• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.8 Update Notes (Live now!)

Prêmio para ganhar chave diamante no Top 11% - 30% achei um pouco exagerado, já que é MUITO fácil conseguir chega aí. Deveriam ser somente entre o Rank 1-10 (duas chaves de diamante) e Top 10% (uma chave de diamante). Entendo que é uma forma de facilitar a evolução dos personagens, mas o jogo também precisa de ganhos (R $) com quem compra ofertas oferecidas pelo jogo ... deixar fácil demais as vezes atrapalha desenvolvedores a se manter na plataforma. É só uma opinião.

while the prize fight changes look ok, you're considerably nerfing canopy gain by limiting players to one fight, along with fighter points and theonite also being lost. As a mid game player, this hurts as it is already very difficult to gain coins to actually improve fighters. I have plenty of golds sitting at lvl 50, and have been slowly investing in them. This is gonna make investing even slower than it already is. This will also decrease my time on this game, don't know about others, but I'd always spend 2-3 hours on two pfs and holodeck. This will probably cut my time in game in half.

Silver keys are also important as there are plenty of viable silver cards to use. Now I have to basically forget about getting these because I can only choose one fight. If you're going for the gold rewards you now have to depend on the cabinet for these keys, which is another nerf to currency as they're not cheap to keep buying over and over again. Or I can choose the silver keys and lose the better canopy gain.

I do not like the PF changes. Regardless of the intent, players will be losing a lot of currency gain in return making growth slower which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. Yeah, it will be easier for people to gain cards, but they're losing currency to invest in them when it was already difficult to gain coins once you crack lvl 70.

Filia changes look good, especially the change to French Twist FINALLY being safe on hit. I hope you go through the roster and change similar things like this. Example being Peacock who's Bang Bang is unsafe on hit when close up, and Argus being unsafe on hit in the corner because it doesn't knockdown on grounded opponents. Also Valentine dash attack low profiling needs to be changed. She cannot be intercepted by a lot of the cast because their attacks whiff over her dash-in swipe. While we're on the subject, can we please buff Lonesome Lenny? That bb is so bad. Doesn't make sense how Ms Fortune can hit her head with all of her attacks, and you can only hit Lenny with basic attacks. Lenny is useless and has been for quite some time.

I really hope you reconsider the PF changes, the currency nerf from only being able to choose 1 is a MASSIVE blow.

Last edited:
Thanks for continuing to work on improving the game! It is awesome and I love 99% of what is in this patch, so I will address the only concern I have.

I can see some of the reasoning for making prizefights exclusive, but I think this will be a detriment to newer players as well. All players who have played up to this point, who are already miles ahead in the resource grind, were able to complete all difficulties of prizefights for extra skill points, canopy coins, moves, theonite, keys, skill points, and characters. Now the option to scratch milestone rewards for newer players will be gone, putting them at an overall resource disadvantage.

I think a good middle-ground solution would be making ONLY gold and diamond prizefights exclusive, and leaving the bronze/silver difficulties unhinged. This would still have the desired effects on gold and diamond prizefights, and would not take away one of the best farming methods for all players.

Thanks again for all the hard work, very excited to see how everything pans out.
My thoughts exactly and your idea is very good.

So many amazing changes in this update!

Making us choose ONE prize fight tier to participate in is a good step towards lowering prize fight scores, and also a step towards making us grind less.

I would like to see something similar with Daily Events to make them less grindy, but maybe with coin/move rewards adjusted to take into account we can't complete all difficulties anymore

Like a lot of others, I'm digging most of the update. The filia upgrade is amazing, I love seeing characters get reworked. I love the fact that holo will be more accessible to people under-powered..but I'm assuming you knew making prize fights exclusive would upset people though..so maybe it won't be as bad as we think. Kinda wish you'd show the milestone rewards too, but that will be known within a few hours or less (hopefully less, but I know your updates take some time lol).
Kinda bummed we aren't seeing diamond shards, but I understand why not. We are getting a full gold character and a half of another, so that eases the pain of having to choose one prize fight over another.

Maybe we can look at allowing folks to grind the milestones but not actually participate in the prize fight if we lock into one to compete in but want the resources from another. Feel like that would help solve most of the problems people will have.
Still sucks seeing keys, characters for fodder and moves being lost...and it sucks knowing your hard work that went into silvers and bronzes will almost be moot, once you complete story content requiring them.

