• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.0.2 Update Notes (Available now!)

Cerebella
  • Brain Freeze
    • Fixed an issue where Brain Freeze could make Painwheel inflict negative damage on her in some rare scenarios.

This made me lol. Hadn’t happened to me but it’s hilarious that that happened.

Looks like an absolutely fantastic update! I like the tweaks made to resistances; means I’ll have to go reequip all my fighters but hey, that’s part of the fun!

Thinking more of it, will Accuracy also help procc the "defense" SAs? I mean, as an example, will my RE mentioned above now have increased % of getting the armor in the first place?

I don't have a lot to say about how they've handled moves beyond that I'm going to probably going to need a few weeks now to really figure out who should be equipped with what.

I am pleased though as I go through the process my initial sorting. I like having more options that are valuable than just +HP% +Atk% +Meter Gain and +Def% and I've been adding a lot of hearts to my move collection as I sort the pile of moves I've been slowly accumulating. It'll be a little hard for a bit, because I need moves with all these new stats that I haven't been collecting, but I view that as a positive. There's more I want from the game now, and in a couple lucky instances I've suddenly got something that's much better than it was before.

(I definitely understand the frustration others have been experiencing. I just wasn't playing in that particular way so I accidentally dodged the problem)

Another question: Does RESISTANCE affect opponent's SA that gives herself buff? Ex: That's All Folks!
If the opponent has 30% ACCURACY and I have 50% RESISTANCE, does she have a 15%*1.3=19.5% chance to inflict ARMOR BREAK and get buffs when hit or 15%(because my RESISTANCE > her ACCURACY) chance when hit?

The idea I want to clarify is: res works only to opponent's SA that affects you or all opponent's SA no matter what

I think the piercing substat is too strong in my opinion. All high level rift attackers will just run at 50% piercing and basically double their damage (since defense goes from 50 to 0). Doubling damage is somewhat broken in my opinion as stall/tanky strats will literally suddenly become unviable. This also makes giving defense stat to rift defenders effectively useless for majority of diamond 1 or 2 fights. It is also relatively easy to spec for, say a single Bella 50% piercing moveset, and use it across multiple dia Harle or Toads and just double the damage for the top 3 rift nodes, while defenders in rift need to adapt 20 fighters movesets to the update changes. with the nerf to armor, I think the trend has definitely been moving towards making rifts easier and making stall-out defense nodes less viable. Rifts will still be competitive with points from time and hp remaining, but the recent changes certainly make some aspects of rift, like trying to make a near unbreakable node or tanky stall nodes and gain points from defense wins, a lot less possible now. In my humble opinion, to deal with armor procs on the toughest defense nodes, piercing could instead be a chance to ignore defensive sa on hit (like a chance based precision) rather than the current setup which effectively makes defense stat worthless opportunity cost - wise since high-level players on offense will near certainly run with full piercing. On another note, I feel Harle or other Bella offense teams are currently wayy too strong with the (near)infinite Merry Gorilla grab cycles. I saw a fix on the realtime pvp, but Harle is still wayyy overutilized as offense for rift due to the meta. I think the recent buffs with piercing will make Harle offense teams even more over-used.

I normally hate playing against real players in fighting games... and this new VS mode hasn't changed that. Competive at least feels fairer than FFA, and a silver lining is that no major rewards are tied to the mode, so I'm thankful there is no pressure to do VS.

The Catalyst modifier changes look interesting. I'd abandoned Rifts but maybe will give them a chance to see how the new changes affect things. Maybe.

The changes to sub-stats, specifically involving Resistance and Accuracy, are a bit confusing. I imagine I'll have to read them a few times to fully understand what they're doing.

All in all, this update adds some nice stuff, but nothing that compels me to come back to the game in a major way. Still holding out for those guild/friend activities.

