• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.8 Update Notes (Live now!)

Every updates are good so far, except...

PF DIFFICULTY LOCK!!!???

...why???

I'm used to collecting theonites until 30k+ and this week I've spent too many, only to got a bunch of Silver Squigly from the event relic (until enough to make another gold, for evolve) and I thought it was a good start to collect them back... 😭

Bad timing

Reactions: Holy Goose
Big thanks for all your hard work. It's awesomeness exemplified.

The Good: Dia PF with Dia Key rewards. Woohoo!! 😎

The Bad: No mention of increasing max move capacity (hope I'm wrong). Micro managing space is a chore given the increasing roster. Boohoo!! 😠

The Ugly: Waiting for the Dupe character use reveal for even longer. It sounds great, it's sure to be even better than we hope for and.... its not here. 😶

I'm being a bit picky perhaps.

Don't forget to add a mirror mode with fights in right to left orientation for double the fun 😜. Oh, and new fighters. We love new fighters.

Cheers
Cod
So what do you think of the prize fight exclusively? I imagine this may offset some of the theonite/charecter grinding that’s required to procure more gold and Diamond fighters.

I would totally love a mirror mode, that would totally offset my play style for a while but would also serve as a good brain bender.

Seems like a lot of players are concerned about being able to enter only one character prize fight difficulty. Most concerns so far are based on a decrease in total rewards possible. I want to log another concern that may take several rotations to come out, or it may not happen at all.

The diamond prize fight rewards for below 30% are very very low. 70% of players who enter the diamond prize fight walk away without any key and without any fighter.

We will see how the player population responds to this after the first few rotations, but I am concerned that this experience will be so discouraging that players who find themselves in this group will just ignore diamond prize fights is large enough numbers that the gold prize fight does not really benefit from the addition of the diamond prize fight, and the diamond prize fight becomes a more frustrating experience than it is intended to be. Maybe this won't happen. Maybe the allure of a diamond key for "only" top 30% will be enough to keep players who have no chance of making it re-entering in large enough numbers, but it feels like a trap.

Seems like a lot of players are concerned about being able to enter only one character prize fight difficulty. Most concerns so far are based on a decrease in total rewards possible. I want to log another concern that may take several rotations to come out, or it may not happen at all.

The diamond prize fight rewards for below 30% are very very low. 70% of players who enter the diamond prize fight walk away without any key and without any fighter.

We will see how the player population responds to this after the first few rotations, but I am concerned that this experience will be so discouraging that players who find themselves in this group will just ignore diamond prize fights is large enough numbers that the gold prize fight does not really benefit from the addition of the diamond prize fight, and the diamond prize fight becomes a more frustrating experience than it is intended to be. Maybe this won't happen. Maybe the allure of a diamond key for "only" top 30% will be enough to keep players who have no chance of making it re-entering in large enough numbers, but it feels like a trap.
That’s likely a pretty accurate forecast after a few rotations. If 70% of the players are going to get extremely shafted for trying (imagine those just missing the 30% cutoff) they may as well go back to do gold PF. The number of players doing diamond PF will drop significantly and making it harder and harder to get in top30% for the key.
The % reward structure definitely needs to be revisited. Either 30% ~ 100% rewards need to include a silver character + some small amount of shards to make it somewhat worthwhile, or make the gold shards + gold character mileage rewards of say 25m and 50m milestones. IMO The % rewards should be structured more like the holiday PFs.

My thoughts on the update:

-real excited to see the Filia update. There’s a few combos that I’ve wished I could pull off that now I can! Still wish widow’s peak would KO on the ground bounce though.

-I like that holodeck hazards is now a good resource for all players.

- I’m a little bummed that my theonite income is gonna take a hit from the exclusive prize fights, but I also stand behind the need to ensure that high level players won’t skew gold tier fights for others. I can deal with a little less theonite if that means everyone’s gonna have a better time.

Thoughts on future updates:

- it’d be nice if the “new fighters” filter on the collection screen wouldn’t clear when we view a fighter. If someone gets a bunch of fighters that they wanna inspect they can only look at one, then when they back out to the collection screen the filter is cleared and you gotta jump through some hoops to figure out which ones are the new ones. Would it be possible to have filter clear after returning to the main screen, but not after looking at a fighter?

