• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

4.8 Update Notes (Live now!)

All very well, but I see that this negative "Mutually Exclusive Prize Fight Difficulties" feature greatly delays the development of the player in the game.
The best way to implement this idea is that once the prize fight is chosen on diamond difficulty, it will not change throughout the event and will handle bronze, silver and gold prize fights as before or can change from one difficulty to another. Once all 10 milestones of the selected difficulty are completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Goose
Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.
Stopping 1mil short of the cutoff stings. That's what I get for underestimating my fellow players' greed, I guess.
With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points
Sounds like you got rich off ending a lot of high streaks. I think I netted around 500k average in defense on these Diamond PFs. Who were your defenders for Eliza, Annie, and Big Band? 🤩
(new milestone ideas)
Adding more rungs on the ladder is a great incentive to keep climbing. I worry it may encourage the percentages to keep skyrocketing.

Diamond PFs don't feel like a grind because of their fast takeoffs. Imagine a plane on a runway. The Gold PF plane takes several minutes to finally liftoff and then slowly coast upward. A Diamond PF plane is up in the clouds seconds. 30 fights for Gold PF before it starts to "get tough." For me, 13 fights for Diamond PF is the "tough" mark. In the 20s, you start going into every fight thinking "well, this is the end of the streak" as you pick which +80k FS team of meta cheese to bring your doom.
get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
haha, no thanks. Last thing I want is bronzes and silvers. I'm aching for that mysterious duplicate fighter innovation because I'm at a full 700 with more than half being silver fodder.
The best way to implement this idea is that once the prize fight is chosen on diamond difficulty, it will not change throughout the event and will handle bronze, silver and gold prize fights as before or can change from one difficulty to another. Once all 10 milestones of the selected difficulty are completed.
Are you saying you are in favor of the Diamond or Everything Else choice, or are you saying people should be able to only complete milestones in every difficulty?

Stopping 1mil short of the cutoff stings. That's what I get for underestimating my fellow players' greed, I guess.

Sounds like you got rich off ending a lot of high streaks. I think I netted around 500k average in defense on these Diamond PFs. Who were your defenders for Eliza, Annie, and Big Band? 🤩

Adding more rungs on the ladder is a great incentive to keep climbing. I worry it may encourage the percentages to keep skyrocketing.

Diamond PFs don't feel like a grind because of their fast takeoffs. Imagine a plane on a runway. The Gold PF plane takes several minutes to finally liftoff and then slowly coast upward. A Diamond PF plane is up in the clouds seconds. 30 fights for Gold PF before it starts to "get tough." For me, 13 fights for Diamond PF is the "tough" mark. In the 20s, you start going into every fight thinking "well, this is the end of the streak" as you pick which +80k FS team of meta cheese to bring your doom.

haha, no thanks. Last thing I want is bronzes and silvers. I'm aching for that mysterious duplicate fighter innovation because I'm at a full 700 with more than half being silver fodder.

Are you saying you are in favor of the Diamond or Everything Else choice, or are you saying people should be able to only complete milestones in every difficulty?

that the lock function is only for diamond prize fights. more https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/...ion-of-difficulty-lock-in-prize-fights.17684/

Last edited:
No one knows when is a good stopping point so they keep going and going, their collection of level 60 all-diamonds with full MAs plowing through any enemy team, large quantities of XP gone uncollected.
Well, I climbed to 50M in Band's Dia PF not because I wanted those extra 30 Skill Points so much, but exactly because of XP. I only use my lvl60 stormtroopers until I get to 40-50K teams, then switch completely to a setup with 1-2 carries/supports and gold/silver fodder. If I make a mistake and my carry bites the dust - OK, my bad, let's start from the beginning. Should I just stop boosting my fighters after reaching 25M on the first or second day? I kind of enjoy it...

With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone.
Hmmm, I only harvested around 3-4M from maybe 20 battles this time, my defence team was not a popular choice, it seems.

Band Diamond 30% cutoff was 25m, as Zug posted on discord.

Entirely different experience for me - I didn’t grind at all. With just defensive points collected cumulatively over 3 days alone netted me over 15m points, more than enough to complete the milestone. I did only a measly 20-streak run over three days and was well over 25m. Less grinding than ever and it felt good. Note that I am one of those with very late game collection of 70 different variants at lv60 (and another dozen more over lv50). With over 600 moves at lv9-15 all 3/3 stats, I can just auto most things in the game.

