• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Please, return Prizefights with equal matches.

Dennis Aguilar

Reaction score
I only ask to fight again with fighters with FS equal or similar to those of my fighters without having to climb those tedious steps of low FS. Why did you decide to change this combat mode when it was perfect? My strong fighters waste their energy in these types of staggered combats, starting from the lowest to getting bored and wasting my time. I love how the Prizefight mode was before, so it was perfect. What will I do now if the Prizefight mode does not return to what it was before? I no longer have a story mode to continue and this new form of fighting has not been of any use to me, nor do my fighters gain any advantage.Captura2_716-min.png My fighters fought with fighters chosen according to my FS. If my fighters are strong, they fight against strong peelers. That combat mode is Perfect for me !!!

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
I only ask to fight again with fighters with FS equal or similar to those of my fighters without having to climb those tedious steps of low FS. Why did you decide to change this combat mode when it was perfect? My strong fighters waste their energy in these types of staggered combats, starting from the lowest to getting bored and wasting my time. I love how the Prizefight mode was before, so it was perfect. What will I do now if the Prizefight mode does not return to what it was before? I no longer have a story mode to continue and this new form of fighting has not been of any use to me, nor do my fighters gain any advantage.View attachment 649 My fighters fought with fighters chosen according to my FS. If my fighters are strong, they fight against strong peelers. That combat mode is Perfect for me !!!
The previous PF was too easy to grind in, this new system promotes the use of specific counter fighters. I'm pretty sure you get more exp from this new PF at high streaks too. Just use your weaker fighters at low streaks and build up to your strong ones. I think the higher streaks provide a much bigger challenge than any story mode mission.

The previous PF was too easy to grind in, this new system promotes the use of specific counter fighters. I'm pretty sure you get more exp from this new PF at high streaks too. Just use your weaker fighters at low streaks and build up to your strong ones. I think the higher streaks provide a much bigger challenge than any story mode mission.
What happens is that I do not have weak, only strong. Already my collection of characters is almost complete. That's why this kind of weak combat is not useful for me. What a pity that they have implemented this type of combat, it would have been better if they had created another new combat mode and not change the Prizefight mode that was already perfect as it was before. What a pity...

What happens is that I do not have weak, only strong. Already my collection of characters is almost complete. That's why this kind of weak combat is not useful for me. What a pity that they have implemented this type of combat, it would have been better if they had created another new combat mode and not change the Prizefight mode that was already perfect as it was before. What a pity...
They were pretty good exp farms but thats not the point of prize fights tbh.

this might be where continued development in the endgame stages are needed. as of now there's only Accursed Experiments and that is only a beginner's step 'cause i can barrel through that with a lv40 Diva Intervention and a lv25 spare of any silver/gold character

I completely agree with you. This prize fight seems to earn you less exp for more fighting. You have to play more to get as far as you once could. The relic odds and now this.. it seems every update is making the game harder for the players to do well (And I'm not taking about challenges, I'm talking about deliberate obstacles). But it seems we are in the minority

Reactions: vucaar
I only ask to fight again with fighters with FS equal or similar to those of my fighters without having to climb those tedious steps of low FS. Why did you decide to change this combat mode when it was perfect? My strong fighters waste their energy in these types of staggered combats, starting from the lowest to getting bored and wasting my time. I love how the Prizefight mode was before, so it was perfect. What will I do now if the Prizefight mode does not return to what it was before? I no longer have a story mode to continue and this new form of fighting has not been of any use to me, nor do my fighters gain any advantage.View attachment 649 My fighters fought with fighters chosen according to my FS. If my fighters are strong, they fight against strong peelers. That combat mode is Perfect for me !!!
I totally agree with you. Please please go back to the old prize fights

Yes but getting to that level is booooring because the higher level fighters I want to fight are just sitting there.

I know the game, in general, had become a "piece of cake" for the advance/expert players because the old system of prize fights gave them a lot of opportunities to get points easily. But, I can assure that this kind of players entered, not for the rewards anymore, just to get exp for the characters, and now, at least for me, it becomes a patience exercise to see if I can arrive to the true fights before I close the game.