Many mixed emotions about this update, for sure.

Prêmio para ganhar chave diamante no Top 11% - 30% achei um pouco exagerado, já que é MUITO fácil conseguir chega aí. Deveriam ser somente entre o Rank 1-10 (duas chaves de diamante) e Top 10% (uma chave de diamante). Entendo que é uma forma de facilitar a evolução dos personagens, mas o jogo também precisa de ganhos (R $) com quem compra ofertas oferecidas pelo jogo ... deixar fácil demais as vezes atrapalha desenvolvedores a se manter na plataforma. É só uma opinião.
O Dólar está mais de R$5, exceto que tu seja muito rico é inviável para qualquer brasileiro comprar alguma coisa em jogos estrangeiros.

my favorite mobile game getting better and better
There is only one thing that I would like to improve in the next updates and it is the multiplayer online that there are prizes or even ranks

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Big thanks for all your hard work. It's awesomeness exemplified.

The Good: Dia PF with Dia Key rewards. Woohoo!! 😎

The Bad: No mention of increasing max move capacity (hope I'm wrong). Micro managing space is a chore given the increasing roster. Boohoo!! 😠

The Ugly: Waiting for the Dupe character use reveal for even longer. It sounds great, it's sure to be even better than we hope for and.... its not here. 😶

I'm being a bit picky perhaps.

Don't forget to add a mirror mode with fights in right to left orientation for double the fun 😜. Oh, and new fighters. We love new fighters.

Cheers
Cod

Reactions: rexturtle1120
So, farming theonite will harder and slower.
Before update I could farm approx. 570-600 theonite per week.
It was:
1) Daily tasks for theonite, e.g., win 5 battles or win 10 battles with Parasoul. Daily it is ~35 theonite, weekly ~35x7=245 theonite
2) Hero events twice a week. Every event had bronze, silver and gold parts, and from each of them I can earn 5+10+10+15+15=55 theonite, weekly 55x6=330 theonite (2 events per week and 3 variants in event).
3) Very rarely - prize 15 theonite in 15 min hero tasks
So, 245+330=570
In new patch I will have only 110 theonite instead of 330)

Also, in XP daily event i think it will be reasonable to make a prize - little x2 XP (e.g., for 5 or 15 min)

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble downloading the update?

Well, I'm a bit late to the party... Here are my thanks to the Devs, thoughts, and a pinch of salt.

* Filia upgrades - wonderful! I was waiting for Widow's Peak bouncing the opponent for so long, not I can finally use some perfectly rolled ones! Air Hairball is also great, keep doing this, please (Beo's Blitzer anyone?)!

* Holodeck difficulties - very good, thank you on behalf of all those beginners who do not have a great carry Fighter yet but want to boost their collection! Plus, gives some more XP to the ones who like to grind the last drop out of the game.

* Diamond PFs - very good. The idea was around for a looooooong time, I remember participating in at least three threads about it. More challenging modifiers, quicker path to fighting strong opponents, improved rewards - almost everything I wished for. I hoped to get like 25 Dia shards instead of 500 Gold ones, so that the PF could compete with Rifts more in terms of rewards. Or to have a Character-specific Legendary Relic as a prize, not a fixed variant, especially not the same one as in Gold PF.

* Mutually Exclusive Difficulties - controversial... Pretty controversial. Just to mention, as far as I know, I myself was the first person here on forums to propose the idea of choosing between difficulties in an exclusive way. And I am genuinely happy to see that I was not the only one to share this idea,! But I imagined that there would be a choice between Gold and Diamond, not between Diamond and Bronze... Let me elucidate a bit:

The Theonite rewards from one Dia PF are less than from three old PFs combined - it's ok. Increased Coins and Moves rewards plus Gold shards make up for it. Same Gold variant as in Gold PF - nothing lost. But now I am not sure how should I hunt good Silver variants... Let's say that I want a shiny Rusty (I REALLY DOOOOO!!!!). Previously I could just get to some reasonable checkpoints in Bronze and Silver PFs to secure a 31-60% place and then switch to Gold. In the end I get my regular Gold PF profit and two additional Rusties while not really affecting the high score situations in Bronze and Silver PFs. During Double PF, I do not even try to go beyond 11-30% place in Gold one ( I have loads of Immorals), I focus on getting two Doubliciouses hoping to pull a Shiny one....

