• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Season's Beatings 2020

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
xmas2020.jpg

WINTER HOLIDAYS

Season's Beatings Prize Fight 12/23 - 1/1 (10 Days!)

SEASON'S BEATINGS Milestone Rewards

14 tier rewards track:
  1. 25k = 10 Theonite 5,000 Canopy Coins
  2. 50k = 20 Theonite 7,500 Canopy Coins
  3. 100k = 2 4h Double XP Boost 30 Theonite 11,250 Canopy Coins
  4. 325k = 40 Theonite 17,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  5. 800k = 50 Theonite 25,000 Canopy Coins
  6. 1.5m = 2 12h Double XP Boost 60 Theonite 38,000 Canopy Coins
  7. 2.5m = 70 Theonite 57,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  8. 4.5m = 80 Theonite 85,500 Canopy Coins
  9. 8m = Sunken Relic, Scorched Relic, Stormy Relic, Shining Relic, Shrouded Relic 90 Theonite 128,000 Canopy Coins
  10. 12.5m = 100 Theonite 192,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  11. 25m = 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards
  12. 50m = 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards
  13. 100m = 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards Legendary Relic
  14. 250m = FROSTED DIAMOND RELIC
TOTALS
10 relics, 5 Elemental Essences (1000 shards for each: red, green, blue, yellow, purple) 460 Theonite 566,250 Canopy Coins

EVENT REWARDS
(Unlock Event Rewards by scoring at least 100,00 points.)

TOP 61% - 100%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 Ornamental Relic
TOP 31% - 60%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 gold key 2 Ornamental Relics
TOP 11% - 30%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 gold key 1 diamond key 3 Ornamental Relics
TOP 10%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 2 gold key 1 diamond key 4 Ornamental Relics
RANK 1 - 1000
1 bronze key 1 silver key 2 gold keys 2 diamond keys 5 Ornamental Relics

ORNAMENTAL RELIC
- SILVER -
Gang Green Squigly NEW!
Triple Threat Annie
Chameleon Twist Fukua

- GOLD -
Time Thief Ms. Fortune NEW!
Evergreen Evil Double
Mean One Peacock

- DIAMOND -
Star Shine Annie NEW!
Beast King Beowulf NEW!
Splitting Image Fukua

FROSTED DIAMOND RELIC
- DIAMOND -
Beast King Beowulf
Star Shine Annie
Wind Stalker Ms. Fortune
Model Leader Annie
Neuromancer Painwheel

FIGHT MODIFIERS
SLAY BELLS
[Fire Element Fighters]
Gain ENRAGE after every 3 seconds not suffering a hit (includes blocked hits). Each ENRAGE is removed after the next landed HIT.

SILENT NIGHT
[Dark Element Fighters]
When suffering a CRITICAL HIT, DISABLE the opponent's BLOCKBUSTERS for 10 seconds.

MR. GRINCH
[Air Element Fighters]
Using a BLOCKBUSTER will convert all opponent BUFFS into random DEBUFFS.

O HOLY NIGHT
[Light Element Fighters]
RESURRECT with 25% HEALTH and FINAL STAND for 15 seconds after being dead for 60 seconds.

LET IT SNOW
[Water Element Fighters]
Gain ARMOR for 3 seconds when suffering a HIT that deals less than 1% MAX HEALTH.

- - - - - -

2020 modifiers changes:
Let It Snow: 5 -> 3 seconds
O Holy Night: 30 -> 60 seconds

Do you hear that menacing jangle of jingle bells? Which sugar plum diamonds have invaded your dreams? A week from Wednesday is the biggest Prize Fight of the year (perhaps in all of SGM history). 10 days of grinding your device into dust as you climb hundreds of millions of points. You ready?

Last edited:
The beatings have already begun! Behold, a 5K punch to the theonite vault:
5krip.jpg

I took the 10+1 Ornamental Relic deal because I love jackpot relics. My success criteria was "get something new" and "get an Annie" so even with minimum luck results I still think it's a win.

Anyone got the guts to gamble 10k on a guaranteed diamond?
frosted.jpg
(if I had the 10k, I'd actually consider it to get a Neuromancer Painwheel)

My first season's beating!

There are rift coins also? Nice.
The modifier looks good. Much like rift defences.
Out of 14 fighters, I only have 2 variants: Evergreen Evil and Chameleon Twist. I should get some new fighters from this.
Do you hear that menacing jangle of jingle bells?
I hear this actually.
416.png
10 days of grinding your device into dust as you climb hundreds of millions of points. You ready?
Hell yeah!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
The beatings have already begun! Behold, a 5K punch to the theonite vault:
View attachment 12305
I took the 10+1 Ornamental Relic deal because I love jackpot relics. My success criteria was "get something new" and "get an Annie" so even with minimum luck results I still think it's a win.
No purchase yet, but after the update I had saved 8 Ornamental Relics from last year, so I cracked them: 2 GG, 3 TT, 3 Twist.