Agreed that the whole PF rewards structure can and should be redesigned so there’s less of a grind mentally to progress, while still providing an incentive for those who enjoy the grind and competition to go nuts. As stated in an earlier reply in this thread, one suggestion, refined, is to:

- make one diamond key the reward for the milestone rewards. Maybe 25m.
- make 500 gold shards or 20 diamond shards a reward for milestone rewards. Maybe 50m.
- Add a silver fighter to 30-60% reward tier
- Add a bronze fighter to 60-99% reward tier
- keep the gold fighter to 10-30% and remove the diamond key
- keep the rewards for top10% the same (this means top10% gets a second key that week)
- keep top10 rewards the same

With the suggested adjustments above, I think it would make diamond PF less of a grinding mode where all types of players can benefit from and progress in the game.

- don’t have time? Focus on some mileage rewards and still get a bronze or silver to build your collection strength
- got some time but don’t want to grind? Complete the 25m mileage and get your guaranteed diamond key right away
- want to grind? Go for 50m and get some extra shards
- want to compete? Go for top10% and get that second diamond key

What do you guys think?
I totally agree with what you said on the matter. My only concern is that if the Dev team set a fixed milestone it might become outdated over time, same way as AE and dailies have become outdated and you get a "completely" different experience from the newer ones compared to the old ones. So they might need to change every once in a while the milestones and or rewards etc, which I don't know if the devs want to.

I totally agree with what you said on the matter. My only concern is that if the Dev team set a fixed milestone it might become outdated over time, same way as AE and dailies have become outdated and you get a "completely" different experience from the newer ones compared to the old ones. So they might need to change every once in a while the milestones and or rewards etc, which I don't know if the devs want to.
Lmao imagine suddenly seeing something like Megasonic or Pyro-technique as Prize Fight rewards one day in the gold/diamond tier.

Definitely a 👁️👄👁️ moment if an update like that will exist in the future.

Regarding the rewards tho, I personally think it would be more in-line with the theme of Diamond Prize Fights if the rewards were something like this:
-the addition of 125 Gold Shards for 61%-100%
-the addition of 250 Gold Shards, and a Silver Fighter for 31%-60%
-11%-30% kept the same as it is
-the addition of one more Gold Special Move and some Diamond Shards (like 125 or something idk) for Top 10%
-the addition of one more Gold BB and some Diamond Shards (maybe 250) for Rank 1-10

At least there'll be a fighter and/or a closer chance to having a Gold Fighter Relic for weaker players to feel good about especially with the difficulty lock being a thing right now.

Diamond PF rising tide
30%
10%
Eliza
20,533,423​
50,463,869​
Annie
15,738,794​
43,153,246​
Big Band
25,056,877​
43,994,157​
Cerebella
27,493,065​
41,672,259​
Robo-Fortune
30,382,444​
42,704,582​
Ms. Fortune
30,099,298​
41,440,265​
Filia
32,407,828​
46,028,987​
Parasoul
32,201,684​
43,934,593​

And now Beowulf, where 34 million wasn't enough for 30%!

Being at the mercy of the mob sucks. Why can't there be a milestone where getting 30 million gets you the 30% rewards? Why stop at 12 million? It isn't healthy competition. It is FOMO (fear of missing out) mongering.

Dissatisfaction drives people away. Like in the Rift, stopping at Diamond 4 numbers only to get chomped a few hundred points overnight has driven me to do the minimum for Rifts (it is understandable that my collection isn't top 200 level yet. Getting swarmed the final night is annoying though). Now I feel like doing the minimum (12mil) for Prize Fights. Kind of a "wake me when Umbrella gets here" mode. :p

Diamond PF rising tide
30%
10%
Eliza
20,533,423​
50,463,869​
Annie
15,738,794​
43,153,246​
Big Band
25,056,877​
43,994,157​
Cerebella
27,493,065​
41,672,259​
Robo-Fortune
30,382,444​
42,704,582​
Ms. Fortune
30,099,298​
41,440,265​
Filia
32,407,828​
46,028,987​
Parasoul
32,201,684​
43,934,593​

Being at the mercy of the mob sucks. Why can't there be a milestone where getting 30 million gets you the 30% rewards? Why stop at 12 million? It isn't healthy competition. It is FOMO (fear of missing out) mongering.