But now, I just can't do this anymore. No, I mean I can choose Silver and play SIlver only. But now losing all those huge checkpoint rewards from Diamond PF just makes it a very, VERY stupid decision! I can't picture myself doing a Silver PF now, and that actually means losing fun of grinding for a specific Fighter. And at this exact point, such drastic loss of profit happening when you choose Silver PF instead of Diamond 100% outweights the loss of fun. Not good. Not good at all.

I have a couple of ideas about how this can be changed. I'll let them ripen a bit and then make a thread about it. Maybe we'll have a good discussion there. Or maybe I'll be told that I am a stupid moron and should never appear here again... Who knows?

Anyway, dear Devs, thank you so much for what you are doing! I've been around for 3 years, and you still manage to keep me playing and not getting bored. Bravo! I bow to you and eagerly wait for new things to come!

Last edited:
So the mileage rewards for diamond PF is very generous and I’m also okay that it’s not the same as the other three tiers combined because the additional gold character shards and diamond key makes up for it.

Change isn’t always easy to accept, but it’s helpful to focus on what we are gaining rather than being stuck on what we are losing.

Ad for the mutually exclusive debate that’s been going on here, so far the best suggestion IMO is doing that for gold and diamond only. I can see that mid-level only players will still need to earn bronze and silver keys for their progression, and missing out on those hurt those players in a way, even though they are more likely to get the top10% reward for gold PF now.

Two more ideas. First, revamp the mileage rewards for bronze, silver, and gold PFs so they also include things from the lower tiers. For example, gold PF should give out silver keys and a silver character as part of mileage rewards.

Second idea. More and more games now have this “choose your rewards” design where at each mileage the player can choose what rewards to redeem. You can can choose to have A, B, or C. Let’s say A focused on expanding character collection, B focuses on strengthening existing collection, and C is a hybrid of both. This would empower the players and let them work towards the goals they set based on their needs.

First off, thank you all for working so hard to keep the game growing and having a connection with us players.
I'm sure that as time goes on if any concerns or issues pop up you all will address them as needed. I consider myself a mid game player. Up until 2 weeks ago I was able to put a few hours in a day. Now I roughly play 2 hours daily so I know that's a big factor in my personal progression. I knew having less time meant less progression but I enjoy so much about the game I just wanna play. Since that's happened I've hit a wall with keys of any rarity. With only being able to commit to one Pf, keys will be imaginary aside from rifts and the reward in the pf of choosing.
I think it's a great way to open up the higher tier rewards for the people who couldn't place 10% before and end game players have something new to challenge them. It also seems to limit how much of the game there is to play. example; If someone can only do silver pf and doesn't have many teams for a streak, once they run the out of energy with their fighters playing that mode is done for the time being. If said person has already done the daily missions up to the difficulty they can handle, that leaves story and origins. If story has been 100% up to the difficulty they can handle then rifts are the last option. Yeah energy refills fast but if someone has 2 teams for a streak above 16 that will go quick.
I like that holodeck is more accessible. I had came close to finishing a few times but still haven't, which is on my personal skill level cause many have said I should be able to clear it and accursed. I'm excited for what you all have planned.
I've never typed that much on anything (we didn't type in School when I graduated) and really hope the few that take the time to read all of it doesn't crucify me or make it a point to roast me. I don't normally play fighters and mobile games aren't my thing. SGM has changed that and as I've played the game learned that most of a games community can be positive and that there are developers who are passionate about their player base and interact for constructive criticism. Keep up the good work and thanks to anyone who took the time to read this essay.

The diamond prize fight was a lot fun! I feel like it fixes the issue players have for Holodeck being a once a day thing, I rarely use my xp boosters unless I'm REALLY grinding for xp in ae, hh, pf and peacock's boss node all at once until the boost expires. And with how easy it is to get to beefed up players, I can have a lot of xp in a less exhausting way. But as everyone else have said, I do agree that only making gold and diamond pfs being exclusive can be a healthier choice for new players that have a smaller, less upgraded collection.