Anyone got the guts to gamble 10k on a guaranteed diamond?
View attachment 12306
(if I had the 10k, I'd actually consider it to get a Neuromancer Painwheel)
I'm on the fence. I purchased the nightmare relic cuz I knew I would not make the milestone. This also includes 2M CC, which is sorta like 1740 theo making the relic 8260 theo...but for 10K theo you can get 165 fighter relics and test your RNG luck and possibly more Diamonds? It really depends if you thinks it's worth the smaller pool of fighters. 2 of which are Annie. I don't have any in that pool and 2 are exclusive until the update or two in 2021...I might buy it...

I'm looking forward to this a lot, it'll be a great boost for my fighter upgrading funds!

Somehow, I feel like the rewards system will be somewhere halfway between 2019's Halloween and Christmas events; most milestones will be currency and relics, with the Frosted Diamond reserved for the very top milestone (maybe 250mil based on Halloween '19, maybe higher), and the ranking rewards will probably be keys and relic shards.

Though it makes me wonder how high the Frosted Dia relic will be placed; the rest of 2020's holiday PFs show that 100mil in 4 days is doable for a chunk of the playerbase (maybe a couple hundred people based on top 100 rankings for previous holidays), and 250mil in 10 days is just the same amount of grind per day extended out over a longer time period (25mil a day on average for both). Is the Frosted Relic going to be placed at the 250mil milestone or even higher? I do hope it is a milestone reward though (even if it's a really tough one), and not a ranking reward, otherwise I think a lot of people will be disappointed if they put in a ton of extra work to try and get the rank for it and end up missing since they can't tell how much they need for it.

Saikyo Mantis?
Oh noes, @BallotBoxer just got exposed!!! In the name of all that's... Wait, stop, that was known for a year (https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/lets-be-friends.16125/#post-40918).

I am sitting for the second day in a row looking at this 10K Theo offer... On one hand, I don't have any of these 5 Diamonds, and new is always cool. On the other hand, I still need a lot of money to put in my recently acquired AG, Timeless Hero, Tres Chic and finally invest in Immoral... Tough choice. Even if I get my so much desired Neuromancer, I will be too broke to make her useful immediately.

Does anyone have info on availability of Frosted Dia offer after the Christmas PF os over? If I don't get anything interesting from Ornamentals, I'll probably do it.

Oh noes, @BallotBoxer just got exposed!!! In the name of all that's... Wait, stop, that was known for a year (https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/lets-be-friends.16125/#post-40918).

I am sitting for the second day in a row looking at this 10K Theo offer... On one hand, I don't have any of these 5 Diamonds, and new is always cool. On the other hand, I still need a lot of money to put in my recently acquired AG, Timeless Hero, Tres Chic and finally invest in Immoral... Tough choice. Even if I get my so much desired Neuromancer, I will be too broke to make her useful immediately.

Does anyone have info on availability of Frosted Dia offer after the Christmas PF os over? If I don't get anything interesting from Ornamentals, I'll probably do it.
I imagine the offer will be available after the event is over but only a Dev can give you a solid answer. If I remember correctly we usually get an extra day or two for offers after the event ends.

I'm looking forward to this a lot, it'll be a great boost for my fighter upgrading funds!

Somehow, I feel like the rewards system will be somewhere halfway between 2019's Halloween and Christmas events; most milestones will be currency and relics, with the Frosted Diamond reserved for the very top milestone (maybe 250mil based on Halloween '19, maybe higher), and the ranking rewards will probably be keys and relic shards.

Though it makes me wonder how high the Frosted Dia relic will be placed; the rest of 2020's holiday PFs show that 100mil in 4 days is doable for a chunk of the playerbase (maybe a couple hundred people based on top 100 rankings for previous holidays), and 250mil in 10 days is just the same amount of grind per day extended out over a longer time period (25mil a day on average for both). Is the Frosted Relic going to be placed at the 250mil milestone or even higher? I do hope it is a milestone reward though (even if it's a really tough one), and not a ranking reward, otherwise I think a lot of people will be disappointed if they put in a ton of extra work to try and get the rank for it and end up missing since they can't tell how much they need for it.
I'm prepared for the 250 mil milestone.
And I agree that a milestone for rewards is better than ranking because I think it motivated players to push harder. With ranking it's so unknown you don't really know when to stop, but with milestones the goal is clear and you can start setting daily milestones for yourself.

