• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Eliza Scarlet Viper or Bloody Valentine?

AlucardlmlCobhc

Reaction score
In which of the two is it worth investing resources? Take also to ask the same for No Egrets and Ivy League :)

In which of the two is it worth investing resources? Take also to ask the same for No Egrets and Ivy League :)
Scarlet Viper is better offensively than Bloody Valentine because she has bleeds and enrages available to her. As for No Egrets and Ivy League, they both play quite similarly because both of their SAs are control oriented(No Egrets with her disables and Ivy League's slow and wither). Ultimately No Egrets is slightly better because with a high enough crit rate she can basically keep her disables up for the entire fight.

Reactions: AlucardlmlCobhc
It depends a little on what you want to do. They're both good, but Scarlet Viper deals more damage, while Bloody Valentine can throw out more blockbusters and has a decent self heal. Another factor worth considering is whether you eventually want to evolve them to gold. There's absolutely no reason to evolve Bloody Valentine, because Diva Intervention does everything Bloody Valentine does, except Diva does it dramatically better. Scarlet Viper at least has a nitch as a gold, even if she I don't use her a ton.

That said, I enjoy using Bloody Valentine as a silver more than I do Scarlet Viper.

No Egrets and Ivy League also depend on what you want to do. Ivy technically has better meter control, but No Egrets is much easier to use. No Egrets also doesn't have to blow up her tears, which is a huge bonus, because her marquee ability can make her deal huge damage with a few tears out. That may be a bit far off in the future for you though.

Another benefit of No Egrets is she keeps people from tagging out, which is why I have her as a gold now. It's a small thing, but I really hate bringing someone to 1% life only to have them tag out and start healing.

Scarlet Viper at least has a nitch as a gold, even if she I don't use her a ton.
Viper gets completely outclassed by Bloodbath, just as Diva outclasses Bloody Valentine. While Viper is bleeding herself to death when she uses her SA, Bloodbath heals herself when her SA procs. She also has more outs to bleed since any BB used on either side procs her SA and she offers more utility than Viper because Bloodbath can counter Dread Locks pretty hard. For that reason I wouldn't take Viper to gold except to use as diamond fodder.

Viper gets completely outclassed by Bloodbath, just as Diva outclasses Bloody Valentine. While Viper is bleeding herself to death when she uses her SA, Bloodbath heals herself when her SA procs. She also has more outs to bleed since any BB used on either side procs her SA and she offers more utility than Viper because Bloodbath can counter Dread Locks pretty hard. For that reason I wouldn't take Viper to gold except to use as diamond fodder.

I'd say Scarlet Viper just has a small nitch, and there are valid reasons for people not to bother evolving her, which you've done a good job of listing.

But if someone hasn't gotten a Bloodbath yet, which will likely take longer than getting a Diva, then Scarlet Viper might help fill in that gap for a bit without becoming completely useless later. She's okay when other debuffs than bleeds crop up, even if bleeds are the most common and probably the most annoying, and there's also times when I prefer raw damage to trying to bleed someone. It's not a lot, but she still gets occasional use unlike some of my golds, like Raw Nerve.

I'd say Scarlet Viper just has a small nitch, and there are valid reasons for people not to bother evolving her, which you've done a good job of listing.

But if someone hasn't gotten a Bloodbath yet, which will likely take longer than getting a Diva, then Scarlet Viper might help fill in that gap for a bit without becoming completely useless later. She's okay when other debuffs than bleeds crop up, even if bleeds are the most common and probably the most annoying, and there's also times when I prefer raw damage to trying to bleed someone. It's not a lot, but she still gets occasional use unlike some of my golds, like Raw Nerve.
I was about to make this point. I've played for well over a year, coming up on two come autumn, and no amount of Eliza relics has given me Bloodbath. Scarlet Viper has been my low rent version for a while now. Solid fighter, just not great for Rifts.

Honestly, as far the Elizas go, Scarlet Viper's the better choice because she can actually do damage, but without the taunt, will eventually bleed out. And even still, neither of them is worth evolving because they are both outclassed by their gold counterparts. But at least Scarlet performs well in the niche she does have. Between No Egrets and Ivy League, it depends on which one suits you better since they pretty much do the same thing. If you want endless lockdown, No Egrets will do the trick. In situations where damage matters, Ivy League will do the trick.

Between No Egrets and Ivy League, it depends on which one suits you better since they pretty much do the same thing. If you want endless lockdown, No Egrets will do the trick. In situations where damage matters, Ivy League will do the trick.

I'm curious why you think Ivy League will do more damage. I would have thought No Egrets would, because her SA combines better with Parasoul's MA.

I'm curious why you think Ivy League will do more damage. I would have thought No Egrets would, because her SA combines better with Parasoul's MA.
Ivy League has higher base attack, but if I remember correctly it's not by much.

Edit: Ivy League has about 1.3k higher base attack at max level diamond

Reactions: fanghoul
Ivy League has higher base attack, but if I remember correctly it's not by much.

Edit: Ivy League has about 1.3k higher base attack at max level diamond

Thanks! That's a bigger difference than I would have expected. I suppose in the long run No Egrets might edge ahead on damage by not exploding her tears as often, but in the short run I can see more merits to Ivy now.

Reactions: cappatacus
Thanks! That's a bigger difference than I would have expected. I suppose in the long run No Egrets might edge ahead on damage by not exploding her tears as often, but in the short run I can see more merits to Ivy now.

Yea Ivy League has higher base attack. By 1.3k
Which is why Ivy does more dmg. No Egrets does better with SA+MA