Also, this is the cherry on top.IMG_20210707_042038.jpg

I like the idea of diamond prize fights, but it bothers me that there is no diamond fighter to play for in the diamond tier while every other tier gets its own fighter (i.e. top 10% of gold Eliza prize fight participants win the gold Diva Intervention).

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d like to try to win some diamond fighters in the prize fights and expand my collection.

Other than that issue, I’m excited about the updates and the future of Skullgirls!

I Just want to say thank you. The 4.8 update is really, really good. Excelent job people. Keep the good work and thanks for making such a wonderful game. Peace.

Hey everyone,

Update 4.8 has arrived!

We’re halfway through 2021 and this update is loaded with new features and enhancements as we continue working through our 2021 Roadmap plans! Let’s not waste more time with this intro - check out the new stuff below!

ZLPdy84.png

NEW ADDITIONS

PRIZE FIGHTS

Prize Fights will see some significant changes in 4.8, the most important being the introduction of Diamond Prize Fights and Mutual Difficulty Exclusivity.

Diamond Prize Fights

kPftzcH.png

As players’ skills and collections have grown, many players have requested that Prize Fights do the same. We’ve been listening! Starting with Eliza, every Character Prize Fight will now have a brand new Diamond difficulty. This means there are 15 new Prize Fights with devilish new Modifiers now in circulation for you to sink your teeth into.

i84Ew4S.png

These Diamond Prize Fights are designed with high level players in mind so there’s some important caveats that separate them from lower rated Prize Fights.

• Your Defense Teams need to be made up of Golds or Diamonds. This is both to make sure you’re a high enough leveled player to be able to compete in Diamond Prize Fights, and it makes sure all the teams you fight will have high Fighter Scores.

• There are no restrictions on what Fighters you can put on your Attack Teams. Have a lot of Bronze Fighters you want to level up quickly? Bring them along into your Diamond Prize Fight runs!

• You will encounter more powerful Defense Teams more quickly. In all Prize Fights, as your streak increases you will encounter more and more powerful enemy teams. The rate at which you encounter higher Fighter Score teams in Diamond PFs will be faster than in Gold PFs, letting you hit higher score thresholds faster!

• Milestone and Event Rewards are increased. Lots more Theonite, Canopy Coins and Skill Points are awarded for completing all Diamond Prize Fight Milestones. If you can rank high enough you’ll also earn Gold Fighters, Gold Relic Shards, and Diamond Keys!
U0Nbddk.png

Increased Viability of Gold Prize Fights for Mid Level Players

When Gold Prize Fights were first created, one of their main goals was to give all players a reliable way to earn their first Gold Fighters. As time has gone on, the points required to earn a Gold Fighter have climbed substantially. These high scoring requirements mean Gold Prize Fights are no longer serving their purpose as a gateway to Collection growth.

As such, the inclusion of this new tier of Prize Fight serves a dual purpose: to give end game players challenging new content, but also to lower the points required in Gold Prize Fights by encouraging high level players to try this more rewarding mode.

This leads us to...

Mutually Exclusive Prize Fight Difficulties

Starting in 4.8, you will no longer be able to enter all tiers of Prize Fight during a single event. When a Prize Fight begins you can choose either Bronze, Silver, Gold or Diamond. Once you have chosen a difficulty, you can only compete in that difficulty for the remainder of the event.

With so many Prize Fight difficulties to choose from now, we wanted to avoid spreading players too thinly between the modes. Also, one of the major contributors to unattainably high points in Prize Fights is high level players entering events not designed for them. With this new difficulty restriction expect the points required for Prize Fights to drop significantly!

To accommodate this change, and to generally clean up the Prize Fight menus, Character Prize Fight Difficulties are now shown on a single card. You can cycle between difficulties in the same way you would change difficulties in a Story Chapter. The card border will change color to make it clear what difficulty you’re about to enter.

kgcJrab.png

Due to some unavoidable timing with the planned release of 4.8, Eliza’s Prize Fight will start on Tuesday July 6th (once 4.8 Maintenance is complete) and finish on Saturday July 10th. This means it will overlap with Annie’s Prize Fight, which will start on Thursday July 8th as normal.