-recent fighter updates make me real excited to see how Painwheel is improved. She’s one of my favorite fighters, but I’ve gotten 0 use out of flight since I started playing years ago. I also never understood the crippling change to blood drive, but I doubt that’s on the board for changes.

-Peacock’s hole idea definitely seems like the reaction’s been improved over time, but it’s still a little clunky. Maybe also we could back step with it! If the ability is give a button it could be used a little easier and creatively, with options on whether to pop out in front of your opponent or way back field.

- I have 194 bronze keys that idk what to do with but I frequently gain them as rewards instead of coins or anything else.

-Black Dahlia?!

Skullgirls is an amazing game and I’ve loved playing all these years. Definitely looking forward to see how things change and improve as we go on!

Every updates are good so far, except...

PF DIFFICULTY LOCK!!!???

...why???

I'm used to collecting theonites until 30k+ and this week I've spent too many, only to got a bunch of Silver Squigly from the event relic (until enough to make another gold, for evolve) and I thought it was a good start to collect them back... 😭

Bad timing
Pull my words, sorry for the harsh words I said earlier. Gonna delete it later...
I was under pressure during typing this after buying too many relics from the Star-Spangled event (yeah, that contains only red Squiglys)

Anyway, I just knew that there are 2 characters PFs and it makes me relieved as I can choose both Gold and Gold (or Diamond, if the mod are easy cuz my phone screen gone crazy until all attacks got delayed or mis-input)
Are the next PFs will have 2 characters each season like now? At least this gives me hope.

I learn something after buying these relics: never buy anything from them!

• Haha
Reactions: Izarck
Are the next PFs will have 2 characters each season like now? At least this gives me hope.
AFAIK, it's a this-week-only thing, due to the timing of the update happening halfway through the Eliza PF's normally-scheduled time. Starting with next week's Big Band and Cerebella events we'll be back to the pre-update schedule (i.e. Band on Mon-Wed, Bella on Thurs-Sat).

Honestly, I expected the prizes below 30% to at least have gold shards or a silver fighter. Or both 😅 Which kinda also proves your point. Right now I (or we) have no idea what the average minimum score will be to get into the top 30% and frankly it makes me anxious coz 20m is probably not enough (edit: 30.5m is enough lol).

So yeah, I hope in 4.9 the rewards for the 31%-60% threshold will be jucier, otherwise overpowered late-game players are just gonna go back to the gold prize fight rewards that are easily attainable for them, defeating the purpose of diamond prize fights.

Also, 2021 Fireworks Show kinda reminded people how unfavorable having Dead Heat is. Maybe a rework on her SAs won't make her dead weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: RancorSnp
AFAIK, it's a this-week-only thing, due to the timing of the update happening halfway through the Eliza PF's normally-scheduled time. Starting with next week's Big Band and Cerebella events we'll be back to the pre-update schedule (i.e. Band on Mon-Wed, Bella on Thurs-Sat).
Aw shucks... 😖

After completing both PFs with each difficulty, now I'm confused about what to do as long as my phone has a crazy screen to input (not able to make it up after reaching the last-prize score) and there are "20 with (...) characters" that could be a waste if I use it in the story mode.

If the concept like the last one, I could have finished all the difficulties before the time runs out and the mission could be used without wasting them.

Get me back to the first reply!

I also concern about this one.

If my phone's screen doesn't craze up, I could reach about 75M for 3 days. Now, only able to meet the last-prized score due to my screen.

Hey! I forgot to add what I’d like for 4.9!

I’m not sure what 4.9 entails exactly, it’ll probably be bigger than this update so I guess I’d have to take that into acount, Aw whatever. I want another big fighter rework. I don’t mean extending a couple of buffs, I mean taking a look at some fighters that have sucked for a long while and doing somthing about it. Parasite weave comes to mind. I think it’s been about two years since the big rework and even that ended up doing some harm. I don’t know how much effort it takes to do that, but surly it’s less than making new fighters or story modes.

Regardless of whatever happens, thanks again for making such a great game. I’ve never played a game (a MOBILE game nonetheless) for nearly 5 years now and still continued to be captivated and happy to see all the new content. And I must praise whoever came up with the SA’s, I’m sure there are similar ideas out there but nothing compares to the exact amount of uniqueness that comes with every single fighter. I really can’t believe you made pallete swaps interesting and highly desirable. I mean even the palettes I don’t care about have something interesting going on. Thanks again!