You could think this can be an opened door to the beginners and initial players to participate on prize fights and you're totally right but, at the same time, reduce the possibilities to advance with fluency to this players too and I will try to explain:
Yeah, you start with a very low FS on streak, accessible for any player, but I know that the beginner has a reduced roaster (I start playing 10 minutes because I ran out of energy months ago and making a little exception with new players that reachs the great compensation months ago) and, on the same situation, this kind of players won't get a good amount of points, will ran out of energy soon and the most important, won't get a decent amount of exp. It's only a supposition putting on the same situation I was when I used to be a novice, and maybe I will be wrong to you but I hope you will understand my point.

Off topic: Same situation for daily missions, it gives me less motivation now.

P.S.: I have to clear that I'm not an all-day player, I play on the end of the day in general but even with this reduced time I don't have the same feel of comfort or enjoyment than the old version.

P.S.2: I have to clear also, that the update is intended to be more inclusive and that's the time for beginners and normal players to enter with all the powers to all game modes (except for the new economy on daily events), and the mid or expert players could feel stuck (we're not but we have to put more time to reach the real challenge) but we will have to wait, the devs surely will be working on content to the players that have time on the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke and PHPP
I totally agree with you. Please please go back to the old prize fights
The problem lies mainly in that you do not start with fights equivalent to the FS of your fighters, but that they want you to start from below, with the weakest and bad fighters you have. My fighters are very strong for these low FS fights, which only discourage me because I can not use my favorite fighters; it's with them that I want to use them in fights of my same level, and expecting to fight about 15 times before using a favorite and strong fighter is very depressing.

The issue is that it's much tougher for newer players to get settled in and farm exp when the PF is like this. For veterans it's an awesome update with great play value, but for new players with not enough strong characters and supporting moves, placing in the top 10% is dramatically ramped up in difficulty. I'm personally loving this update, but that's because I've built up a collection of capable units that can carry me through the early and late stages of streak building. There should be some changes made to balance this out for newer players though. I can't even BEGIN to imagine restarting now with like 5 bronzes to my name.

I personally think a new mode could be added? A mode designated for exp farming up your lower level characters so that they can become strong enough to even fight in the new PF mode in the first place?

From what I can tell from looking over everyone’s responses, it would seem that people are particularly upset about fighting through easy teams to get to 16 to fight challenging fights. The root of this issue appears to be that it gives very little experience. I have a couple inputs to this point specifically.

Prize fights before 2.2, pre streak 16 were never experience intensive. If you were matching with a high level team pre patch, you were wasting your time with minimal experience gains from a lack of any longshot modifiers. The reason prizefights were so lucrative with experience was from getting the longshot experience boost as high as possible on the highest FS teams. A majority of late game players ran through the first 16 fights with weak 3-4k single carries pre patch, and this is the best way to handle it now as well. The inefficient route was made more inefficient, as a cost to make the more efficient route more engaging, efficient, and lucrative.

From what I can tell from looking over everyone’s responses, it would seem that people are particularly upset about fighting through easy teams to get to 16 to fight challenging fights. The root of this issue appears to be that it gives very little experience. I have a couple inputs to this point specifically.

Prize fights before 2.2, pre streak 16 were never experience intensive. If you were matching with a high level team pre patch, you were wasting your time with minimal experience gains from a lack of any longshot modifiers. The reason prizefights were so lucrative with experience was from getting the longshot experience boost as high as possible on the highest FS teams. A majority of late game players ran through the first 16 fights with weak 3-4k single carries pre patch, and this is the best way to handle it now as well. The inefficient route was made more efficient, as a cost to make the more efficient route more engaging, efficient, and lucrative.
I actually agree with this, a lot of the times before I did see people in particular upset they couldn't get past like, for example, their 5th streak because of the difficulty ramping up as you went along. It specifically forced you to have a "perfect" team which, for later players it was a boon to keep going. However, this wasn't inclusive to beginner players because they had to "get good" and get the better units.

Yes, it is rather annoying to have to fight easier fights as a more experienced player with at least 4 level 50 golds, but honestly? It's not too much an issue to have an easier streak and work my way up with a really weak or even level 1 fighter because prize fights weren't really "much" on exp to begin with. Even so, the strategy remains the same, the only thing that changes is simply deciding as ImaiKari stated: The efficient route, or, the inefficient route to grind for your exp. You could easily start with low leveled fighters and then work your way up to your favorite, powered up group with one weak character, or go all in with the low leveled fighters and go as you can until you are strong enough to get further up in your prize fights.

