• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is there any way to evade Unblockable BBs?

Pro tip: with the Supercharger modifier, you get more meter charge for blocking their hits than they do for attacking you while you're blocking. Take advantage of this to charge your BB3 and end the fight quickly before enemies in reserve get more meter charge.

Reactions: Geebus
It sure is super fun trying to do some harder Story Mode stuff, seeing a BB3 on the enemy loadout and knowing that i'm wasting my time trying to fight back.

Reactions: safr and Wulfden
The only defense is figuring out a long combo loop that'll kill your opponent, meter drain or bb stop(no egrets). They're not intended to miss so we have to build assuming they will always hit. I wish that wasn't the case.

I have managed to dodge a few BB3s with sheer luck.

If you switch characters at the exact right time apparently you dodge some of them. Of course I only managed to do that once so I imagine the window is literally one frame of animation.

I was reading this thread yesterday and thought hey that shouldn't happen they're unblockable?? But I was just playing one of the Bloody Sunday daily events and I avoided big bands strike up the band while in sekhmet mode. It's a one off and I don't know if I'd be able to replicate it but I was really close to big band and took no damage at all.

I was reading this thread yesterday and thought hey that shouldn't happen they're unblockable?? But I was just playing one of the Bloody Sunday daily events and I avoided big bands strike up the band while in sekhmet mode. It's a one off and I don't know if I'd be able to replicate it but I was really close to big band and took no damage at all.
I recall this being pointed out before with the reason being Sekhmet has super armor, so you don't get launched into the air by the initial hits from Strike Up The Band, followed up by the airborne hits which is the main damage of the BB, so it has nothing to do with the distance, really.

I recall this being pointed out before with the reason being Sekhmet has super armor, so you don't get launched into the air by the initial hits from Strike Up The Band, followed up by the airborne hits which is the main damage of the BB, so it has nothing to do with the distance, really.
Yeah but you take damage normally from the initial hits that launch you up. I took nothing.

This one time I was fighting an opponent in the PFs and I used my Painwheel's BB3, but then it just didn't hit he opponent. What really happened was that when I used that BB3 my opponent tagged in someone else so the BB3 didn't work because I couldn't attack anyone for a couple of seconds. NOTE: It's really hard to pull off. Other than that, it's all I've seen that comes close to 'evading'. Hope this helped!

So I ended up doing the same thing! It just comes down to getting big bands meter for the BB3 to charge while hitting in sekhmet mode. The AI will want to push sekhmet away and trigger the BB3, but it won't hurt sekhmet at all. Both times I did this it was accidental but I see how it works now.

This one time I was fighting an opponent in the PFs and I used my Painwheel's BB3, but then it just didn't hit he opponent. What really happened was that when I used that BB3 my opponent tagged in someone else so the BB3 didn't work because I couldn't attack anyone for a couple of seconds. NOTE: It's really hard to pull off. Other than that, it's all I've seen that comes close to 'evading'. Hope this helped!

this here. i usually use my BB3 whenever its charged, and sometimes its during a tag in, and it would start but fail to grab the enemy. but i have to use my BB3 right as the tag in begins for it to fail. tag in takes one or two seconds and if i use BB3 on the last second before a fighter drops in it would still work.

It sure is super fun trying to do some harder Story Mode stuff, seeing a BB3 on the enemy loadout and knowing that i'm wasting my time trying to fight back.
This. I start a fight, check the specials/BBs, and if there's an unblockable, I have basically no recourse but to put the tablet down until the defeat screen pops up.

Death by playing poorly = OK
Death by timeout = OK
Death by uncounterable moves regardless of how good you are or how much time is left = NOT OK

There's another thread out there as well regarding the issues of BB3, I'm surprised discussion on the topic has pretty much disappeared.

Probably because anyone who tries to bring it up keeps getting shouted down with "Well I'm at max level and I'm not getting OHKOd, so if it doesn't affect me anyone else saying it's an issue must be wrong."

At this point everything there is to say on the matter has been said already. And for all the fuss that's been kicked up, there hasn't been any sort of official reply or anything. So it doesn't look like there's any chance anything will change. :/

Reactions: Ryouhi and Wulfden
Honestly I don't avoid the BB3s (I still get OHKO'd sometimes even tho I have a max so I understand the pain) I just prevent them. I use Sekhmet to keep the opponent from doing anything, stunlock with filia, and for painwheel, I kill stuff fast.

Probably because anyone who tries to bring it up keeps getting shouted down with "Well I'm at max level and I'm not getting OHKOd, so if it doesn't affect me anyone else saying it's an issue must be wrong."

At this point everything there is to say on the matter has been said already. And for all the fuss that's been kicked up, there hasn't been any sort of official reply or anything. So it doesn't look like there's any chance anything will change. :/
Actually the Devs are still working on them, looking at the 1.4.0 Patchnotes:

Increased Blockbuster Tier 3 Meter Requirements
  • We have increased the amount of meter it takes to trigger a BB3 by 25%
  • This is NOT intended to be the be-all-end-all solution to BB3 balancing, but rather a short term step in the right direction pending other adjustments. Stay tuned!

So i'm pretty sure the Devs agree that BB3s aren't perfectly balanced right now (at least not outside of equal FS match-ups).
Just gotta be patient :)

How about do them % based? This will swing power towards underdog.
I thought about that too, but that makes it more powerful against tanks then and less effective against glass canons.

Is there a problem with that?
Glass canons should get punished more than a tank that's specifically has higher health in exchange for less damage.

A painwheel shouldn't be able to kill enemies in one combo while being able to shrug off a BB3, while a Tank would take a much higher amount of damage while not being able to do nearly as much damage.

Reactions: TRIX