• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is there any way to evade Unblockable BBs?

Boomtski

Reaction score
I'm trying to level up my low level character and they can't do enough damage to kill off the opponent before their BB is all charged up and OTK me with 1 single BB. It's really frustrating

CdI9n8j.png

Most unblockable blockbusters can be evaded to a certain degree. I've not been able to avoid any of them yet myself, but I've seen some instances of opponents who managed to completely dodge a BB3. Your best bet now is to build a lot of ATK to try and kill them before they can use an unblockable. Or build defence and HP to ride it out if you have fighters who can tank.

CdI9n8j.png

Most unblockable blockbusters can be evaded to a certain degree. I've not been able to avoid any of them yet myself, but I've seen some instances of opponents who managed to completely dodge a BB3. Your best bet now is to build a lot of ATK to try and kill them before they can use an unblockable. Or build defence and HP to ride it out if you have fighters who can tank.

Alright, so i guess BBs with skulls on the bottom cannot be evaded. I hope they implement something that would allow us to avoid those OTK moments with 1 push of a button.

I have on two occasions avoided a BB3 by using Burst. This was in 1.2.0 and I couldn't replicate it despite trying to dodge BB3s all the time.

I think that BB3s that require a hit to follow through are likely avoidable by Burst. But BB3s that are sustained are not avoidable in this fashion.

AI doesn't seem to use them when they can be avoided, but it is possible for YOU to miss with a BB3. For example, Filia's Fenrir Drive can activate early and completely whiff if there is no enemy on the screen and you are too far to hit them on incoming.

Alright, so i guess BBs with skulls on the bottom cannot be evaded. I hope they implement something that would allow us to avoid those OTK moments with 1 push of a button.

I think they are unblockable for a reason, if you could completely evade them with a simple tap, that would completely defeat the point no?

I get it's frustrating when you are just a lowbie trying to get past a boss to unlock new content but personally i believe it's fair that those kind of moves exist.

Besides, when you eventually get to equip some of them yourself you'll find they are so much satisfying to use (albeit slow in the build up), so just hang in there. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ComradeRoach
Now if only higher AI didn't have blockbusters that fill in a single combo.

Filia's Fenrir Drive BB3 can be avoided by moving out of the way at the right time. Interestingly, Eliza can avoid 90% of the damage from Big Band's Strike Up the Band BB3 while in Sekmet mode because the podiums will still hit you for low damage, but the barrage of trumpet mutes won't occur because you can't be launched in the air because Sekmet cannot be launched.

Reactions: Luke
The game tries very hard to prevent you from evading unblockables, if it detects you're in an invincible state during the superflash it will just wait. Which clearly says to me that you're not supposed to be able to do this, and ways to trick it would probably get patched out.

But yes, right now it is possible to fool it in some rare cases, at least until they get patched out. As Parasoul I have managed to Napalm Pillar out of one once, but never reproduced it again. I've also seen opposing Filias backdash out, and in theory it could be possible for Peacock and Painwheel. But it's only even possible on supers with fewer active frames than your invuln, or for Painwheel it'd affect command grabs. So you won't dodge an Inferno Brigade ever.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I suspect the AI's inputs might not affected by hitstop, so there may be some cases where it's only possible for the AI and not you. I have no way to test and confirm this theory though.

The game tries very hard to prevent you from evading unblockables, if it detects you're in an invincible state during the superflash it will just wait. Which clearly says to me that you're not supposed to be able to do this, and ways to trick it would probably get patched out.

But yes, right now it is possible to fool it in some rare cases, at least until they get patched out. As Parasoul I have managed to Napalm Pillar out of one once, but never reproduced it again. I've also seen opposing Filias backdash out, and in theory it could be possible for Peacock and Painwheel. But it's only even possible on supers with fewer active frames than your invuln, or for Painwheel it'd affect command grabs. So you won't dodge an Inferno Brigade ever.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I suspect the AI's inputs might not affected by hitstop, so there may be some cases where it's only possible for the AI and not you. I have no way to test and confirm this theory though.
i've had times where I dash in and dash attack the AI at the same time it does so to me, and unless the AI just stops attacking it "wins" and goes into a combo on me, so most likely the AI doesn't really care what you're doing if it feels like you're going to lose.

