• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Umbrella Palette Ideas

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
Umbrella is going to need lots of coordinated color outfits. A new character to SGM will need at least 11 (2 bronze, 3 silver, 4 gold, 2 diamond) to catch up with everybody else!

It's palette predicting/picking time! Use this thread to suggest ideas or make your own.

How to make an Umbrella palette:
1. Go to the Skullgirls Mobile Palette Editor made by the brilliant @Krazete - https://sgmpalette.netlify.app/
2. Select the "Custom" icon
3. Focus on coloring the Umbrella standing in idle pose (as seen in the False Color Maps tweet shown above)
4. Once finished, download the PNG
5. Post it in this thread and tell us about it!

For example:

Umbrella: Parasoul (Skullgirls)
Hungern: Krieg (Skullgirls)
Notes: An easy, in-universe reference to her sister is practically required.
parasoul.png

Back before Eliza and the rest, this page was made to describe the characters up for vote into the roster: https://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

Here are some gameplay inspiration palettes for Umbrella.

Umbrella: May (Guilty Gear Strive)
Hungern: anchor
may.png
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Umbrella: Holy Order Sol (Guilty Gear: Accent Core)
Hungern: slab sword
order-sol.png

Umbrella: Roll (Marvel vs Capcom / Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Megaman series)
Hungern: broom
Notes: Roll doesn't wear a hat, so experimenting with hair color and the brim acting as the lime ribbon.
roll.png

Umbrella: Shuma-Gorath (Marvel Super Heroes/Marvel vs Capcom series)
Hungern: Shuma-Gorath
Notes: Hungern is the familiar 1P green Shuma-Gorath with Umbrella being the 2P magenta version. In the Marvel comics, Shuma-Gorath first appeared pink, and later appeared regularly as a green interdimensional monster.
shuma-gorath.png

I couldn’t figure out how to do a PNG, Guess I’m not as tech savvy as I thought, anyway here’s some of my ideas!

29D0581C-A06A-4955-8970-7913CDACD776.jpeg
Umbrella: Bandana Waddle dee (Kirby series, and abbreviated as BWD)
Hungarian: BWD’s parasol

It’s true that BWD has a parasol but he hardly ever uses it and I feel his short stature is much more akin to umbrella. Besides, we need more kirby fighters! Also I didn’t realize you could tap on the fighter picture to go directly to the part you want to change, that makes this process so much faster and I feel super dumb. Bit of a theme for today.

_umbrella1_by_krazete.png
Umbrella: Laverne (Day of the Tentacle or Dott)
Hungarian: purple tentacle (from the game)

Have you ever played Dott? You should it’s one of the best adventure games ever made. Crazy Laverne is one of my favorite video game charecters and although she didn’t translate quite as well into a custom Pallete, I’d still like to see her get a refrence in the game. Hungarian looks pretty good as purple tentacle, the white handle represents purple tentacles beard when he gets older.

_umbrella1_by_krazete 2.png
umbrella: Luigi (super mario)
Hungarian King boo

I can’t believe there’s no luigi pallete! I know
Parasouls taller, but umbrella is the younger sister. The colors go well together and I think it’s cool to have a ghost floating overhead. King boo is supposed to be transparent but that doesn’t look so well here, Looks dope in the game though! The handle for hungarian is Lugis vacuum by the way. The perfect “card pose” for this fighter would be one where umbrellas pulling on Hungarian but he’s accidentally reversed himself (an umbrella in the wind), so it’d look like umbrellas pulling in a ghost.

Attachments

• _umbrella1_by_krazete.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
One palette idea I think could be fun would be one based on Audrey and Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors, with Umbrella being human Audrey and Hungern being plant Audrey.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Umbrella: Lil' Slugger (Paranoia Agent)
Hungern: golden baseball bat
lil-slugger.png

Umbrella: Efi Oladele (Overwatch)
Hungern: Orisa (Overwatch)
efi.png

Umbrella: Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers series)
Hungern: summoned blades/weights
hsien-ko.png

Finally got 100 million in fireworks show, thought I’d celebrate with some custom palettes!

_umbrella1_by_krazete 3.png
Umbrella: Ness (Earthbound)
Hungern: Mr.Saturn

Man do I love earthbound, all the mother games really. And I think ness’ color scheme merges really well with umbrellas. Hungern looks cute as a mr Saturn too. If you haven’t played Earthboudn check it out, Ness is more than just a PK fire spammer.
_umbrella1_by_krazete 6.png

Umbrella: Daisy (super Mario)
Hungern: Toad

I’m 85% sure that parasoul has a princess peach pallete so Umbrella must have a daisy palette, she’s a princess too!

_umbrella1_by_krazete 4.png
Umbrella: Parrapa (Parrapa the rapper)
Hungern: Sunny Funny

PAH-rappah! Anyone ever play that game? It’s wonderfully original. Hungern looks good, but umbrella could isn’t the best pick for a Parrapa palette, none of the fighters are really. Putting the refrence aside, I still think she looks really nice. Dapper if you will.

_umbrella1_by_krazete 5.png

Umbrella: Samus fusion suit (Metroid Fusion)
Hungern: Metroid

I know we already have two samus palletes and one metroid, but I couldn’t resist. Hungern is the perfect metroid candidate. Kerogen has better eyes, but hungern has the wider body. I think I should have make him a different shade of green but whatever. Actually I’ve needed the specific metroid shade of green for a lot of pallete ideas, but I can never make it on my own. Anyway, umbrella looks cool in the fusion suit and although some people don’t like it, it’s still one of my favorite metroid suits.