The Nightmare Relic from the Halloween 2019 event was 250m for that milestone.

Keeping in mind that it's was a 4-day PF at the time, I'm going to harbour a guess that the Frosted Relic will either be 500m, or a Top 100 reward. Leaning towards 500m though, as I'm sure they want to keep the guaranteed diamond relic at a very high milestone. Any higher than that, and HVS devs are pretty sadistic lol

This is also only going to be the second time they've done this guaranteed dia relic, so it could change just as easily

Reactions: Art3mes
The -Sleigh- Slay Bells are ringing!
2020 Rewards have been updated in the first post!

SEASON'S BEATINGS Milestone Rewards
14 tier rewards track:
  1. 25k = 10 Theonite 5,000 Canopy Coins
  2. 50k = 20 Theonite 7,500 Canopy Coins
  3. 100k = 2 4h Double XP Boost 30 Theonite 11,250 Canopy Coins
  4. 325k = 40 Theonite 17,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  5. 800k = 50 Theonite 25,000 Canopy Coins
  6. 1.5m = 2 12h Double XP Boost 60 Theonite 38,000 Canopy Coins
  7. 2.5m = 70 Theonite 57,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  8. 4.5m = 80 Theonite 85,500 Canopy Coins
  9. 8m = Sunken Relic, Scorched Relic, Stormy Relic, Shining Relic, Shrouded Relic 90 Theonite 128,000 Canopy Coins
  10. 12.5m = 100 Theonite 192,000 Canopy Coins Ornamental Relic
  11. 25m = 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards 200 Elemental Shards
  12. 50m = 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards 300 Elemental Shards
  13. 100m = 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards 500 Elemental Shards Legendary Relic
  14. 250m = FROSTED DIAMOND RELIC
TOTALS
10 relics, 5 Elemental Essences (1000 shards for each: red, green, blue, yellow, purple) 460 Theonite 566,250 Canopy Coins

EVENT REWARDS
(Unlock Event Rewards by scoring at least 100,00 points.)

TOP 61% - 100%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 Ornamental Relic
TOP 31% - 60%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 gold key 2 Ornamental Relics
TOP 11% - 30%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 1 gold key 1 diamond key 3 Ornamental Relics
TOP 10%
1 bronze key 1 silver key 2 gold key 1 diamond key 4 Ornamental Relics
RANK 1 - 1000
1 bronze key 1 silver key 2 gold keys 2 diamond keys 5 Ornamental Relics

Look at all that treasure! A "maybe diamond" at 100 million, and a guaranteed diamond at 250 million.

Also note that a couple defensive fight modifiers got nerfed!

O HOLY NIGHT
[Light Element Fighters]
RESURRECT with 25% HEALTH and FINAL STAND for 15 seconds after being dead for 60 seconds. (formerly 30 seconds)

LET IT SNOW
[Water Element Fighters]
Gain ARMOR for 3 seconds (formerly 5 seconds) when suffering a HIT that deals less than 1% MAX HEALTH.

Saikyo Mantis?
Maybe I should somehow ask the mods to change me to be "Saikyo Mantis" here too...

I think the nerf on the Light modifier may have been a little rough, but maybe at high streaks it becomes more viable.

The nerf on the Water modifier is fair.

Got nothing but silvers from the milestone jackpot relics. :mad:
(I did luckily get the new Squigly but who cares. Literally every gold/diamond in the relic is something I don't have).

Got really lucky with my Ornamentals and got both the new Squigly and Fortune, so I'm hoping my luck holds up for the Frosted Diamond relic and I at least get something I don't own yet.

250mil for it is pretty lenient though, it's the same 25mil per day as the usual Legendary milestone on the 4 day holiday PFs, which is something I'm very thankful for. The extended time also gives room for more lenient time management, which is great because a lot of folks (myself included) are probably going to be too busy to grind during the middle parts of the PF. If I just don't fall too far behind it should be a decently reasonable goal to hit.

Also, top 1,000 instead of just top 100? Nice! I'm curious if the top 1,000 Ranking score threshold will be greater or less than the 250mil for the last milestone. I'm also glad to see the Diamond Keys spread out more evenly among the lower Ranking Rewards this time too, it should give newer folks a better chance at them. (Also really happy to see a free one from today's gift!)