If Valentine has EKG Flatliner and activates it while she is at max screen distance from your character you can preventively spam back dash away from it and hopefully the initial activation will occur during your backdash and it will miss.

if your opponent does bb on wake up and you're too close you will still get hit. If Valentine gets bb off of your combo it's best to just spam backdash and hope she doesn't reach you. Wouldn't work if you're in a corner or you're up close.

This BB might have this flaw for one of two reasons

1) When you activate this BB, Valentine will use a quick version of her Charge move which has a limited range so being too far will make this move miss.
2) Because this is a BB3 with a cost of 7 it might be less of a guaranteed hit when compared to BB8 which will wait until the opponent is able to be hit and does a full screen dash grab.

If Valentine has EKG Flatliner and activates it while she is at max screen distance from your character you can preventively spam back dash away from it and hopefully the initial activation will occur during your backdash and it will miss.

if your opponent does bb on wake up and you're too close you will still get hit. If Valentine gets bb off of your combo it's best to just spam backdash and hope she doesn't reach you. Wouldn't work if you're in a corner or you're up close.

This BB might have this flaw for one of two reasons

1) When you activate this BB, Valentine will use a quick version of her Charge move which has a limited range so being too far will make this move miss.
2) Because this is a BB3 with a cost of 7 it might be less of a guaranteed hit when compared to BB8 which will wait until the opponent is able to be hit and does a full screen dash grab.
I'm pretty sure they tweaked the AI so it tries to never use a super like that if it's possible you can avoid it.

I believe I have backdashed out of an unblockable before. I dont recall the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it can happen.

I believe I have backdashed out of an unblockable before. I dont recall the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it can happen.
Were you Filia? Her backdash is invincible, at least for a few frames, as part of her Character-specific trait. So that might've messed with it.

This is my biggest problem so far with the game. Some of the story missions where it's 2/3 on 1 extremely high level character with an unblockable BB3 are just straight up bullshit. Most of these are the reward missions so they aren't "mandatory". Fine, so you skip them and come back with your own high level characters are congrats, you get a shitty bronze box. Clearly they are meant to be done at the appropriate level, but since some of them have unblockable BBs you simply can't beat them before you get one shot by it.

Welp, I've been playing the current Painwheel Prize Fight and yes, Unblockables are really bloody stupid. I'm basically punished for doing any combos at all and yet that's kind of the only way you beat teams that exceed your own Fighter Score without something like No Egrets Parasoul.

Basically, it never feels fun to fight an unblockable.

The worst part for me isn't even that the enemy has an unblockable Blockbuster, it's that all of their supers seem to charge at a ludicrous rate. Smaller supers like Diamond Dynamo go from 0 to full charge in a single round of 5 ground hits > Launcher > three air hits > sweep. Unless most of the difficult enemies have insane Meter Gain stats on their moves or Gold moves are just straight upgrades IN ADDITION to having more stats on them, something's funky there.

Reactions: Boogiepop
I try to tag out into a beefy fighter like Big Top Cerebella or Resonant Evil Big Band when the opposing fighter charges a BB3, and that seems to work out pretty well.

It can feel a little annoying when you get one-shot, yeah, but chunking their health with a unblockable feels good as hell.

Welp, I've been playing the current Painwheel Prize Fight and yes, Unblockables are really bloody stupid. I'm basically punished for doing any combos at all and yet that's kind of the only way you beat teams that exceed your own Fighter Score without something like No Egrets Parasoul.

Basically, it never feels fun to fight an unblockable.

This week's prize fight is pretty much a BB3-fest. As someone who just started, forget about getting more than 10 win streaks, that is if you ever get there. You're guaranteed to fight someone with BB3 skills with more Score than your team.

You won't be able to tank them nor do enough damage to one shot them. It's pretty frustrating.

The worst part for me isn't even that the enemy has an unblockable Blockbuster, it's that all of their supers seem to charge at a ludicrous rate. Smaller supers like Diamond Dynamo go from 0 to full charge in a single round of 5 ground hits > Launcher > three air hits > sweep. Unless most of the difficult enemies have insane Meter Gain stats on their moves or Gold moves are just straight upgrades IN ADDITION to having more stats on them, something's funky there.

This week's prize fight has the ability that if you get hit, you gain huge amount of meter for your BBs. That means the better you play, the more you get punished by BB3s if you can't tank them or one shot them. That's pretty dumb in my opinion.

Reactions: tom641