Dissatisfaction drives people away. Like in the Rift, stopping at Diamond 4 numbers only to get chomped a few hundred points overnight has driven me to do the minimum for Rifts (it is understandable that my collection isn't top 200 level yet. Getting swarmed the final night is annoying though). Now I feel like doing the minimum (12mil) for Prize Fights. Kind of a "wake me when Umbrella gets here" mode. :p
Not to mention that the gold prizefight 10% numbers have been going up again as more people realize they won’t get anything for playing Diamond prizefight. Thus making the amount of people participating in Diamond PFs smaller, making it harder to get to 30%!

I’m also a bit disappointed with the modifiers, I’ll make a post once we’ve gone through all the charecters PF, but these new modifiers just feel kinda tame. Eliza’s and Annie’s we’re a good start though.

To be fair it was always FOMO and grind. Pick your battle (event) and sweat it out to make sure you got those juicy rewards. The only difference now is the behaviours and numbers havent stabilised yet upon introduction of the Dia PF, therefore neither have in game economies. I'd also note the huge potential long term impact of Holodeck on available XP that unlocks fighters max level much faster than before (meaning players can compete earlier in Dia PF and Rift for more rewards as their collections mature faster). If people drop out of Dia PF for a while they will need to turn back to Rift for coins for keys. Therefore I think this will sort itself out.

The Dev's have talked about finding new uses for Dupes. Those changes COULD add another exciting dimension to gameplay. Imagine using dupes to increase the max level cap of your best fighters for example. I see a plan there but my impression at the moment is that the focus has not so much shifted to Umbrella as to Second Encore - hence all the attention on DLC and SG Championships. You can argue there is evidence of that in the slowing in release of new fighter variants e.g. High Ruler - shown as an AI opponent, put in as a possible relic pull in an event, then nothing in the next major release. How long ago is it that we first saw her, but still don't see her in premier relics?

My impression: I see less Dev's in chat than before, I see less Dev posts here in the forums and I see more and more posts about SG/SE on the mobile twitter account. Now I see SE will get to play Umbrella first too in Alpha.

I'm not a SG player, I'm a SGM player. That's what I love, that's where i've been grinding for over 3 years and that's where I have spent my money. I'll hunker down and keep playing because the game remains fantastic, but another year of split focus is going to wear thin unless the release of content on mobile picks up a bit imo.

Game score: 10/10
Dev score: 10/10

Moan over.

Last edited:
Reactions: rexturtle1120
I've made a lot of threads lately so I'm not making another one but here's what I'll say: Diamond PFs need rewards that make not going back to gold worth it if you can score high. Otherwise we're just gonna have an awkward back and forth where people swap between gold and diamond depending on scores.

My suggestion is make one more milestone at 15m or so that gives either the gold shards or the diamond key from 30%+ and remove those rewards from those ranked rewards. That way even if you can't score high you have incentive to play diamond PF if you can, making gold still a viable midgame grinding option.

I'm saying this as someone who did 15m in an hour yesterday and saw no bounties by the way. So I may be biased on what that score should be. But rising every week isn't a good thing and I doubt it'll slow down, cause the only people with incentive to do diamond PF either care more about easy grinding than rewards cause they have enough (me) or have the time to grind high and will only keep raising the scores.

Maybe they'll even out as people burn out though. Dunno if that's the optimal way to even out scores, but it'll still probably happen regardless

Now I feel like doing the minimum (12mil) for Prize Fights.
Based on that, I'd say just do the Gold PF? Sure the overall rewards are less compared to Dia PF, but for grinding 12+mil, you'll still get the Gold Chara (and Dia shards). I'm considering that option myself, as 35+mil hardly seems worth it, and especially makes me regret even doing the Dia PF for 3 days if I miss the 11-30% by 1-2mil...Time is scarcest resource in this game and not getting optimum rewards for investing in it is the real FOMO...And don't get me started on calling it a Diamond PF if there are no Diamond chara rewards...

