• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

It might help to look at the rift matchmaking situation with a different perspective. The way I see it is that we were all placed too high (top 1% vs. top 200) at diamond tier. It will take a couple of weeks for all the ranks to settle in the right places as a result of top 1% not in top 200 to place in Gold. It is clear from the patch notes that everyone would inevitably drop ranks, so HV adjusted the rewards to somewhat rectify that.

My prediction is that starting next week the match making should be better. Though, HV should probably set tighter parameters to restrict matching players with over 200 point differences or something like that. The only challenge would be that top players will not ever get matched. Before the patch I would sometimes not find any opponents even queuing up for hours, to only always fight against the same top 50 players. I think the main issue is that we don’t have big enough of a player base for the match making to work smoothly.

I have played like 10 matches in a row and I could not mathematically win any.
If it keeps going this way I am gonna have to bid farewell to all of you once and for all.
I will make a special post for this.

Would be nice if they could make rift sort of like prize fight where you get to choose from 3 maps to tackle: 1 with lower overall FP, another with roughly the same, and the last being higher.

If matching 3 people is difficult, and I think it will be because it’s hard enough to match 1 person... then maybe they can do a overall percentage buff. So, you can choose to apply a 20% debuff to Stats across all opponent characters for a fraction of the coins and points, normal for what we currently get, and a 200% buff for more rift coins and points if you can win. That way, even if you are significantly weaker than your matched opponent then you’d still have a chance to clear the map and get rewards. Likewise, top players can risk losing by attempting a buffed map should they want to try a difficult version of a weaker opponent. Not sure what percentage would be fair though.

I am right at the point of quitting this game for good.
And I am a veteran.
Been playing for around 2 years.
I know how you feel, since the launch of Skullgirls I was binge playing like there was no tomorrow. Despite the difficulty of the Rift battles, I'm still going to continue playing Skullgirls no matter what. It's an absolute phenomenon game and I enjoy everything about it. So don't bother too much about the Rift battles, that's just ONE feature while Skullgirls has other things you can do. Also with Robo-Fortune coming soon along with more Origin stories, I'm super hyped:)

Reactions: educavalcantee
I know how you feel, since the launch of Skullgirls I was binge playing like there was no tomorrow. Despite the difficulty of the Rift battles, I'm still going to continue playing Skullgirls no matter what. It's an absolute phenomenon game and I enjoy everything about it. So don't bother too much about the Rift battles, that's just ONE feature while Skullgirls has other things you can do. Also with Robo-Fortune coming soon along with more Origin stories, I'm super hyped:)
That's the spirit.

Thanks man. Also, are you more hyped for Robo-Fortune or for the origin stories, just curious.
I'm more hyped for the Origin Stories than Robo Fortune. I have a good amount of characters that I want to upgrade. The resources are scarse, and I won't priorize RF over characters that I KNOW they are good. :D

Reactions: Kassem Shour
I still don't see the point of the changes to top 200 honestly. For most people all it means is less rewards unless you were one of the rare lucky few who were in Gold 1 and landed at the tail end of Gold 4 or something, so now you're technically getting Diamond Shards.

It's the same as a similar change to Prize Fights that happened a while ago that added a certain score requirement to be ranked at all, it just feels like trying to lower the rewards people are getting for no other benefit.