A bonus Medici Shakedown Prize Fight will run Monday-Tuesday to cover the time period where the Eliza Prize Fights would normally be available.

ZLPdy84.png

HOLODECK HAZARDS

vhPXjmb.png

Stanley’s improvements to Holodeck Hazards continue! Starting in 4.8 there will now be BASIC, ADVANCED, EXPERT and MASTER difficulties for Holodeck Hazards.

Now regardless of what level you are, you’ll be able to tackle this Daily Event for all that sweet, sweet XP.

A shark’s work is never done, so expect more upgrades to this mode in the future!

ZLPdy84.png

FILIA UPGRADES

In 4.7 we dipped our toe in improving older characters by enhancing Valentine’s Checkmate Incision. This time Filia has been given an upgrade and she’s got LOTS of new toys to play with!

Here are the full details of her adjustments:

• Tuned the hit reaction for the last hit of Gregor Samson. Gregor > Drill Tempered should now work against every character, whether on the ground or after a juggle.
  • Drillationship now causes knockback (like Fukua’s version).
  • Hairball can now be used in the air.
    • Remember, you will need to unlock Filia’s Advanced Juggle before you can use this!
  • Ringlet Spike now comes out one spike at a time, each time you tap the move (similar to Peacock’s “Bang! Bang! Bang!). The spikes now also stay on screen, even if used right in the corner.
  • Widow's Peak now causes floor bounce. The camera shake has also been reduced.
  • French Twist is now safe on hit.
These changes should make Filia a lot more fun to use, with LOTS of new combo routes available to her. We’re excited to see what you can come up with using these new abilities!

Stay tuned for more pre-existing character upgrades in future updates!

ZLPdy84.png

ECONOMY CHANGES

CoC ADJUSTMENTS
  • Prism Plumage has been added to the Trinkets tab of the Cabinet of Curiosities at a premium price.
ZLPdy84.png

OTHER CHANGES

MISC
  • Adjusted the color grading of NPCs on Soundstage 15.
  • Medici Tower now features animated neon signs and moving searchlights, including a new billboard teasing Umbrella’s Boardwalk stage.
  • Added new internal/external link functionality to the in-game mail. Look out for notifications for giveaways and other events on Twitch in the future!
  • Adjusted the filters in Team Select to not display Deployed Fighters when filtering by available Fighters.
  • Future Club’s logo has been added to the title screen.
mr3kwd4.png

FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where Miasma could errantly drain HP from Invincible opponents.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the Rift Battle tutorial
  • Fixed an issue where Filtering by Shiny Fighters would not display Shiny Fighters correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where Fighters currently on Deployments could be sacrificed.
lzWA0K1PlR_1nEpv15xsjmJ-UTVD6Y5uDKlCG0OqAXpleFY1T-g6iKFyRRJOwYTkodOIRWoENn3amtXs6ERMmUMyL7xnGKGUQIIOLo5dLpddd8O_O_LMML_qmE6DqtlhUzEoh52P

COMING SOON

NEW USES FOR DUPLICATE FIGHTERS

You’ll have to stay tuned for more details, but get ready for a new feature in an upcoming update that will give you another use for all those duplicate Fighters you have in your collections. Keep an eye on our social media pages for info!

An996pS.png

UMBRELLA

You may have heard that we’re working on another Brand New Character for Skullgirls Mobile and 2nd Encore. Umbrella still has a long way to go, but she is shaping up to be a wild addition to the cast! We’ll have more news to share about her very soon!

ZLPdy84.png

Leave a comment below if you have any questions, and let us know what you think of this update, and any features you want to see included in 4.9.

Also, keep an eye out on our social media accounts to stay up to date on new developments, giveaways and contests in the coming weeks!

As always, thanks so much for all your support!

- Hidden Variable
All these changes and add ons to the game are all excellent. I’m quite excited to see how things go, but like some people that have commented on here, no longer allowing players to play in all levels of prizefights seems limiting, and for people who don’t like playing rift, It’s gonna be harder to get keys for free basically (it’s limiting and slowing down the free theonite grind too) I know you can get them from COC, but still. I get why this was changed, but I’d like to see more ways to get keys if we as players can’t grind for all levels of keys on prizefights anymore if this is gonna be permanent. Looking forward to the next update though!