I'm personally loving this update, but that's because I've built up a collection of capable units that can carry me through the early and late stages of streak building. There should be some changes made to balance this out for newer players though. I can't even BEGIN to imagine restarting now with like 5 bronzes to my name.

I personally think a new mode could be added? A mode designated for exp farming up your lower level characters so that they can become strong enough to even fight in the new PF mode in the first place?

That said, I also agree with Zuzuska here. Normally, the way to grind up EXP happens to be the daily character events... But this isn't very much a "good option" as opposed to simply being there to grind emblems / sigils for the characters to use in their nodes. Accursed Experiments is a huge boon to the advanced / expert players as they go along, but it wouldn't hurt to have a weekly / daily event where similar to A.E where the opponent's Fighter Score is bumped up quite a bit to make the maps a good way to grind exp with weaker fighters.

For example, the basic difficulty fighters begin with a fight score of about 1.5k and then the boss is say, 2k

advanced difficulty is around 2- 3k and up and so on with the expert difficulty sitting at a comfy 5k+ difficulty to keep the players wanting to continue grinding. (This scaling isn't accurate of course, this is just my assumption of what would be good to grind up anyone's weaker characters) Later players still get to keep A.E, and beginner players can use both the prize fights as well as the exp grinding mode to get where they need to!

I actually agree with this, a lot of the times before I did see people in particular upset they couldn't get past like, for example, their 5th streak because of the difficulty ramping up as you went along. It specifically forced you to have a "perfect" team which, for later players it was a boon to keep going. However, this wasn't inclusive to beginner players because they had to "get good" and get the better units.

Yes, it is rather annoying to have to fight easier fights as a more experienced player with at least 4 level 50 golds, but honestly? It's not too much an issue to have an easier streak and work my way up with a really weak or even level 1 fighter because prize fights weren't really "much" on exp to begin with. Even so, the strategy remains the same, the only thing that changes is simply deciding as ImaiKari stated: The efficient route, or, the inefficient route to grind for your exp. You could easily start with low leveled fighters and then work your way up to your favorite, powered up group with one weak character, or go all in with the low leveled fighters and go as you can until you are strong enough to get further up in your prize fights.

That said, I also agree with Zuzuska here. Normally, the way to grind up EXP happens to be the daily character events... But this isn't very much a "good option" as opposed to simply being there to grind emblems / sigils for the characters to use in their nodes. Accursed Experiments is a huge boon to the advanced / expert players as they go along, but it wouldn't hurt to have a weekly / daily event where similar to A.E where the opponent's Fighter Score is bumped up quite a bit to make the maps a good way to grind exp with weaker fighters.

For example, the basic difficulty fighters begin with a fight score of about 1.5k and then the boss is say, 2k

advanced difficulty is around 2- 3k and up and so on with the expert difficulty sitting at a comfy 5k+ difficulty to keep the players wanting to continue grinding. (This scaling isn't accurate of course, this is just my assumption of what would be good to grind up anyone's weaker characters) Later players still get to keep A.E, and beginner players can use both the prize fights as well as the exp grinding mode to get where they need to!
I think you can not understand. Those of us who already have our strong fighters, we no longer use fighters with low levels because we no longer have or because we simply do not want to raise the level of fighters that we do not want and are not of benefit to us. So, if we only have strong fighters, what use is there to fight with weak fighters if we do not get the necessary experience to increase the level?

I think you can not understand. Those of us who already have our strong fighters, we no longer use fighters with low levels because we no longer have or because we simply do not want to raise the level of fighters that we do not want and are not of benefit to us. So, if we only have strong fighters, what use is there to fight with weak fighters if we do not get the necessary experience to increase the level?
I think you're right, I do not understand.

If you are only seeking to level up stronger fighters, there is already the Accursed Experiments mode to help out expert or advanced players with stronger fighters.

The prize fights already as it stands do not give a large amount of exp as before simply because they were not meant to be an exp grinding mode, rather, the exp is a side bonus.