Well, with this update I've disinstalled the app, too much new things (not needed) and the ones that was waiting for a fix (rift, for example) are still broken.
Let's say that also the inconsistence of fighters that I get from the relics just made it (a bad Star Spangled from a diamond relics, two cannon folder gold from two gold relics, and almost only bronze from more than 60 premier relics, Eliza and three shiny relics), a simple Meow and furever would have been enough, instead I have three Diamond Eliza, three Fortune and two Cerebellas that only waste space. And no, the compensation for dupe diamonds is not enough, 40 shards are nothing (insteaad of the shards, a gold relics, so we can still get the shards and a chance to get a good gold fighter to diamond by ourselfes).
I simply don't have the time (and the will) to rework all the moves from 17 diamond fighters, I spend over an year to get those acceptable stats and now they aren't not so good anymore.

Reactions: Unmarked and Irghen
you can't resist the permanent bleed from HEMOFILIA in Filia's Prize Fight any more.

Is this supposed to happen then ?
Screenshot_20191023-144934_Skullgirls.jpg
From today's medici with hemofilia modifier. Silent kill didn't have bleed from the beginning of that match.

Or did i misunderstand ?

Last edited:
how 50% accuracy behaves in a big band RE on an opponent without resistance

Would be like this ?

MASTER OF UNBLOCKING
Signature Ability 1

Getting HIT has a 60% chance to grant ARMOR for 5/7/10 seconds.
Signature Ability 2
Gain a 55% chance on HIT to STUN opponent for 3/4/5 seconds if you have ARMOR

how 50% accuracy behaves in a big band RE on an opponent without resistance

Would be like this ?

MASTER OF UNBLOCKING
Signature Ability 1

Getting HIT has a 60% chance to grant ARMOR for 5/7/10 seconds.
Signature Ability 2
Gain a 55% chance on HIT to STUN opponent for 3/4/5 seconds if you have ARMOR

I think it is +50% of original chance so 10% to 15%.

I've found I don't have much to add to the list of complaints about stat changes. In all honesty, it may be because my defense teams were already poorly built. My SG took the biggest hit, and is now decked out with lots of piercing and accuracy. However, I'm excited for the change in stats and I'm willing to get through this transition process, even if that means upgrading some new moves.

As for PvP, I've played three matches and all of them were janky due to lag. I can't exactly blame that on design, but it doesn't make me especially excited to play that mode. It wasn't bad, but I would rather stick with Prize Fights.

Loving the update so far,but the only thing that annoys me is that I dont get a win when my oppenent rage quits in versus mode.

Currently stunned by how kind RNG is being for all the relics I've been saving for this update. So many new characters to raise! For now, some superficial notes:

Game name change? Android app store now lists "Skullgirls: Fighting RPG" instead of "Skullgirls Mobile" (could have been this for a while and I'm slow to notice?)

And hooray, the icon fix worked (no longer a square in a white circle). Now if only the screaming decapitated head of Ms. Fortune could be swapped with perhaps a Filia...

Now if only the screaming decapitated head of Ms. Fortune could be swapped with perhaps a Filia...
Totally. The game's called "Skullgirls", not "Ms. Fortune and Friends", right? And I mean, why Robo did not get any comparable attention besides OC being a special palette for Liam?

I would vote for getting back the old icon with Skull Heart, pretty please?

I think Ms Fortune’s head is a fine icon.

The lag is real in some of these matches. Teleporting characters and missing frames.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unmarked
When i saw Lonesome Lenny being listed in the move changes i was hoping he'd finally be pushable by Argus, but from what i understand this is just a bugfix and is basically the same as before?

Also, opponent disconnects in Versus counting as a loss sucks. It's not my fault they ragequit/DC so don't punish the player for it and just count it as a win please :c

Reactions: Pit Frango
From today's medici with hemofilia modifier. Silent kill didn't have bleed from the beginning of that match.

Or did i misunderstand ?
There's a bug with match modifiers still being resisted by resistance. We're looking into it - thanks for the report!

When i saw Lonesome Lenny being listed in the move changes i was hoping he'd finally be pushable by Argus, but from what i understand this is just a bugfix and is basically the same as before?
The fix mentioned that Lenny's SA wasn't working at all, and that's what we resolved in this update. Making Lenny interact with Peacock's projectiles and get pushed around is unfortunately a whole bunch of risky code work that we haven't been able to prioritize since we've been working on versus. I hope we'll be able to get around to those other Lenny improvements sometime soon.