• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.0.2 Update Notes (Available now!)

Oh hey, we're in maintenance mode now

Fantastic work as always! While adding more and more new features, you still do not forget about tweaking the old stuff, love it!

I agree with StormedSoulz that it would be great to be able to check opponent's Accuracy/Resistance stats to adjust your strategy (AFTER starting the battle, not BEFORE, for obvious reasons).

There would also be a lot of small things about interaction between debuffs, Resistance, Catalysts and SAs. Just an example: Private Dick has 50% resistance to debuffs as part of his SA. Does that mean that he will not benefit from any additional Resistance due to 50% cap? Is he still able to resist Catalyst-provided debuffs (Scratching Post anyone?) using his SA? Will Accuracy be able to bring it up to 75%?

Ooohh, can't wait to try all these new toys! Thank you, Hidden Variable!!!

Reactions: S493
ACCURACY does not increase your chance of activating an SA from a Move or Marquee Ability. RESISTANCE can resist DEBUFFS from Moves and Marquee Abilities however.

Does that mean, if a doublicious with 50% accuracy hits a overclocked with 25% resistance with bogus blizzard, doublicious's chance of stealing overclocked's buff isn't increased ? Since bogus blizzard is a special move.​

Screams in Mariah Carey
You guys I could actually cry, it’s just so beautiful and like heaven.

Does that mean, if a doublicious with 50% accuracy hits a overclocked with 25% resistance with bogus blizzard, doublicious's chance of stealing overclocked's buff isn't increased ? Since bogus blizzard is a special move.​
Doublicious' chance to activate her BUFF steal SA would be increased by 25%, because 50% accuracy - 25% resistance = 25%.

By "Move Signature Ability", I meant the abilities that can be activated by Moves. Such as Luger Replica applying a DEBUFF. Those chances are not increased. Sorry for the confusion.

Doublicious' chance to activate her BUFF steal SA would be increased by 25%, because 50% accuracy - 25% resistance = 25%.

By "Move Signature Ability", I meant the abilities that can be activated by Moves. Such as Luger Replica applying a DEBUFF. Those chances are not increased. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah. Thank you for clarifying.

You guys have yet again done an amazing job! I especially love ALL the NEW characters that are coming out, I'm also thrilled that you brought back the Halloween event, last year I missed it unfortunately, so thanks for bringing it back. Just out of curiosity, will you also bring back the X-mass event? Anyway, thanks for this incredible update, I know I've said it a bunch of times already, you Devs really put a lot of love and passion into this game and I'm grateful for that. THANK YOU SKULLGIRLS TEAM :)

Reactions: Liam
I really like a lot of these updates. It shows how hard the devs have worked on new content and also on balancing old content as well. Really great work.

The only thing I dont understand, that kind of comes like a slap in the face is this:

This is going to turn a lot of my 3/3 moves into 2/3 moves. Moves which I have spent a lot of time acquiring and a lot of coins upgrading.

I'm going to have an RE and Blue Screen with Accuracy, when I have worked on giving them armor break resistance.
I'm going to have a Diva Intervention and Prototype with tag in cooldown, which is completely useless since I never tag them out during a fight. I just want them to have disable resistance against fighters like Love Crafted.

This just doesn't make sense to me. Time and coins were spent on getting these moves and now they're not performing the same way.

It would have made more sense if all different kinds of old resistances turned into the new combined Resistance.
That way all old moves would still perform the same way and fit the same fighters.

And if one move had 2 or 3 types of resistances?
Then it makes sense to turn the 1st one into Resistance and reroll the rest of the resist stats.

Personally I'm not happy with the changes to Circuit Breaker, because it's going to lower Robo Fortune's combo potential a lot, since Circuit Breaker can be used as a combo extender rather early in a combo.
Now, you're put on a more strict timer at that point which limits what you can follow it up with.

Objectively I dont know if it's good or bad, I'm just sad about it because I main robo and it felt so satisfying pulling off those long combos :p

Last edited:
This is going to turn a lot of my 3/3 moves into 2/3 moves. Moves which I have spent a lot of time acquiring and a lot of coins upgrading.
Mine too, i specifically gave some fighters disable and/or cripple resist, on them tag in cooldown is totally useless. And Robo daily was today, if I knew this before i would have saved a couple of moves with better stats that would have been way better that some moves I have equipped, now I have a lot of 10/12 level moves (all my diamonds have all moves that are at least level 10) that I have to change.

It would have made more sense if all different kinds of old resistances turned into the new combined Resistance. That way all old moves would still perform the same way and fit the same fighters.

And if one move had 2 or 3 types of resistances?
Then it makes sense to turn the 1st one into Resistance and reroll the rest of the resist stats.
Yeah it’s tricky how to make this transition. It would make more sense to me to at least do the following:

Cripple resist = Piercing since it’s more likely that you’d keep Cripple on an offensive move.

Disable resist = Accuracy since it’s also more likely that you’d have disable resist on an offensive move preventing debuffs.

Stun/Armor Break resist = Tag in CD since stun resist is more likely to be on a defensive move to beef your character.

Bleed resist makes sense to be the default Resist because it’s what most high level players have invested in building to lv15 as anti-bleed is a thing.

I guess Special Moves CD is a more neutral thing since A high CD burst may be good on defense... and of course on offense Doubles, Peacocks and Bellas would love it.

Anyway, the most disappointing is the fact that something you’ve spent so much time and money on is changed to potentially something you don’t want anymore. I really wished they’d at least give the option for people with lv12 to lv15 moves to do something with them - like a full refund for selling at the very least so you get the canopy coins back. So far no one is rage quitting yet but it certainly is a big slap in the face.

This thing with the stats is shaping up to be a mess. It fundamentally changes a lot of things in the game. You won’t be able to resist mods and catalysts debuff effects. The acc/res interaction is confusing. Lots of specialized move sets are made into something else entirely, and i can just imagine the amount of bugs thats incoming.

I didn't went all the way, but I do have a Resonant Evil with several moves with armor break resist upgraded to level 8/9 (the most I upgraded moved, personally). This will affect that one, which is a bummer. But considering other moves that are now kind of meh will improve, the end result I think will be positive (will have to check to be sure). I like the concept of the update and hope for it to improve the chances of getting good moves.

I can't see the difference between the original big band and treble maker

Hopefully, I get to see the characters' abilities soon (though I'm pretty sure I won't get them anytime soon).

I'll add to the discussion about move changes once I've further collected my thoughts. In the mean time, to ask the burning question on all of our minds - how much theonite will the spooky relic cost?

Well my gold grudge ma twisted mantle with something like 80% armor break resist is totally useless now.

I’m just so thankful I’m so lazy I didn’t make her diamond. That would make me flip.

Private Dick has 50% resistance to debuffs as part of his SA. Does that mean that he will not benefit from any additional Resistance due to 50% cap? Is he still able to resist Catalyst-provided debuffs (Scratching Post anyone?) using his SA? Will Accuracy be able to bring it up to 75%?

We are going to need examples like that from a math textbook. If train A is speeding with x speed for y time how long until we can all calculate this new percentage based stat?

Reactions: Disasterrr19