Last edited:
I do agree that the nerf on the light modifier is very harsh. I think the water modifier nerf was needed for sure, it's a lot more tolerable. Nice to see that the fire modifier is the same, and that air does really well against both fire and water, just like the previous Christmas PFs.

Got really lucky with my Ornamentals and got both the new Squigly and Fortune, so I'm hoping my luck holds up for the Frosted Diamond relic and I at least get something I don't own yet.

250mil for it is pretty lenient though, it's the same 25mil per day as the usual Legendary milestone on the 4 day holiday PFs, which is something I'm very thankful for. The extended time also gives room for more lenient time management, which is great because a lot of folks (myself included) are probably going to be too busy to grind during the middle parts of the PF. Just don't fall too far behind and it should be a decently reasonable goal to hit.

Also, top 1,000 instead of just top 100? Nice! I'm curious if the top 1,000 Ranking score threshold will be greater or less than the 250mil for the last milestone. I'm also glad to see the Diamond Keys spread out more evenly among the lower Ranking Rewards this time too, it should give newer folks a better chance at them. (Also really happy to see a free one from today's gift!)

Nice! I don't have any of the golds or diamonds, but Time Thief is probably one of the variants I would love to get, she seems the most fun out of the golds at the very least. All silvers are still great to get though, Fukua and Annie are both fighters I'm lacking fodder in rn

So far all the Christmas PF has had a top 1000 cut-off, which is great, gives a lot more players the satisfaction to make the top reward tier. I can't really say for certain as people will definitely push harder due to the Frosted Relic milestone, but I hope it isn't above 250m. I could be wrong though! Not the first time haha

Good luck all for the PF, and may your streaks be blessed :D

EDIT: Oops, I was wrong. Top 1000 last year was barely above 100m lol. I guess anything goes :0

Last edited:
Best feeling is when you convert 5 stacks of barriers and 5 stacks of precision of Overclocked into 10 timeless debuffs.
I wonder what kind of face Overclocked made at that moment:eek:
:p

Last edited:
I finally managed to hit 250m!

Here's a few tips from a vet who came out of retirement for this so it might be outdated:

1) Use Trauma Center valentines!

I can't understate how important this is. A mistake can be lethal, but final stand can give you one more chance to redeem yourself. Surgeon General is a no brainer here, but shoutouts to both bronzes for being budget options, Graveyard for giving you a cheaper source of TC + Regen, and Killjoy for having a third revive when needed.

2) Be smart with your bounties!

Sometimes, you're gonna have to skip that 5x bounty. If you have the fighters to do confidently it but gotta wait, then don't be afraid to wait it out (or use energy refresh if you have them, but not everyone does). And if it's a name you can type in the friends list, it's not a bad idea to look them up to see their move stats. Look out for lots of HP% and defense % on the fighters you see there. If they have those two, then ask yourself twice if you really have the damage to take them out. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

3) Know your counters!

There are two teams that were most capable of ending my streaks: beefy light teams and beefy dark teams (sometimes with a 1 of IF, Evergreen or BS slapped in). 2 Light vals with 1SI teams were by far the toughest for me. Take KJ out first without precision or hex to force her to waste her SA. Outtakes are your friend here. Also, if you have a strong Robo, her BB3 shuts down the light resurrections altogether. Dark is a bit trickier; you have taunts in Squigly, Peacock, and Parasoul to get immunity. Surgeon is a decent source, but odds are decent that you crit them and get hit by BB disable before it activates. Sketchy is nearly on demand immunity, and offers curse on outtake, which can help with water teams. Worth noting if you brought a green carry, you might be better off giving water 5 stacks of armor then using a BB to melt some of their HP.

4) Pace yourself!

I know this is counterintuitive with the concept of hard grinding, but overdoing it makes losses feel worse and wins less exciting. There's 2 days left, and while all the rewards are great, none are irreplaceable. Diamond relics can be grinded (the pool is wider mind you, but they cost nothing but time). Diamond keys can be gotten with rift coins (if you're not getting diamond tier in rifts, I think this is the best rift coin use), essence is slowly but steadily earned from break/daily relics and master dailies, keys are gained form Accursed Experiments and prize fights, and relic exclusives will come to the main relic pool later. These things are great, but none of it will be gone forever. You'll always have opportunities to get these things later.

I'm sure there's more I didn't say, but these are the big 4 that got me through it. Honestly, 250m was satisfying, but the biggest boost is at 12.5m (all the relics, coins, and theo), then at 50m (half an essence of every color). Even 50m to 100m is a pretty solid boost. But while a guaranteed diamond is nice, the time investment you're putting into it isn't going to be worth it for most people. Honestly, I only did it to know that I could.