And you should give decrypted back her old SA2, immediately.

Hey! I forgot to add what I’d like for 4.9!

I’m not sure what 4.9 entails exactly, it’ll probably be bigger than this update so I guess I’d have to take that into acount, Aw whatever. I want another big fighter rework. I don’t mean extending a couple of buffs, I mean taking a look at some fighters that have sucked for a long while and doing somthing about it. Parasite weave comes to mind. I think it’s been about two years since the big rework and even that ended up doing some harm. I don’t know how much effort it takes to do that, but surly it’s less than making new fighters or story modes.

Regardless of whatever happens, thanks again for making such a great game. I’ve never played a game (a MOBILE game nonetheless) for nearly 5 years now and still continued to be captivated and happy to see all the new content. And I must praise whoever came up with the SA’s, I’m sure there are similar ideas out there but nothing compares to the exact amount of uniqueness that comes with every single fighter. I really can’t believe you made pallete swaps interesting and highly desirable. I mean even the palettes I don’t care about have something interesting going on. Thanks again!

And you should give decrypted back her old SA2, immediately.
Spot on. I like the idea of fighter reworks. I hope this ties into a use for dupe dias. Imagine being able to increase the max level of fighters by saccing other Dias e.g. sac 3 Dia peacocks to increase your mains max level by +1 to L61 (and beyond) for example. Tie the two together and your have a lot of reasons to focus on bronze and silver fighters who never get a run out.

Other than that the next update MUST address move capacity. At late game capacity is maxed all the time and needs constant micro management. Compare that to rift catalysts with a 500 cap and which probably only needs 50-60. The fighter roster is growing all the time and a big increase in cap is sorely needed and overdue.

The game for me remains 10/10. Like Rex I'm a long term player (3+ years now) and I love it and really appreciate the effort the Dev team put into it.

Gotta say both Diamond PF 30% cutoff were lower than what I expected (20m Eliza, 15M Annie) although gold PF top10% was a little higher at around 7m. Zug posted cutoffs on discord and we will see them on the forum tomorrow. That’s a good sign because I still anticipate the cutoff lines to adjust over the new few rotations until people figure out what they want.

I got probably around 10m points from just Defense wins for both Diamond PF… almost enough for the milestone rewards lol. Had to check my phone every 3~4hrs to claim 300~1m points because it maxes out at 10 defense history.

overall really love having consistent 80~120k teams to grind after even streak8 on diamond PF. It kinda makes holodeck master difficulty obsolete for me.

Gotta say both Diamond PF 30% cutoff were lower than what I expected (20m Eliza, 15M Annie) although gold PF top10% was a little higher at around 7m. Zug posted cutoffs on discord and we will see them on the forum tomorrow. That’s a good sign because I still anticipate the cutoff lines to adjust over the new few rotations until people figure out what they want.

I got probably around 10m points from just Defense wins for both Diamond PF… almost enough for the milestone rewards lol. Had to check my phone every 3~4hrs to claim 300~1m points because it maxes out at 10 defense history.

overall really love having consistent 80~120k teams to grind after even streak8 on diamond PF. It kinda makes holodeck master difficulty obsolete for me.
Almost exactly my thoughts. I did not grind like crazy but still got 36M in Eliza's (11%-30% brackets) and 54M in Annie's (Top10% Brackets), thanks to reaching 70-80K teams in 6 battles or so. I hope that 11%-30% cutoffs would not go higher than 20-25M, that would be a good place, IMO. I just wish that Top10% would have something a little more substantial than 30 Skill Points to stimulate my interest.

Seeing so many attacks on your Defence team is surprising indeed, I think that I've harvested about 4-5M of Defence points in each PF. But, seriously, the maximum history cap should be increased!

Holodeck for me now is a place where I take my fodder when I am waiting for some specific fighters to replenish their energy for a difficult opponent in PF. I can use a 5K Bio or something like that to maximize my XP gains there without worrying about modifiers. Gold Holodeck is easily soloed with lvl50+ VV using autopilot while I'm doing something else. I have boosted so many Gold fodder fighters for my huge Dia evolution this week!

