• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

[OFF TOPIC] How to start a Fight 101

Aaayyye, thanks! I'd love to keep it like a sequel to the prequel but still very much in place so even if you enter it without much knowledge like a lot of people for Mobile, we still got a wonderful way to insert the plot and the characters!

That's the other thing I think will most likely be the end game, she's come out thinking maybe there's a way out of the mafia life, that there is truly something wonderful on the other side like Umbrella would want her to, but she becomes a tragic hero so to speak, and comes back to Vitale for a second chance because... "He's all the family I've ever known."

We know for a fact Vitale would take her in again once she's done realizing there's really... "no" way out of the Medici lifestyle, but, she's through seeing Vitale as the man she thought is worth her heart. Now, he's the man who's got her caged like a canary. It doesn't stop her hope for the kids outside the mafia life, but sure has left her aching and tired from everything as a dramatic finale that really takes the cake of making her as she pretty much is: A tragic heroine. It would really give her perspective on the Medici a lot more wise than as she has it now, so to speak..!
Oh man, what a bittersweet ending. She may be welcomed back to the home she ran away from for good reason, but she knows the truth now, and that's going to haunt her forever, until Skullgirls 2 anyways!(mikeplz)

Oh man, what a bittersweet ending. She may be welcomed back to the home she ran away from for good reason, but she knows the truth now, and that's going to haunt her forever, until Skullgirls 2 anyways!(mikeplz)
Right-io! It's meant to make the audience want to cheer for her even more when you realize just how much damage she's going to go through until SG2! (Honestly Mike, please, I need to do more than just write an entire essay on why Beowulf is actually more than just a hype man and on the inside he's hurting after Grendel's death. Please, please just give us more content. Pfft)

Tonight I've got Squigly in mind to do, so keep your eyes peeled for one of the best girls to have her own segment!

Right-io! It's meant to make the audience want to cheer for her even more when you realize just how much damage she's going to go through until SG2! (Honestly Mike, please, I need to do more than just write an entire essay on why Beowulf is actually more than just a hype man and on the inside he's hurting after Grendel's death. Please, please just give us more content. Pfft)

Tonight I've got Squigly in mind to do, so keep your eyes peeled for one of the best girls to have her own segment!
Yoooooo, it's time for bestest girl!
I'm definitely keeping my eye on that!
(sg2confirmdguizmikeplzgetonitiwouldntmindifitsjustsquigly)

Also, not sure if this is gonna be data friendly, but I'm hoping to post a doodle or two when I get time tonight before I tackle Squigg's story segment!

tumblr_ouciufCqiB1tnorzno1_1280.jpg

And here's that doodle I was talking about! It's nothing too fancy, but I just thought it should be something great to have in case of anything!

Reactions: SoulDragon66
tumblr_ouciufCqiB1tnorzno1_1280.jpg

And here's that doodle I was talking about! It's nothing too fancy, but I just thought it should be something great to have in case of anything!
Yo yo yo yo, hold up.
This is amazing! Did you use a tablet?
The art style is nearly perfect for a title card for an episode!(unless the official artists can do better)

Ah, on my art tablet, actually! I usually sketch first and then scan and hit it up there!

But this time was a full on sketch on my Wacom!
Oh..because I think you used shading around the characters on accident then...or Maybe not...but still....* slow claps* this is amazing stuff...

Yo yo yo yo, hold up.
This is amazing! Did you use a tablet?
The art style is nearly perfect for a title card for an episode!(unless the official artists can do better)
Oh! Shucks, dude!!! I'm sorta a hobby artist so, most of the work I've done sorta... Well, I always just thought it wasn't much to really think on, y'know?
But sheesh! I tried taking a page or two out of the official art for Bella and Umbrella so I could doodle how they'd pose!
Oh..because I think you used shading around the characters on accident then...or Maybe not...but still....* slow claps* this is amazing stuff...
Oh, that! I thought for the title card, may as well make it look like an old weathered poster you'd see about on the street long after you saw the hype died down so instead of a white background I shaded it down with some grey from the watercolor paint tool to make it seem creased!

