher, special move or blockbuster after landing a dash or L1 out of flight risk. As it stands, dashing or L1ing out of flight risk is almost useless, as many characters can simply block, or initiate a basic combo immediately after painwheel lands. It makes her flight dash LESS useful than her normal dash, which seems pretty odd. As it stands, I would be overjoyed if the first suggestion were taken into consideration even if this one is not, as much as I believe this is necessary, I can live with a more easily accessible flight risk on its own.

Thirdly, as far as potentially increasing flight risks viability even further goes, I think itd be reeeaallly awesome to see her hatred armor implemented in some form or another. I was thinking, it could make an appearance in the form of her flight dash having a single hit of unflinching, similar to big bands normal dash. This would probably buff painwheel far more than what she reasonably needs which is why it is last, but I know a lot of us would like to see it. Also, I need to mention that using beur thresher out of flight risk, should not require painwheel to first drop to the ground again, and then jump back up. All that does is give the enemy time to block, time which they shouldnt have if they wrecklessly rushed a flying painwheel with a charged thresher.

Whatever you developers decide to do, I appreciate you taking the time to read and possibly consider these suggestions. I love you guys, and this game, and ofc, I love painwheel. I cant wait to see what you guys have planned going forwards.

-sincerely, a painwheel fan

I personally think that Painwheel as a character does not need a buff, so I would air on the side of caution in buffing Flight Risk. (Although I do agree that, as it stands, it's pretty much useless.)

It would be nice to see it act more similarly to Peacock's evade, which is a little finnicky to activate with the double swipe, but allows for total evasion. I haven't used Flight Risk all that much to say how much it can or cannot evade, but when I have used it it didn't seem to do much. Maybe it's just a matter of keeping track of what a "low" attack is.

The other best alternative in my eyes is to let it combo properly, so even if it can only evade a handful of attacks, it's still a more viable option than blocking.

Firstly, I believe that, at bare minimum, the current method of flight activation needs to be changed, preferably to a button system similar to that of squiggly, fortune, or robo.
As far as I remember, Liam told in the past that the devs are going to do this for Painwheel and Peacock when they have enough time to adjust the game engine. Current input is indeed unreliable.

As far as buffing Flight Risk, I think that it might be cool to make it a strong punish tool. For example, in case of evading a low attack Painwheel gains 3 stacks of Enrage for 3 seconds and can land a devastating counter-blow. Oh, yes, Buer Thresher and Violet Grudge should totally be usable while in Flight state.

I personally think that Painwheel as a character does not need a buff, so I would air on the side of caution in buffing Flight Risk. (Although I do agree that, as it stands, it's pretty much useless.)

It would be nice to see it act more similarly to Peacock's evade, which is a little finnicky to activate with the double swipe, but allows for total evasion. I haven't used Flight Risk all that much to say how much it can or cannot evade, but when I have used it it didn't seem to do much. Maybe it's just a matter of keeping track of what a "low" attack is.

The other best alternative in my eyes is to let it combo properly, so even if it can only evade a handful of attacks, it's still a more viable option than blocking.

Well I respect your take on it, but if we can both mutually agree that flight risk as it stands is almost useless, then we should be able to mutually agree it needs to be updated to some capacity

Reactions: Disasterrr19
Well I respect your take on it, but if we can both mutually agree that flight risk as it stands is almost useless, then we should be able to mutually agree it needs to be updated to some capacity
Yeah, I think it should still be buffed. I just think it would be easy to make it too powerful, which seems unnecessary since Painwheel as a whole is very strong. I would still love to see some sort of improvement to Flight Risk.

Yeah, I think it should still be buffed. I just think it would be easy to make it too powerful, which seems unnecessary since Painwheel as a whole is very strong. I would still love to see some sort of improvement to Flight Risk.

Repeats some of the above suggestions, but a list of possibilities are:

1) Make it same as peacock SA but disappear into top of screen instead of being able to be attacked. (grant full evasion). Painwheel, like peacock, then "pops down" on attack. I dont think Peacock SA is too strong, correct me if I am wrong... but at least with this Painwheel can have full evasion.

2) Weaken the damage of painwheel's buer thresher, violet grudge when used normally to perhaps 75%, but double damage it when used in flight risk mode. Use flight risk as a somewhat risky charging for a high damage move

3) Evading mechanic is pretty good idea too, to give painwheel buffs on a well-timed evade.

Repeats some of the above suggestions, but a list of possibilities are:

1) Make it same as peacock SA but disappear into top of screen instead of being able to be attacked. (grant full evasion). Painwheel, like peacock, then "pops down" on attack. I dont think Peacock SA is too strong, correct me if I am wrong... but at least with this Painwheel can have full evasion.

I mean no offense, but this in specific sounds like waayyyy too much, and would completely derail any use for flight risk outside of use as an evade. I mean, painwheel isnt able to fly offscreen even in the actual console and pc versions of the game, I dont see the point in making something like this. Id much rather flight risk be made with a button press activation and deactivation, that alone would allow you to evade extremely well with enough practice and timing, especially compared to the current thing. While also still allowing you to utilize the flight risk dash and L1, hopefully buffed versions where its possible to basic combo out of them, because as it stands using those two attacks are almost useless

Reactions: Disasterrr19
My two cents here.
I agree that the evasion is... hard to make useful, at the very least. I won't say much more as all seem to agree with that. Same goes for the "having to go down to start the buer and all else" thing.
Just wanted to comment on one point that was not touch anymore.

Thirdly, as far as potentially increasing flight risks viability even further goes, I think itd be reeeaallly awesome to see her hatred armor implemented in some form or another. I was thinking, it could make an appearance in the form of her flight dash having a single hit of unflinching, similar to big bands normal dash. This would probably buff painwheel far more than what she reasonably needs which is why it is last, but I know a lot of us would like to see it. Also, I need to mention that using beur thresher out of flight risk, should not require painwheel to first drop to the ground again, and then jump back up. All that does is give the enemy time to block, time which they shouldnt have if they wrecklessly rushed a flying painwheel with a charged thresher.
-sincerely, a painwheel fan

That could be a cool SA for a new pallete.