I usually do not make forum posts, but this seems like the place where people are posting what their hopes and dreams for the next update(s) are, and I've yet to see people bring this up in this thread (although I've seen this suggestion elsewhere many times, especially during the speculation for the 2021 roadmap)

I'd really like the ability to have pre-setup movesets saved, to easily swap them between fighters, and to have the ability to label them / tag them so that I can sort by filter the movesets (ex: I want to swap my vaporwave vixen's defense moveset with my attack moveset, I labeled my attack moveset with a star and my defense moveset with a heart, so I filter out my movesets for star movesets only, and find my attack moveset equipped on phantom threads, so I click the attack moveset and swap it to vaporwave)

(now an idea I had in case if people don't want to leave phantom naked for whatever reason but are too lazy [me] to click to phantom and equip a moveset, is a second confirmation box that comes after confirming the swap: if you'd like to swap the previous moveset vaporwave had to phantom threads, so that phantom will have moves at least) (this idea may clog up the smooth transferral of moves, so it's an iffy)

Now I know this has been a popular suggestion, but I feel like this has been mentioned less and less in the updates and that it may have dropped lower on the priority list (maybe it might not even be on the radar anymore) but I'm mentioning it again cause this is my most anticipated change honestly

If there were updates and progress reports made on moveset swapping I didn't see, please smack me in the face with it so I'm not spouting bull that moveset swapping has fallen on the wayside

Overall, this update has been great and now I will never have to play ms fortune, robo fortunes, or pain wheels gold modifiers ever again, so thanks for that

Seeing Gold 10% get reduced by more than half (20 mil down to 8 mil) looks like MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

In Diamond PF, I'm still adjusting to the accelerated energy drain, but liking the high pace for "worthy" battles (in Gold PF it took about a dozen fights to even begin to warm up). The streaks are shorter too. For Annie, after a 16 and a 24 streak I well into the 11-30% range I was hoping for.

Perhaps I spoke too soon. The "need to grind" mania has infected Diamond PF.

Mistake: "Judging from the Annie and Eliza Diamond PFs, 24 million should be safe for 30% for Big Band"

Either top players need an intervention (🛑 STOP GRINDING 🛑), implement some kind of milestone "finish line," or we need time for Diamond PFs to normalize (i.e. ya'll need to chill). No one knows when is a good stopping point so they keep going and going, their collection of level 60 all-diamonds with full MAs plowing through any enemy team, large quantities of XP gone uncollected.

Diamond PF slogan: "If you don't have the collection strength or the time to spend, prepare for disappointment."

Perhaps I spoke too soon. The "need to grind" mania has infected Diamond PF.

Mistake: "Judging from the Annie and Eliza Diamond PFs, 24 million should be safe for 30% for Big Band"

Either top players need an intervention (🛑 STOP GRINDING 🛑), implement some kind of milestone "finish line," or we need time for Diamond PFs to normalize (i.e. ya'll need to chill). No one knows when is a good stopping point so they keep going and going, their collection of level 60 all-diamonds with full MAs plowing through any enemy team, large quantities of XP gone uncollected.

Diamond PF slogan: "If you don't have the collection strength or the time to spend, prepare for disappointment."
Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.

Entirely different experience for me - I didn’t grind at all. With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone. I did only a measly 20-streak run over three days and was well over 25m. Less grinding than ever and it felt good. Note that I am one of those with very late game collection of 70 different variants at lv60 (and another dozen more over lv50). With over 600 moves at lv9-15 all 3/3 stats, I can just auto most things in the game.

Agreed that the whole PF rewards structure can and should be redesigned so there’s less of a grind mentally to progress, while still providing an incentive for those who enjoy the grind and competition to go nuts. As stated in an earlier reply in this thread, one suggestion, refined, is to:

- make one diamond key the reward for the milestone rewards. Maybe 25m.
- make 500 gold shards or 20 diamond shards a reward for milestone rewards. Maybe 50m.
- Add a silver fighter to 30-60% reward tier
- Add a bronze fighter to 60-99% reward tier
- keep the gold fighter to 10-30% and remove the diamond key
- keep the rewards for top10% the same (this means top10% gets a second key that week)
- keep top10 rewards the same

With the suggested adjustments above, I think it would make diamond PF less of a grinding mode where all types of players can benefit from and progress in the game.

- don’t have time? Focus on some mileage rewards and still get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
- got some time but don’t want to grind? Complete the 25m mileage and get your guaranteed diamond key right away
- want to grind? Go for 50m and get some extra shards
- want to compete? Go for top10% and get that second diamond key

What do you guys think?