Thanks so much you guys!!!

Oh! Shucks, dude!!! I'm sorta a hobby artist so, most of the work I've done sorta... Well, I always just thought it wasn't much to really think on, y'know?
But sheesh! I tried taking a page or two out of the official art for Bella and Umbrella so I could doodle how they'd pose!

Oh, that! I thought for the title card, may as well make it look like an old weathered poster you'd see about on the street long after you saw the hype died down so instead of a white background I shaded it down with some grey from the watercolor paint tool to make it seem creased!

Thanks so much you guys!!!
Have some confidence, man!
I can only draw stickmen, think about that for a second.

Reactions: Wulfden
Have some confidence, man!
I can only draw stickmen, think about that for a second.
Ah! Will do! Honestly, it was mainly hard keeping the confidence up because I was just so self conscious! Pretty silly thing to do, but, it's just first time jitters!

Ah! Will do! Honestly, it was mainly hard keeping the confidence up because I was just so self conscious! Pretty silly thing to do, but, it's just first time jitters!
I do suppose not being confident like that seems natural.
It's okay though! We all go through that phase sometimes.

Reactions: Wulfden
That happens every time I do something...like every time....I think I need help....
You'd get past that problem at some point.
I got past mine when I did some soul searching during my high school days.

I do suppose not being confident like that seems natural.
It's okay though! We all go through that phase sometimes.
Heh, honestly, with that in mind, there's nothing I can't do, I guess...!

I'm taking the words to heart, seriously, I'm just so proud of how far we all got that, man, it almost feels real, you know?

Heh, honestly, with that in mind, there's nothing I can't do, I guess...!

I'm taking the words to heart, seriously, I'm just so proud of how far we all got that, man, it almost feels real, you know?
Maybe the true Skullgirls 2, is the friendship we made along the way!
*cue some anime theme or something musical*

But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to your idea on Squigly's part.
You can make me wait for as long as you want, as long as it's Squigly related.

Maybe the true Skullgirls 2, is the friendship we made along the way!
*cue some anime theme or something musical*

But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to your idea on Squigly's part.
You can make me wait for as long as you want, as long as it's Squigly related.
Kay, so, can you guess what time is it... @brassknux ? That's right, it's Squigly's time to shine...!

So, considering the fact that the show is comprised of skits and segments, what better way to bring up the best girl than in her dreams? Now, now, lemme be honest, best girl is always Squigly for me because she got me into SG long before and I was a Squigs main before Beowulf came in and he is who I aspire to be today (lol) but, best girl deserves best treatment™. Since Squig's is still technically asleep before she arises due to Marie's influence, I thought the best way to give her a segment is to enter her dreamscape and see exactly what Squigly dreams of.

You could call it... "Do corpses dream of Undead Sheep?"

So, the first skit would likely involve introducing Squigly as a whole, "The pride of the Contiello family, and a princess in her own right, the songstress awaits her encore, sleeping in the casket of foggy memories... And dreams of a whole world all dressed in black..."

She's in her casket, with Leviathan at her side, before it delves into her mind and you're taken to how Squigly dreams of the world, still in Black and White for the aesthetic of things, with the world all brand spanking old like the way way ancient Mickey Mouse cartoons with the flowers cheerfully whistling and you knew it was the time for swing music, but she sees it as beautiful and truly exciting. She picks black roses and cuts them because "the thorns weren't growing in yet!", she gleefully waters coffin beds, where men and women arise and they curtsy, before grabbing each other and dancing while she skips along happily into goodness knows where. She's not dead in her dreams, in fact, she's alive and she's with color before everything she touches comes to life just like her! She comes to forests, and sings as the birds flutter onto her shoulders, snakes bounce their head to her tune before she scratches their chin and goes on her way, the animals and people following behind her while they all sing the same song,

She makes her way home, and Leviathan greets her as she walks into her big mansion, her best companion, singing with her as he asks her day, and she waves at everyone goodbye as they all go home humming her tunes. She's very much alive, happy, and going to her room with Lev on her neck picking clothes out for the "big dance" her parents are throwing, she can't help but be excited, she's so interested in the dances, in the way people move, she knows she's gonna sing her heart out, but she can't wait to see the looks of the people when the Contiello family shows why they're the most famous opera singers of all Meridian!

