• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

[Rift] Arranged timeframe for players to arrange fair matchups

Dusty00

Reaction score
One of the main reasons many folks don’t like rift is that they do not think they are matched against “fair” opponents. Until the devs can have a chance to tune matchmaking, what if players make an attempt to coordinate here and/or on discord certain schedules for players to more likely match against others of similar top20 characters FS and collection?

Kind of taking the idea of the precious Free for All PVP model, we can as a community set certain range of time for people to match up.

One way to start is to just have people post what their rank, collection (top20 FS), time zone, and when they usually have time to play.

for example, mine is:

Top20 FS: Around 430k
Time Zone: EST
Availability: 5-9pm

Once we gather enough information from the community, then we can designate certain hours for people to have a better chance at matching someone “fair”.

I do worry about malicious individuals taking this data to snipe or farm wins for streak, but let’s see where we can get with this initial efforts until next rift patch.

If you have other ideas or thought, please comment. I’m also not volunteering to organize and compile data. I see my role as posing the idea and hope that someone else might take over with a new thread.

Sorry, but I don't think that this is going to work. In my opinion, 80% of rift players would like to have a game or two after they get home from work/school/university, and that will be around 6-10 pm. So reserving this time just for several groups of players would be unfair to others.

Let's say I'm in G2 right now and I want to play with other G2's. I have free time at CST 9 pm, but other G2 players already decided that 7 pm suits them and 9 pm is reserved by D2 folks. So what, do I have to keep myself from playing rifts because the matchmaking system would just give me a D2 opponent (or, most likely, I will get No Match Found message)? Do I have to change my work schedule to be able to play at one dedicated time? That kinda turns the game into second work...

Sorry, but I don't think that this is going to work. In my opinion, 80% of rift players would like to have a game or two after they get home from work/school/university, and that will be around 6-10 pm. So reserving this time just for several groups of players would be unfair to others.

Let's say I'm in G2 right now and I want to play with other G2's. I have free time at CST 9 pm, but other G2 players already decided that 7 pm suits them and 9 pm is reserved by D2 folks. So what, do I have to keep myself from playing rifts because the matchmaking system would just give me a D2 opponent (or, most likely, I will get No Match Found message)? Do I have to change my work schedule to be able to play at one dedicated time? That kinda turns the game into second work...
You’re not kidding about the game turning into second work...

Anyway, I think the beauty is that unlike the old Free for All where you cannot enter, these time periods are more just a reference and option. I know I won’t use it, but for some people maybe they’d rather wait two hours to match someone their strength than to queue up right after work and get smacked down by top 3.

The purpose isn’t to restrict and say you cannot queue outside of certain times. It is the opposite, where by knowing when people around your strength tend to queue up then you have the option to join those guys. It increases the likelihood of people enjoying their matches more. At least you can then plan when during those hours of free time you have to do Rift.

I think it might really just come down to using the forum to post preferences, then individuals use discord to contact and arrange matches.