1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Fights New Character PF Tier

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Graydiance, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Would you like to see a higher prize fight tier than gold?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No

23.5%
  1. Graydiance

Graydiance New Member

Hello dear readers,

I was thinking about a new character prize fight tier. As of now we have Bronze, Silver and Gold. The Tier I would like to suggest would be Diamond, it would have a new modifier, restrictions to only use diamonds and the rewards for milestones would be theo, coins, skill points and a character relic on the last milestone. The top 100-61% reward could be 20 diamond shards and a gold move, 60-31% could be 40 diamond shards, two moves and sp, top 30-11% could be 60 diamond shards, three moves and sp. Top 10% gets 80 diamond shards, three moves, sp and a character relic, and the actual top 10 gets 100 diamond shards, four moves, sp and a character relic. Another reward that could be added to the reward tiers are diamond key shards, 10 shards make a key and the top 11-30% gets one shard, top 10% gets two and the actual top 10 gets three.

Tell me what you think about this suggestion!

Cheers
    Graydiance

InfernoBunny, eray94 and Dusty00 like this.
  2. Dusty00

Dusty00 Active Member

Great suggestions. PF structure needs an overhaul as the milestones and rewards are embarrassingly outdated from pre-diamond times.

Key shards itself is an interesting concept - but I think what we really need is a system to transmute keys - combine 10 or 20 gold keys for a diamond, and break diamonds into 5-10 gold keys.

Also, I think it would work better if Golds are allowed so those without diamonds can break into this tier. It would be similar to how we can use silvers for Gold PFs.

Perhaps from preventing top 10% players from making gold PF forever harder for newer players (18m for 10% now vs 4m for 10% 18 months ago), the game can lock players to do one tier of PF only. This way new players will have a much better opportunity to progress and earn gold fighters steadily.

Finally, they can streamline theonite rewards so doing diamond tier would give the same amount as doing all 3 of bronze, silver, and gold so not to mess too much with economy. This would trickle downwards so if you’re locked in Gold PF then you’d get 2/3 amount of theonites for doing Diamond PF.

Kurokazeee likes this.
  3. Lililira

Lililira New Member

I've only been around after the addition of diamonds, but I do agree that the difficulty levels of pfs (and daily events) seem to be more based around high/maxed golds. The stat multipliers seem to be there to try and balance this somewhat, but they don't prevent folks from getting ridiculously high streaks by using diamonds.

Looking at old threads in these forums, you can see the difference in average scores before and after the addition of diamonds. One thread from the pre-diamond era I saw stated that 4.5mil used to be a safe 10% in the gold pfs, whereas now it's around 18mil due to the power creep caused by the addition of diamonds. It can also be seen in the Milestone Rewards for the gold pf, which is less than 2mil, which folks with high level diamonds can reach very easily in their first streak.

I do agree that golds should still be allowed though, otherwise it would completely lock out some folks who have put a lot of time/effort into the game, but have poor luck. I've seen some unfortunate folks in chat who are over level 50 who still don't have a single diamond fighter (natural or evolved) so requiring 3 diamonds to even participate seems like a rather steep requirement and would lead to a 'rich get richer' scenario.

As for potential rewards, here are my thoughts:
    • Theo, skillpoints, gold move relics, and canopy coins for milestone rewards like the other pfs, but balanced to reflect the added difficulty seems good to me.
    • Dia shards for ranking rewards would be good, and would allow folks with no nat dias to work towards them. That said, the gold pfs already give out 40 dia shards with every gold fighter earned, so the shards given out by a dia pf at higher tiers would need to be equal or greater to the value of 40 shards + a gold fighter. Maybe the 30% and up tiers could include a gold fighter, like how the gold pf 30% gives out a silver fighter.
    • Dia keys / key shards. Right now, the only ways to consistently get dia keys from the CoC and rift. (AE treasure node doesn't count, since it only has a 10% drop rate and therefore isn't consistent / reliable.) The CoC price of 1mil is pretty steep, especially since even after you have the key it takes even more money to upgrade the part of the skill tree it unlocks. As for rift, it's currently a 'rich get richer' scenario from what I can see, since diamond tier players get both dia keys for ranking and more rift coins per battle which they can use to buy dia keys, which can make it very difficult for gold tier players to keep up with them or break into diamond tier. So, an alternate way to earn dia keys consistently would be good for leveling the playing field a bit, even if it's through a shard system or something like that where it takes a bit more time but is more accessible to mid-tier players.
    • Character relics would be fun, but I'm not sure how 'worth it' they'd be as a ranking rewards. Would probably work for milestone rewards though.
    • Elemental shards maybe? They'd help the folks with no dias work towards evolving their golds, but we've already got elemental pfs on the weekends, so eh?
    Idk, I have no clue how the rewards would be balanced, and the only thing I really feel strongly about is having another way to consistently earn dia keys for mid-tier players, even if it's slow.

( Quick disclaimer though: I'm a little bit worried about increasing the earning rates for stuff too much by adding a whole new pf with a bunch of big rewards, since staff has to make money off of this game somehow in order to keep supporting it and adding new content. I'm not sure what would need to be done to add this while still keeping things balanced. )

#3 Lililira, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. Kurokazeee

Kurokazeee New Member

Agreed. The game definitely needs more content for long-time players with multiple diamond fighters already.

An outright nat diamond as reward for top 10% seems too generous, so I agree that diamond shards would be good. 100 shards seem too little though, perhaps 200 shards for top tier will be good.

5. Graydiance

Graydiance New Member

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Rewards can and will of course be tweaked, it was just an example.
    Allowing Gold and Diamond into the PF would be an Idea as well.

Wish a dev/mod would take a look at this, Cellsai or Liam for example.

Cheers
    Graydiance

6. Graydiance

Graydiance New Member

7. Lililira

Lililira New Member

Since making my last post things have changed, 18mil is no longer safe for top 10% in gold pf, and the new 'safe' of 20mil is looking sketchier and sketchier.

More than 10% of the population is both willing and able to grind out the points to get top 10%. While this isn't necessarily a 'problem' per se, it does mean that the cutoff is going to creep higher and higher and require more and more grinding to reach unless something is done to shake things up.

(Tbh, I wouldn't really consider any amount of points to be truly safe right now unless you're a good 5-6mil above what the top 10% cutoff was last time.)

8. Sairus

Sairus AKA Cellsai
    Moderator Hidden Variable Dev

Just popping in to let you know we're aware of Prize Fight scores rising. I'm the one who updates the Prize Fights thread after all!

We've been having some internal discussions about it, and while we do have some potential solutions in mind, none of them are quite far along to mention publicly. A higher tier of PF has been brought up a few times, so something like what you've outlined here is not outside possibility!

Sorry for the very 'PR speak' answer, but we are aware, and have plans!