Perhaps I spoke too soon. The "need to grind" mania has infected Diamond PF.
Mistake: "Judging from the Annie and Eliza Diamond PFs, 24 million should be safe for 30% for Big Band"
Either top players need an intervention ( STOP GRINDING
), implement some kind of milestone "finish line," or we need time for Diamond PFs to normalize (i.e. ya'll need to chill). No one knows when is a good stopping point so they keep going and going, their collection of level 60 all-diamonds with full MAs plowing through any enemy team, large quantities of XP gone uncollected.
Diamond PF slogan: "If you don't have the collection strength or the time to spend, prepare for disappointment."
Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.
Entirely different experience for me - I didn’t grind at all. With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone. I did only a measly 20-streak run over three days and was well over 25m. Less grinding than ever and it felt good. Note that I am one of those with very late game collection of 70 different variants at lv60 (and another dozen more over lv50). With over 600 moves at lv9-15 all 3/3 stats, I can just auto most things in the game.
Agreed that the whole PF rewards structure can and should be redesigned so there’s less of a grind mentally to progress, while still providing an incentive for those who enjoy the grind and competition to go nuts. As stated in an earlier reply in this thread, one suggestion, refined, is to:
- make one diamond key the reward for the milestone rewards. Maybe 25m.
- make 500 gold shards or 20 diamond shards a reward for milestone rewards. Maybe 50m.
- Add a silver fighter to 30-60% reward tier
- Add a bronze fighter to 60-99% reward tier
- keep the gold fighter to 10-30% and remove the diamond key
- keep the rewards for top10% the same (this means top10% gets a second key that week)
- keep top10 rewards the same
With the suggested adjustments above, I think it would make diamond PF less of a grinding mode where all types of players can benefit from and progress in the game.
- don’t have time? Focus on some mileage rewards and still get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
- got some time but don’t want to grind? Complete the 25m mileage and get your guaranteed diamond key right away
- want to grind? Go for 50m and get some extra shards
- want to compete? Go for top10% and get that second diamond key
What do you guys think?