"What would you wear, milady?"
"The sun! It's so wonderful, I thought he'd lend me his rays!"
"And what would the moon say?"
"Oh, I'm sure she wouldn't mind! She has a spotlight!"

"And the car?"

"Ready an-- The car!" And tossing on her yellow dress (which, for the sake of it, still has a smiling skull) she's taken to the event by her parents who are smiling and ready for a night on the town, and when they make it? Everyone is enjoying the night, she sings her tune on stage, Leviathan around her neck not even worried about what others might think, and the crowd is in on it!

"Sienna! Sienna! Encore!"

That joyous tune becomes her pride, until someone spills their drink all over her dress and Squig's night out is ruined...

Only for the crowd to pull her over, and pull a gorgeous dress seemingly out of nowhere, just for her, all the men and women and animals all fluttering around her, giving her a whole custom made dress! Call it a fairy godmother effect, but Squigly honestly would roll with it, take it in stride as the music begins to play, and she realizes just how fun it is being herself amongst people!

The very same night, she comes to bed, with her parents at her side telling her how simply wonderful her performance was, and Leviathan slithering up to curl himself on her bed end to watch over Squigly while she's sleeping, and she could just barely hear her mother whisper,

"I'll always love you, my Sienna..."

The dream ends, and in that very coffin, that slowly begins to shift ever so slightly, Squigly's sewn mouth begins to curl into a small little smile. Her thoughts happy, and her song drifting in and out of her dreams for a first idea.

Squigs definitely would be born at the time the old timey cartoons were a thing, so, the best way to put that in, is to have her segments usually completely in that! There'd definitely be other things, like her and Lev discovering ancient artifacts, or going around the town helping people before coming home and going back to rest... As she slowly starts to wake up due to the Skull girl coming into power.

I'd like to spitball that every little segment has a new little song she sings, but honestly, I think the idea that Squigly goes around enjoying life to the fullest the way she would alive, is frankly a lovely idea in itself to get an idea of her! Rampaging "monster"? Kiss it on the cheek and give it a stern talking to. Snakes escaped the zoo? More friendly noodles! The mayor is in trouble and Princess Parasoul can't go alone since she's "so small"? No worries, New Meridian! Sienna Contiello is on the case!

Last edited:
Kay, so, can you guess what time is it... @brassknux ? That's right, it's Squigly's time to shine...!

So, considering the fact that the show is comprised of skits and segments, what better way to bring up the best girl than in her dreams? Now, now, lemme be honest, best girl is always Squigly for me because she got me into SG long before and I was a Squigs main before Beowulf came in and he is who I aspire to be today (lol) but, best girl deserves best treatment™. Since Squig's is still technically asleep before she arises due to Marie's influence, I thought the best way to give her a segment is to enter her dreamscape and see exactly what Squigly dreams of.

You could call it... "Do corpses dream of Undead Sheep?"

So, the first skit would likely involve introducing Squigly as a whole, "The pride of the Contiello family, and a princess in her own right, the songstress awaits her encore, sleeping in the casket of foggy memories... And dreams of a whole world all dressed in black..."

She's in her casket, with Leviathan at her side, before it delves into her mind and you're taken to how Squigly dreams of the world, still in Black and White for the aesthetic of things, with the world all brand spanking old like the way way ancient Mickey Mouse cartoons with the flowers cheerfully whistling and you knew it was the time for swing music, but she sees it as beautiful and truly exciting. She picks black roses and cuts them because "the thorns weren't growing in yet!", she gleefully waters coffin beds, where men and women arise and they curtsy, before grabbing each other and dancing while she skips along happily into goodness knows where. She's not dead in her dreams, in fact, she's alive and she's with color before everything she touches comes to life just like her! She comes to forests, and sings as the birds flutter onto her shoulders, snakes bounce their head to her tune before she scratches their chin and goes on her way, the animals and people following behind her while they all sing the same song,

She makes her way home, and Leviathan greets her as she walks into her big mansion, her best companion, singing with her as he asks her day, and she waves at everyone goodbye as they all go home humming her tunes. She's very much alive, happy, and going to her room with Lev on her neck picking clothes out for the "big dance" her parents are throwing, she can't help but be excited, she's so interested in the dances, in the way people move, she knows she's gonna sing her heart out, but she can't wait to see the looks of the people when the Contiello family shows why they're the most famous opera singers of all Meridian!