Based on that, I'd say just do the Gold PF? Sure the overall rewards are less compared to Dia PF, but for grinding 12+mil, you'll still get the Gold Chara (and Dia shards). I'm considering that option myself, as 35+mil hardly seems worth it, and especially makes me regret even doing the Dia PF for 3 days if I miss the 11-30% by 1-2mil...Time is scarcest resource in this game and not getting optimum rewards for investing in it is the real FOMO...And don't get me started on calling it a Diamond PF if there are no Diamond chara rewards...
I agree, there could be some Dia shards imo, like rift, but in smaller quantities. But overall I do like the Dia PF. I spend a lot less time grinding than I did at gold as the XP comes faster in each streak and I typically end with 45M+ and a few million of that comes from sucessful defense. And the XP that comes for gold and silver fighters when you carry is huge. This is actually accelerating mid game players into late game players much faster, I would say. Thats got to be good. I can back this up by saying essences is now my most wanted resource. I have Golds at L50 queued up for evo but have burnt through my elemental stocks faster than ever. Other players must be levelling faster too so this can only mean more players in Dia PF in the medium term and more playing rift. I'd just like new variants added a little faster.

On a different matter,I have fighters for offense and defense at Bronze, Silver and Gold, fully or part invested. They are without purpose now. Old favourites put out to pasture so to speak. Its a little bit sad to watch them wander off into obscurity never to be seen again.

And move capacity, dear god, please please please increase it. Micro managing that is THE worst part of the game.

Cod

Last edited:
Based on that, I'd say just do the Gold PF?
Nooooo, after getting a taste of diamond, I can't go back. Everything is great about them except for the archaic rewards system that has been plaguing this game all along.

Imagine running a marathon. Exhausted, you stumble through the finish line at the 42.195km (26.2188 miles). Instead of a medal, a commemorative t-shirt, or even some water, you get nothing. Someone with a clipboard tells you that you are marked "DNF" (did not finish) because other runners just kept going. "The actual finish line is somewhere that way." they say while gesturing toward the horizon. "It will be wherever they feel like stopping this race. Who knows where it will be next time."

In other news, saw the Umbrella Alpha trailer at EVO. Coming this month! Does this mean 4.9 will be the Umbrella patch? (I'm expecting 4.9 to arrive around the usual Back to School holiday PF - first week of September)

Nooooo, after getting a taste of diamond, I can't go back. Everything is great about them except for the archaic rewards system that has been plaguing this game all along.

Imagine running a marathon. Exhausted, you stumble through the finish line at the 42.195km (26.2188 miles). Instead of a medal, a commemorative t-shirt, or even some water, you get nothing. Someone with a clipboard tells you that you are marked "DNF" (did not finish) because other runners just kept going. "The actual finish line is somewhere that way." they say while gesturing toward the horizon. "It will be wherever they feel like stopping this race. Who knows where it will be next time."
No, I get it. you're the one who said only going 12M+
If 12M+ is the goal, 12M in Gold PF will net you the 'medal(gold figher)/t-shirt(keys)/water(moves).' at the end.
But I can tell already, that Diamond finish line is gonna keep moving; I'm already aiming for 35M+ each one.
I think the problem is player density in Dia PF. cuz we're talking 11-30% here, not 10% like in Gold PF (pre-Diamond PF).
Now there is no more over lap in PF participation due to the lock out. It's not open to 'all' players like all PF used to be, no one can even 'try' Diamond PF and finish with lower scores.

Even with out more players, if the 10% Diamond rewards were a lot better than 11-30%, we might see a shift in scores that way.

Umbrella in early Sept? Maybe... The 2E Alpha still has unfinished animation frames...Possible... Doesn't a new Mobile chara have like 3-4 weeks of reveals before the update? They better start next week.

Umbrella in early Sept? Maybe... The 2E Alpha still has unfinished animation frames...Possible... Doesn't a new Mobile chara have like 3-4 weeks of reveals before the update? They better start next week.
People in YouTube comments said about December, but that's just a speculation. As far as I know, there's no particular date yet.
Personally, I hope Umbrella will be released earlier than that ☺️

Diamond PF rising tide
30%
10%
Eliza
20,533,423​
50,463,869​
Annie
15,738,794​
43,153,246​
Big Band
25,056,877​
43,994,157​
Cerebella
27,493,065​
41,672,259​
Robo-Fortune
30,382,444​
42,704,582​
Ms. Fortune
30,099,298​
41,440,265​
Filia
32,407,828​
46,028,987​
Parasoul
32,201,684​
43,934,593​

Thanks for compiling this! We've been keeping tabs on the various PF scores (we monitor all new additions to the game pretty closely), but I always like your summary posts!