• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Seeing the point about BMF. Maybe would be better to apply the Armor Break SA to No Egrets instead since Parasoul is more of a direct damage dealer and leave Frosty’s alone- would still differentiate them without screwing one of them up.

As a Gold 1 Rift ranker, I'm quite pleased with the buff to the prizes and new incentives. I like how it something that is a dependable benefit to grow one's collection, unlike the ever-increasing power-creep canyon of prize fights (once upon a time, 8 million was more than enough to clear 10% in gold, now it is beyond 15 mil).

• Skulls have been added to the bottom of character portrait UI, to represent rarity.
a5SDlKX.png
I don't understand how the skulls are showing any more information than their material border. And if we were to talk rarity, that only-available-at-distant-conventions, not-in-relics, and/or rare-contest-prize Necrobreaker Squigly should be a six-skulls rarity. :^)

Will it be like what TonyPartridge30 suggested, where the skulls mark the variant's origin? So a Bad Hair Day Filia, a bronze, will stay one-skull even when she upgrades to gold?

A lot of great feedback coming in so far, thanks to everyone sharing their thoughts! We'll be sure to go through all of this in more detail after weekend.

Quick note on the "skulls" at the bottom of character portrait UI:

This only shows up on the rewards screen, the bottom of mail that contains a variant (Prize Fights), the Cabinet of Curiosities, etc... It doesn't show up on the Prize Fight team preview, profiles, or in combat.

The main purpose of this change is to differentiate Special Move borders from variant borders. Early game players mistake Silver / Gold Moves as variants very often, and this will help prevent that. Sorry for the confusion!​

my theory on why BMF is nerfed. Ive been thinking on this because BMF was never in any spot light because of her low atk. personally ive never seen any gold and only 1 diamond in pf.
I think its to prevent a fighter who can RELIABLY disable tag-ins on their own, who would dominate the new rift unblockable tag-in node.
lets look at other fighter who can disable tag-ins,

regally blonde: regular tear detonation is risky and each tear have a chance to disable special moves, BB or tag-ins, still chance based.
no rgrets: guaranteed disable on crit hit, sound good but that 4 seconds is nothing if you need to start another combo. but teamed with a sundae school can extend that up to 7 seconds. then its not solo anymore and who uses sundae school as a main fighter? that pushes the amount of useful fighters on the unblockable tag-in node down to 2.

its cool to plan for balance, i get it. but im just bitter! bitter!

Last edited:
my theory on why BMF is nerfed. Ive been thinking on this because BMF was never in any spot light because of her low atk. personally ive never seen any gold and only 1 diamond in pf.
I think its to prevent a fighter who can RELIABLY disable tag-ins on their own, who would dominate the new rift unblockable tag-in node.
lets look at other fighter who can disable tag-ins,
rainbow double: too much reliance on chance.
regally blonde: regular tear detonation is risky and each tear have a chance to disable special moves, BB or tag-ins, still chance based.
no rgrets: guaranteed disable on crit hit, sound good but that 4 seconds is nothing if you need to start another combo. but teamed with a sundae school can extend that up to 7 seconds. then its not solo anymore and who uses sundae school as a main fighter? that pushes the amount of useful fighters on the unblockable tag-in node down to 2.

its cool to plan for balance, i get it. but im just bitter! bitter!
Rainbow actually disables blockbusters i think

Armed Forces got nerfed! But so did primed. Bio got nerfed too, but wasn’t much of a nerf. Farewell endless immune text, we shall miss you. Also, this update fixed a major issue with Armed Forces where she would DaF me when I tried to use my knockback attack on her while playing as Eliza.

I hope the devs are gracious and give us our rift tier rewards this week even if we are unable to play ;p

They did give out rift rewards for last week today
Yes, but what i mean is, because of preperations for update 3.1, rift battles are currently not available, so depending on how long they are down, we may not be able to play the required amount of matches this week.

If that happens to be the case, i hope we get rewards nonetheless.

Yes, but what i mean is, because of preperations for update 3.1, rift battles are currently not available, so depending on how long they are down, we may not be able to play the required amount of matches this week.

If that happens to be the case, i hope we get rewards nonetheless.
As long as we get four days to play Rifts this week, everyone will be able to get rewards if they use both free tickets on three of those days and then use one ticket on the remaining day.

Reactions: Luke
So with the rift battle downtime, will our ratings decay every 72 hours that we are unable to play?
Nope! We'll take care of this so that no decay occurs.

If the season starts up early, then it will be an extended Rift Battles season that takes place over a period longer than 7 days. We won't force people to purchase paid Rift Tickets just to hit 7 matches.

no key in character power up pack?
now I not have reason buying it T-T

You should separate it into 2 type
1 activate when got new character (with keys)
2 activate when full upgraded tree (No key)

as I am a moderate player who dont have plenty stock of keys... I see no use of the pack if I cant open the key gate...

Last edited:
Reactions: cappatacus
Seeing the loss of keys in character upgrade bundles got me thinking. Would be nice if there was something to do with leftover keys. Like I’ve got 38 bronze keys I’ll never use unless new bronze characters get added. Wish I could sell them or even craft them into better keys.

Seeing the point about BMF. Maybe would be better to apply the Armor Break SA to No Egrets instead since Parasoul is more of a direct damage dealer and leave Frosty’s alone- would still differentiate them without screwing one of them up.

I'm just starting a baby No Egrets, and I wouldn't say no to changing her instead of Bad Ms. Frosty

funny tools for the kitchen, thank you devs ^_^