"What would you wear, milady?"
"The sun! It's so wonderful, I thought he'd lend me his rays!"
"And what would the moon say?"
"Oh, I'm sure she wouldn't mind! She has a spotlight!"

"And the car?"

"Ready an-- The car!" And tossing on her yellow dress (which, for the sake of it, still has a smiling skull) she's taken to the event by her parents who are smiling and ready for a night on the town, and when they make it? Everyone is enjoying the night, she sings her tune on stage, Leviathan around her neck not even worried about what others might think, and the crowd is in on it!

"Sienna! Sienna! Encore!"

That joyous tune becomes her pride, until someone spills their drink all over her dress and Squig's night out is ruined...

Only for the crowd to pull her over, and pull a gorgeous dress seemingly out of nowhere, just for her, all the men and women and animals all fluttering around her, giving her a whole custom made dress! Call it a fairy godmother effect, but Squigly honestly would roll with it, take it in stride as the music begins to play, and she realizes just how fun it is being herself amongst people!

The very same night, she comes to bed, with her parents at her side telling her how simply wonderful her performance was, and Leviathan slithering up to curl himself on her bed end to watch over Squigly while she's sleeping, and she could just barely hear her mother whisper,

"I'll always love you, my Sienna..."

The dream ends, and in that very coffin, that slowly begins to shift ever so slightly, Squigly's sewn mouth begins to curl into a small little smile. Her thoughts happy, and her song drifting in and out of her dreams for a first idea.

Squigs definitely would be born at the time the old timey cartoons were a thing, so, the best way to put that in, is to have her segments usually completely in that! There'd definitely be other things, like her and Lev discovering ancient artifacts, or going around the town helping people before coming home and going back to rest... As she slowly starts to wake up due to the Skull girl coming into power.
YOOOOOOOOOO-
*intermission*

I- I'm not crying am I? These aren't tears, yeah they're no-

*intermission*

Now that that's out of the way....
10/10 idea. It has Squigly.

(In all seriousness, I like the dreamscape idea since babysitter Double is still keeping Bloody "Edgy" Marie in her room, meaning she's still not using her powers to raise the dead, unless it's automatic? I don't know anymore.)

YOOOOOOOOOO-
*intermission*

I- I'm not crying am I? These aren't tears, yeah they're no-

*intermission*

Now that that's out of the way....
10/10 idea. It has Squigly.

(In all seriousness, I like the dreamscape idea since babysitter Double is still keeping Bloody "Edgy" Marie in her room, meaning she's still not using her powers to raise the dead, unless it's automatic? I don't know anymore.)
*Sniffs* I told you, best girl deserves best skit tbh *Sniffs* This... Is my tribute to her...

Pfft, but honestly, thanks! I think it'd also be a great way to hint at some stuff that Squig's might have seen unconsciously, like the discrimination against parasites? People walk around with them without fear, and Leviathan need no longer hide. Parasoul being younger and has her father in charge? Squigly personally visits to chat with the Renoirs over tea because she'd like to ask about how the government works and honestly???

I like to think that Squigly loves the little things in life because it's what makes life, in her idea, worth living. That sound you hear when you get mail? Relaxing. The soft taste of tea? Divine. The warm scent of incense? Perfection.

And like, honestly, babysitter Double keeping Marie in her room means no powers, and no raising the dead until she charges up and it becomes automatic. It however, would likely cause Squigly's conscience to arise and let her dream instead of just sleeping all the time!