_umbrella1_by_krazete 7.png
Umbrella: Cube (liveAlive)
Hungern: OD-10 (aka the mother computer)

LiveAlive! The obscure Japan only square title thag captures the hearts of millions, including me. I know none of you have played this one! I noticed a lot of my palletes featured humans so I knew I had to get a robot in there somewhere. And since umbrella has a cap that makes her the perfect pick for a cube cosplay, better than robo fortune. But forgot what I’m saying, go play live alive now! Or at least look into it….

Well that’s all for now, I think I’m probably thorough with umbrella pallete ideas. But who knows what the future holds? In any case I’ll defiantly make some more general palletes. Can’t wait until I’m really releases and we can come back and see all the rejected ideas. Fun!

Jumping on the Nintendo bandwagon too:
Umbrella: Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. series)
Hungern: left, Perry (Super Princess Peach), right, Piranha Plant (Super Mario Bros.)

u2-peach.png

Umbrella: Peridot (Steven Universe)
Hungern: limb enhancers
peridot.png

Umbrella: Satsuki Kusakabe (My Neighbor Totoro)
Hungern: Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
satsuki-kusakabe.png

And now a trio from TV shows:

Umbrella: Luz Noceda (The Owl House)
Hungern: wooden staff
luz.png

Umbrella: Lydia Deetz (Beetlejuice)
Hungern: Beetlejuice
lydia-deetz.png

Umbrella: Ai Ohto (Wonder Egg Priority)
Hungern: multi-colored ballpoint pen mace
ai-ohto.png

Umbrella: Adeline (Kirby)
Hungern: Ribbon (Kirby)

This one is probably my favorite palette I've made honestly I really hope something similar is added
Gah! Beat me to it, this was on my list of palettes to make. Umbrella and ado have prettt similar outfits I think, good job!

One palette idea I think could be fun would be one based on Audrey and Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors, with Umbrella being human Audrey and Hungern being plant Audrey.
Your wish is my command!
_umbrella0_by_krazete.png
Here she is! Oh by the way I went with the movie version of audry, rather than the 1960s movie. Did you know the original Broadway audry is the same one in the movie because she played the role so well? Audry two was easy, and although he’s got a nice set of choppers here in the full game hunagern will have plenty of spiky teeth to resemble our favorite plant.

Umbrella was tricky as i didn’t realize jsut how often Audrey changes outfits in the movie. I tried to do the housewife dress from the dream montage, but it didn’t fit with umbrellas design, so I went with the final dress we see audry in before she gets eaten. Hope you like it, let me know if you’d have done anything different!

Your wish is my command!
View attachment 14326
Here she is! Oh by the way I went with the movie version of audry, rather than the 1960s movie. Did you know the original Broadway audry is the same one in the movie because she played the role so well? Audry two was easy, and although he’s got a nice set of choppers here in the full game hunagern will have plenty of spiky teeth to resemble our favorite plant.

Umbrella was tricky as i didn’t realize jsut how often Audrey changes outfits in the movie. I tried to do the housewife dress from the dream montage, but it didn’t fit with umbrellas design, so I went with the final dress we see audry in before she gets eaten. Hope you like it, let me know if you’d have done anything different!
Looks neat, thanks! Nice touch on the ice cream being blood red, that's what I was thinking too. I think the only things I would've done differently are making the hat the same color as the other clothes and the handle the color of a plant pot.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Hello! Been awhile since anyone’s done any Umbrella palettes, so let’s remedy that!

Umbrella: Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Hungern: Mallow (Super Mario RPG)

Geno fits great with umbrella I think, if he can’t get in smash then maybe Skullgirls?

_umbrella1_by_krazete 3.png
Umbrella:
Prince Fleaswallow (Parrapa the Rapper)

Hungern: Instructor Mooselini (PTR)

Looked better in my head, but still a fun idea nonetheless

_umbrella0_by_krazete.png
umbrella: Ickis (Aagh real monsters!)
Hungern: Oblina (ARM)
Ice cream: Crum (ARM)

One of my favorite cartoons! And hungern looks great as oblina! Umbrella is okay but I’d really like to see an oblina palette.

_umbrella1_by_krazete 2.png
Umbrella: Iny Miny (Ace Attorney )
Hungern: Turner Grey (AA Justice for all)

Here’s a weird choice! Turner grey is an obscure charecter but I always liked him. I think the iny miny pallete looks, like, totally, like, great with umbrella. If you haven’t played ace attorney, go do it now!

That’s all for umbrella, but I’ve got plenty more in the works for the other characters for another day. See ya!

Hello, hello. With the anticipation of Umbrella’s release at an all time high, more or less, I have once again graced you with the labors of my imagination… man, I need to use this account more often…
EFAD0112-03AD-4F03-A93E-A89230098FD4.png
1) Dream Eater (Dark)
Ref: Sackboy/Negativitron (LittleBigPlanet)
DEB25644-05F3-487E-BC8A-E89F3A3A8469.png
2) Lunch Pac (Light)
Ref: Blinky/PAC-MAN (PAC-MAN)

B3AFD55B-0AB7-425B-B9AD-7A8B3537A571.png
3) Power Plant (Air)
Ref: Bowser Jr./Piranha Plant (Super Mario)

E2348A1D-7052-4A93-94FA-EED5129C15E1.png
4) Cake Boss (Fire)
Ref: Princess Plump/Cake (Fat Princess)

00C2C98A-45EF-469D-BB39-2840739805D2.png
5) Bird Feed (Water)
Ref: Gloria/Cramorant (Pokémon)

Personally speaking, the last one’s my favorite.