If you just want to make your stronger fighters even more stronger until they cannot level up anymore, your best bet is to go for the Accursed Experiments mode at this point in time. Otherwise, I doubt that Prize Fight mode will go back to the way it was because the problem is that it's not meant to be grinding for exp, it's meant to be getting enough points with a streak to win prizes.

At this point I would rather argue to get an exp map like Zuzuska had suggested since we do not have the option of fighting random strong teams as we use to on a whim back on the beta version. (I believe it was called action mode? I'm not too sure.)

Last edited:
Sorry that we've been a bit silent on all the feedback!
We've been focusing our attention on addressing critical 2.2 issues that have popped up, but please know that we're reading everything you post!

I think that a lot of these points are perfectly valid, but I also believe the community needs more time to sit on this before telling us to revert everything back to the way it was before.
We made these changes with a lot of careful planning, and most of the negative feedback we've received so far has been expected - it's going to take time to adjust!

We would much rather hear about changes that you would like to see to our current Prize Fights instead of "please revert the changes."
While Prize Fights were (and still ARE) a huge source of grindable experience, please remember that Prize Fights do not exist for the sole purpose of providing experiencing to Gold Fighters.

Please keep the feedback coming, everyone - we're watching!

I guess the only thing that Dennis want (I don't know how to make a mention) is to "get back" the matchmaking system, he's not complaining about the actual dynamic, I don't know how to explain with better words and I hope you understand this point.

I will have to admit, I talked before time (hable de dientes para afuera si es que hay alguien que hable español) and now I like some points and still don't like others (I'll try to talk about prize fights only) and I will try to explain:

Good points:
- More variety on opponent teams (a lot I have to say, but for example, I start to find a lot of teams with Wulfsbane and Brainfreeze, I have to say that it still being repetitive (but now it's our fault)).
- Prize fights are now inclusive for any player (at least for the first 4 streaks, then it would become hard).
- The challenge raise and try to "stop" the infinite streaks (and the outstanding scores, I'm grateful with this point)

Bad points:
- Beginners (that maybe went to prize fights to grow their characters to fight on story mode or yeah, for get the prizes at least on bronze), mid players and expert players willl receive less xp and consume more energy (if you have a reduced roaster, you will suffer this a lot), and sure, like you said, Prize fights isn't a xp mode and the accursed experiments now exists but you can get the true xp only once per week, and I could bet the Prize Fights and Daily missions are the main reasons to advance and expert players to get back to the road (play the game again) and, to finish this point, like other user said, one TIP (advice) on loading screen say that if you want xp for your fighters, go to the prize fights (But I will have to corroborate if this advice still exists on the newest version).
- Defense teams doesn't fight (this point is cleared by the devs already, it is a bug, thanks for the information!).
- ONLY FOR OLDER (and not for all of this kind of) PLAYERS: The first 5 or first 10 streaks, Dennis, for example, want to fight against similar FS teams since the streak zero (0), I'm agree with this, but now, not totally if the new matchmaking is more inclusive for all the players.

P.S.: I thought the milestone rewards would improve to compensate the reduced Daily Missions but they are the same (I'm not complaining, I just sharing a supposition I had).

Last edited:
Personally, I really like the new fighting system for prize fight. It actually make it way more fun, instead of mindless grinding to get to higher streak.

The only complain I have is crashing of the app. I hope you guys get this sorted out soon.

The only complain I have is crashing of the app. I hope you guys get this sorted out soon.
I'd love to hear more!

How often do you crash? How many fights before it happens?
On what screens are you crashing on the most?

Reactions: Kyothu
I'd love to hear more!

How often do you crash? How many fights before it happens?
On what screens are you crashing on the most?
Hi Liam, I crashed when I opened new move relics that I won from prize fight. Crashed again at finish screen of streak 5, 7, 10, 11, and 15 of gold fight. Streak 4 or 5 of silver fight. So it loaded the finish screen, no next button, no back button, nothing work. It did the same thing at daily fight. Almost every single fights at fillia expert prize fight, and once at big band expert, haven't crashed at all at Valentine's or beowlful.

When I started up the app, sometimes it doesn't start, just black screen, I have to force closed, and start again. Or if it open, it pixelated in black. I have the screenshots, just can't upload it here.