• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.8 Update Notes (Live now!)

Izarck

Reaction score
All very well, but I see that this negative "Mutually Exclusive Prize Fight Difficulties" feature greatly delays the development of the player in the game.
The best way to implement this idea is that once the prize fight is chosen on diamond difficulty, it will not change throughout the event and will handle bronze, silver and gold prize fights as before or can change from one difficulty to another. Once all 10 milestones of the selected difficulty are completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Goose

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.
Stopping 1mil short of the cutoff stings. That's what I get for underestimating my fellow players' greed, I guess.
With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points
Sounds like you got rich off ending a lot of high streaks. I think I netted around 500k average in defense on these Diamond PFs. Who were your defenders for Eliza, Annie, and Big Band? 🤩
(new milestone ideas)
Adding more rungs on the ladder is a great incentive to keep climbing. I worry it may encourage the percentages to keep skyrocketing.

Diamond PFs don't feel like a grind because of their fast takeoffs. Imagine a plane on a runway. The Gold PF plane takes several minutes to finally liftoff and then slowly coast upward. A Diamond PF plane is up in the clouds seconds. 30 fights for Gold PF before it starts to "get tough." For me, 13 fights for Diamond PF is the "tough" mark. In the 20s, you start going into every fight thinking "well, this is the end of the streak" as you pick which +80k FS team of meta cheese to bring your doom.
get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
haha, no thanks. Last thing I want is bronzes and silvers. I'm aching for that mysterious duplicate fighter innovation because I'm at a full 700 with more than half being silver fodder.
The best way to implement this idea is that once the prize fight is chosen on diamond difficulty, it will not change throughout the event and will handle bronze, silver and gold prize fights as before or can change from one difficulty to another. Once all 10 milestones of the selected difficulty are completed.
Are you saying you are in favor of the Diamond or Everything Else choice, or are you saying people should be able to only complete milestones in every difficulty?

Izarck

Reaction score
Stopping 1mil short of the cutoff stings. That's what I get for underestimating my fellow players' greed, I guess.

Sounds like you got rich off ending a lot of high streaks. I think I netted around 500k average in defense on these Diamond PFs. Who were your defenders for Eliza, Annie, and Big Band? 🤩

Adding more rungs on the ladder is a great incentive to keep climbing. I worry it may encourage the percentages to keep skyrocketing.

Diamond PFs don't feel like a grind because of their fast takeoffs. Imagine a plane on a runway. The Gold PF plane takes several minutes to finally liftoff and then slowly coast upward. A Diamond PF plane is up in the clouds seconds. 30 fights for Gold PF before it starts to "get tough." For me, 13 fights for Diamond PF is the "tough" mark. In the 20s, you start going into every fight thinking "well, this is the end of the streak" as you pick which +80k FS team of meta cheese to bring your doom.

haha, no thanks. Last thing I want is bronzes and silvers. I'm aching for that mysterious duplicate fighter innovation because I'm at a full 700 with more than half being silver fodder.

Are you saying you are in favor of the Diamond or Everything Else choice, or are you saying people should be able to only complete milestones in every difficulty?

that the lock function is only for diamond prize fights. more https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/...ion-of-difficulty-lock-in-prize-fights.17684/

Last edited:

Disasterrr19

Reaction score
No one knows when is a good stopping point so they keep going and going, their collection of level 60 all-diamonds with full MAs plowing through any enemy team, large quantities of XP gone uncollected.
Well, I climbed to 50M in Band's Dia PF not because I wanted those extra 30 Skill Points so much, but exactly because of XP. I only use my lvl60 stormtroopers until I get to 40-50K teams, then switch completely to a setup with 1-2 carries/supports and gold/silver fodder. If I make a mistake and my carry bites the dust - OK, my bad, let's start from the beginning. Should I just stop boosting my fighters after reaching 25M on the first or second day? I kind of enjoy it...

With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone.
Hmmm, I only harvested around 3-4M from maybe 20 battles this time, my defence team was not a popular choice, it seems.

TraiP

Reaction score
Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.

Entirely different experience for me - I didn’t grind at all. With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone. I did only a measly 20-streak run over three days and was well over 25m. Less grinding than ever and it felt good. Note that I am one of those with very late game collection of 70 different variants at lv60 (and another dozen more over lv50). With over 600 moves at lv9-15 all 3/3 stats, I can just auto most things in the game.

Agreed that the whole PF rewards structure can and should be redesigned so there’s less of a grind mentally to progress, while still providing an incentive for those who enjoy the grind and competition to go nuts. As stated in an earlier reply in this thread, one suggestion, refined, is to:

- make one diamond key the reward for the milestone rewards. Maybe 25m.
- make 500 gold shards or 20 diamond shards a reward for milestone rewards. Maybe 50m.
- Add a silver fighter to 30-60% reward tier
- Add a bronze fighter to 60-99% reward tier
- keep the gold fighter to 10-30% and remove the diamond key
- keep the rewards for top10% the same (this means top10% gets a second key that week)
- keep top10 rewards the same

With the suggested adjustments above, I think it would make diamond PF less of a grinding mode where all types of players can benefit from and progress in the game.

- don’t have time? Focus on some mileage rewards and still get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
- got some time but don’t want to grind? Complete the 25m mileage and get your guaranteed diamond key right away
- want to grind? Go for 50m and get some extra shards
- want to compete? Go for top10% and get that second diamond key

What do you guys think?
I totally agree with what you said on the matter. My only concern is that if the Dev team set a fixed milestone it might become outdated over time, same way as AE and dailies have become outdated and you get a "completely" different experience from the newer ones compared to the old ones. So they might need to change every once in a while the milestones and or rewards etc, which I don't know if the devs want to.

Reaction score
I totally agree with what you said on the matter. My only concern is that if the Dev team set a fixed milestone it might become outdated over time, same way as AE and dailies have become outdated and you get a "completely" different experience from the newer ones compared to the old ones. So they might need to change every once in a while the milestones and or rewards etc, which I don't know if the devs want to.
Lmao imagine suddenly seeing something like Megasonic or Pyro-technique as Prize Fight rewards one day in the gold/diamond tier.

Definitely a 👁️👄👁️ moment if an update like that will exist in the future.

Regarding the rewards tho, I personally think it would be more in-line with the theme of Diamond Prize Fights if the rewards were something like this:
-the addition of 125 Gold Shards for 61%-100%
-the addition of 250 Gold Shards, and a Silver Fighter for 31%-60%
-11%-30% kept the same as it is
-the addition of one more Gold Special Move and some Diamond Shards (like 125 or something idk) for Top 10%
-the addition of one more Gold BB and some Diamond Shards (maybe 250) for Rank 1-10

At least there'll be a fighter and/or a closer chance to having a Gold Fighter Relic for weaker players to feel good about especially with the difficulty lock being a thing right now.