• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

choriflancito

Reaction score
Hey, I've been thinking for some time that some PAs have some flaws or could be improved somehow. I don't mean to buff every PA to be about the same strength, SAs and MAs are not designed that way and I'm ok with that; this post is just a proposal to make some PAs more consistent or fix some flaws. I don't intend to make more defense oriented PAs better for offense, or viceversa.
I'll be adding an explanation in case you feel like reading my rambling, but really feel free to just say whatever just by reading the changes. Also, it's pretty obvious but the color coding is green for buffs, red for nerfs and blue for just changes and values with "/" represent min/max numbers.

Double: Double Jeopardy

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Double transmutes to the current most advantageous element and the effects of Double's ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE are increased by 40/80%.

Double's most defining trait is RNG, and I do like that; but we all know RNG can make the most crazy stuff (like a 100% ATK bonus!) unrealiable and so, not that desirable. The idea with this change is immediately make the character more consistent with a single duplicate, putting a cap to how many rolls you must do to get the desired ELEMENT, which is key for many of Double's SAs, and then not have the PA be an immediate double damage. I even think 30/60% bonus could be fair, given the new consistent way to actually get the bonus.

OTHER IDEAS:

NEW CHARGE RATE: 17% per TRANSMUTATION

This would further improve the consistency of Double, reducing the time needed to get to the desired element. Again, this buff implies the need to nerf the bonus ATK. But Double's ATK was never a problem, right?

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Double transmutes to the current most advantageous element and gains 5 stacks of REGEN and 2 RANDOM BUFFS for 4/10 seconds.

A new, crazier PA, although my main point is Double's PA could be a way to fix the character's flaw so this is just an alternative. The idea behind the regen stacks is to make up for the time and HP spent to get the desired element, while the bonus buffs are there to emphasize on Double's RNG trait. Could also be 3 REGEN + ENRAGE stacks for a longer period.

Eliza: Feast and Famine

NEW CHARGE RATE: 20% per ENTRY.

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Eliza gains a a 5/15% chance on each NON-BLOCKBUSTER HIT in SEKHMET MODE (not including blocked hits) to CLEANSE the opponent's BUFFS and gain 10% HEALTH.

Does Eliza need a buff? No. But we still want MAs and PAs to not feel pointless, don't we? I've come up with this PA because I think it's pretty much the same idea the devs have which is not buffing Eliza with it, but rather present an alternate playstyle for her with Sekhmet on, which I think is really clever. And I think the flaw with the current PA is it's just not as good as having Chaos Banish and the rest of Eliza's kit, so maybe a cleanse with lower chance and higher regen could be more viable. The nerfs are to not make it busted, and a 20% charge rate means using a 3-chain of Sekhmet BBs twice means getting the prestige for the last use.

OTHER IDEAS:

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Each NON-BLOCKBUSTER HIT in SEKHMET MODE (including blocked hits) regains 10/30% of the damage inflicted as HEALTH and has a 15/30% to REMOVE 1 opponent BUFF.

Takes inspiration from Diva's SA and maybe a Kevin Pepino video? Credits to him, maybe, I don't remember. But again, the idea is to present an alternate playstyle that is not straight up inferior to the normal. Also, 5% chance on the first duplicate is too low in my opinion.

Filia: Bob and Weave

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Filia gains PERMANENT EVASION for 2 seconds when EVADING an attack and has a 50/100% chance to inflict DEATH MARK for 5 seconds when HITTING an attacking opponent.

I think Filia's PA is fine as is, except for the projectile evasion thing. We mostly agree it's quite pointless, so I came up with this new little addition that could emphasize and improve the hit and run nature of Filia's gameplan and PA.

Peacock: Manic Munitions

NEW CHARGE RATE: 8% per SPECIAL MOVE

Of course Peacock's defining trait is spamming projectiles, so the current charge rate, which depends on it, makes sense. But I think it's very flawed in that if you wanna make use of it, you get it very quick by using Argus Agony, and very slow if you don't. Peacock's MA relies on special moves anyway, so I don't think this disrupts the character's design at all.

OTHER IDEAS:

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT: Peacock has a 25/50% chance to gain 1 stack of ENRAGE for 5 seconds, HASTE for 5 seconds, or PRECISION when using a SPECIAL MOVE or BLOCKBUSTER.

I don't think Peacock's PA needs a buff on top of the above mentioned, but this is just a small change that's more symbolic, just to not make Peacock so special-centric and incenstivize BB spam as well.

Umbrella: Gut Reaction

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT (Hunger gauge will lower by one bar): Umbrella gains 5/10% HEALTH and inflicts SLIME for 10/15 seconds when HITTING an attacking opponent.

I think 5% is far too low a reward for intercepting if the point is gaining health back, so here's a simple change. Not much more to say.

OTHER IDEAS:

NEW ACTIVATION EFFECT (Hunger gauge will lower by one bar): Umbrella gains 5/15% HEALTH and inflicts 2 stacks of SLIME for 5 seconds when HITTING an attacking opponent.

A similar, but I'd say stronger version of the PA that emphasizes more on the regeneration aspect of it, while the shorter, but doubled SLIME can come in handy for the combo that comes with the intercept. Let's remember a single stack of SLIME has half the effect as the previous update.

IN CONCLUSION

As you can see, the general intention with these changes is solving particular flaws or pointless benefits that some PA have while maintaining, or even emphasizing on the character's own traits, which I consider really important. I tried to be creative while being realistic and not brainstorming stuff that's far too complex or does not fit in the game's design.
Hope you had fun reading this, and do leave whatever critique you have about any of it! :)

P.D.: shoutout to ZeoW's idea for a new charge rate for Big Band's PA in this post: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/buff-to-big-bands-kit.18950/ . I like the activation effect as it is now, although maybe with a guaranteed enrage and a 50% unblockable chance, but I sure think the current charge method makes it useless for defense. On the character that's supposed to be the tank. Yeah.

Last edited:
filia one won't be balanced unless the permanent evasion is like 1 or 2 stacks that go away after dodging a hit like snakebites signature.

i think peacock could definitely use an update to her prestige for sure.
i honestly don't even notice peacocks prestiges because of how hard it is to gain activation charges with her regular specials.
spamming argus agony a blockbuster to gain max activation charge definitely doesn't seem right at all.
honestly the rng nature of it already is a huge turnoff surprised she doesn't get bleed/heavy bleed on hit also like with her rift exclusive character catalyst.

i'll be honest i'd be happy if they just scrapped everything else and made her pa give her projectiles something like 25-50% chance for bleed/heal block on hit and called it a day that'd be way more useful then whatever it does now.
also the haste buff is kinda weird for a fighter who spams specials maybe she should gain some unique variant of haste that affects specials and lowers tag out timer exclusive for peacock?;could also be a good idea for a future buff for a new fighter.

gonna disagree with you with the double change.
i don't feel its necessary at all and her prestige is already good enough as it is.

Last edited:
filia one won't be balanced unless the permanent evasion is like 1 or 2 stacks that go away after dodging a hit like snakebites signature.

i think peacock could definitely use an update to her prestige for sure.
i honestly don't even notice peacocks prestiges because of how hard it is to gain activation charges with her regular specials.
spamming argus agony a blockbuster to gain max activation charge definitely doesn't seem right at all.
honestly the rng nature of it already is a huge turnoff surprised she doesn't get bleed/heavy bleed on hit also like with her rift exclusive character catalyst.

i'll be honest i'd be happy if they just scrapped everything else and made her pa give her projectiles something like 25-50% chance for bleed/heal block on hit and called it a day that'd be way more useful then whatever it does now.
also the haste buff is kinda weird for a fighter who spams specials maybe she should gain some unique variant of haste that affects specials and lowers tag out timer exclusive for peacock?;could also be a good idea for a future buff for a new fighter.

gonna disagree with you with the double change.
i don't feel its necessary at all and her prestige is already good enough as it is.
Filia's effect is permanent evasion for 2 seconds, just in case. The idea is to backdash, then go in again. But maybe a stack of normal evasion, or 2 short ones woulb be better. Maybe a permanent 1 second evasion?
About Double, yeah I dont think it's necessary for her to have a better PA, I just think Double as a character is inconsistent and thought of a way to fix that with a slight addition to the PA effect.
And honestly about Peacock's, I'm not all that sure about the strength of the current one. I haven't got any of mine close to max level, but I don't think it's that bad. Your alternatives do sound cool, I'd say I'd like more a wither instead of bleed, as counter BB's are stressful when spamming moves, which is what the game tries to incentivize with the PA, clearly.
Btw, my guess is the haste is there because it's a single stack that's powerful by itself, enables more BB spamming along specials and allows for the other 2 buffs to be stacked. Maybe having two single stack buffs and one that gets stacked, either precision or enrage could be better tho. I'd then lean towards precision, because you could make the AI block until you get a hit and hit hard with it.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Filia's effect is permanent evasion for 2 seconds, just in case. The idea is to backdash, then go in again. But maybe a stack of normal evasion, or 2 short ones woulb be better. Maybe a permanent 1 second evasion?
About Double, yeah I dont think it's necessary for her to have a better PA, I just think Double as a character is inconsistent and thought of a way to fix that with a slight addition to the PA effect.
And honestly about Peacock's, I'm not all that sure about the strength of the current one. I haven't got any of mine close to max level, but I don't think it's that bad. Your alternatives do sound cool, I'd say I'd like more a wither instead of bleed, as counter BB's are stressful when spamming moves, which is what the game tries to incentivize with the PA, clearly.
Btw, my guess is the haste is there because it's a single stack that's powerful by itself, enables more BB spamming along specials and allows for the other 2 buffs to be stacked. Maybe having two single stack buffs and one that gets stacked, either precision or enrage could be better tho. I'd then lean towards precision, because you could make the AI block until you get a hit and hit hard with it.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
if it was possible to code so the full evasion lasts only while moving backwards and disappears moment she moves forwards maybe also shorten it to 1.5 or 1 or even .75 seconds maybe but that'd be alot of work just to make a unique gimmick for one fighter.
thats why i was thinking making it just a mini snakebite dodge would be just as useful and if not more valuable then what it currently does now and probably less as overbearing compared to your proposal and easier to balance.
full evade is going to be broken if its duration based without restrictions lets be honest unless its super short duration but at that point its basically all but invincible and unflinching in name.

Also I don't really hate the haste i just find it strange why peacocks pa is so lackluster.
For me it seems the biggest issue with her pa is consistency and reliability.
I think rng/random effects would've fitted more with double as a prestige instead of peacock.

something like her projectiles have 100% debuff accuracy and ignore unflinching when her prestige is activated and she gets a unique variant of haste that reduces specials cooldowns/tag out timer in addition to maybe 35% to 50% increased bb gain meter like half or less of normal haste buff in exchange for the other stuff and some bleed on hit for the projectiles and maybe healblock.
i'd be fine if the healblock was removed if thats too much;don't really care much for the precision but the enrage lost might matter;maybe give peacocks projectiles a minor armor ignore that's always active during prestige like deadeye but much weaker??

just throwing stuff at a wall here. honestly her enrage can be amazing since it amps all damage but its too rng-y right now and inconsistent and something like a prestige ability could be so much more then just a stat buff! (i definitely feel like the charge rate needs to be changed as it feels too low on her normal specials)

Again I think the main issue with peacocks prestige is the entire effect is rng-y and the effects are just dmg/stat buffs for the most part.
having some utility would probably be better being honest.
these are just some idea's i came up with on the spot I'd be open to anyone elses idea's too honestly as creativity isn't a one sided river ; I won't lie i'm probably biased and just wanted some heal/sustain counters in peacocks kit in addition to unflinching and unstoppable dashes counters.

I'll be honest there is definitely a pattern where the strongest prestige abilities aren't just flat damage buffs but utility based in skullgirls mobile.
i think this is why people love love things like valentines reanimator or robo fortunes prestige that can give completely different win con's and have substantial effects or miss fortunes where its not just some damage buff but guard break which creates openings for her and evasion which can save her life or demolish the enemy in clutch plays.

Last edited:
if it was possible to code so the full evasion lasts only while moving backwards and disappears moment she moves forwards maybe also shorten it to 1.5 or 1 or even .75 seconds maybe but that'd be alot of work just to make a unique gimmick for one fighter.
thats why i was thinking making it just a mini snakebite dodge would be just as useful and if not more valuable then what it currently does now and probably less as overbearing compared to your proposal and easier to balance.
full evade is going to be broken if its duration based without restrictions lets be honest unless its super short duration but at that point its basically all but invincible and unflinching in name.

Also I don't really hate the haste i just find it strange why peacocks pa is so lackluster.
For me it seems the biggest issue with her pa is consistency and reliability.
I think rng/random effects would've fitted more with double as a prestige instead of peacock.

something like her projectiles have 100% debuff accuracy and ignore unflinching when her prestige is activated and she gets a unique variant of haste that reduces specials cooldowns/tag out timer in addition to maybe 35% to 50% increased bb gain meter like half or less of normal haste buff in exchange for the other stuff and some bleed on hit for the projectiles and maybe healblock.
i'd be fine if the healblock was removed if thats too much;don't really care much for the precision but the enrage lost might matter;maybe give peacocks projectiles a minor armor ignore that's always active during prestige like deadeye but much weaker??

just throwing stuff at a wall here. honestly her enrage can be amazing since it amps all damage but its too rng-y right now and inconsistent and something like a prestige ability could be so much more then just a stat buff! (i definitely feel like the charge rate needs to be changed as it feels too low on her normal specials)

Again I think the main issue with peacocks prestige is the entire effect is rng-y and the effects are just dmg/stat buffs for the most part.
having some utility would probably be better being honest.
these are just some idea's i came up with on the spot I'd be open to anyone elses idea's too honestly as creativity isn't a one sided river ; I won't lie i'm probably biased and just wanted some heal/sustain counters in peacocks kit in addition to unflinching and unstoppable dashes counters.

I'll be honest there is definitely a pattern where the strongest prestige abilities aren't just flat damage buffs but utility based in skullgirls mobile.
i think this is why people love love things like valentines reanimator or robo fortunes prestige that can give completely different win con's and have substantial effects or miss fortunes where its not just some damage buff but guard break which creates openings for her and evasion which can save her life or demolish the enemy in clutch plays.
I also think Peacock's PA lacks in consistency, both the rate and effect. But I don't wanna give my opinion that much on the effect since I haven't been able to get a 50% chance, maxed PA on any. I thought maybe each special/projectile blocked could deplete a flat 5/10% meter on hit OR block, instead of inflicting wither, could be nice too. Maybe underwhelming if that's it, but maybe still better since it would make spamming MUCH more reliable, which is really what you want with her. Idk I feel Peacock is underwhelming overall without a Harlequinn support but that's another problem entirely lol.