• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Unholy Host Balance Adjustments

Maybe add 5 stacks of wither, thereby Dhalia will be True Vampire

Nerf Death Wish too pls, her skills is too powerfull.
The reason why Death Wish was not nerfed is “Easy to counter”. Yes, very simple. All you have to do is prevent it from activating her signature 2, so you can easily counter it with a non-resurrection effect or precision finish.
The fighter who has countermeasures for Death wish is Head Hunter, Heart of Darkness, Biting Cold, Rainbow Bright, Red Velvet, X-bot, Overclocked, buffed Windswept… and many.
But for Unholy, signature 1’s HEX and CURSE are almost unavoidable, countermeasures are very limited. I’m sure that it’s too hard to fight against current Unholy properly without Model Leader or Rose Tinted. In the first place, it's very crazy to be able to inflict hex so easily for such a long time!

So the kids cried that they couldn't win and now there's a nerf. Just great, when to expect a nerf of Death wish, assassin's greed, leader model and splitting image because someone cried?

The reason why Death Wish was not nerfed is “Easy to counter”. Yes, very simple. All you have to do is prevent it from activating her signature 2, so you can easily counter it with a non-resurrection effect or precision finish.
The fighter who has countermeasures for Death wish is Head Hunter, Heart of Darkness, Biting Cold, Rainbow Bright, Red Velvet, X-bot, Overclocked, buffed Windswept… and many.
But for Unholy, signature 1’s HEX and CURSE are almost unavoidable, countermeasures are very limited. I’m sure that it’s too hard to fight against current Unholy properly without Model Leader or Rose Tinted. In the first place, it's very crazy to be able to inflict hex so easily for such a long time!
What about HEX, that Death Wish inflict easyly to anybody?

But you can avoid hex and corse if have resistance🌚

What about HEX, that Death Wish inflict easyly to anybody?
She needs 7 hit combo count for it. Best pull her out using Outtake and kill her with a low hit count like Beo or Robo laser. Precision and Hex also work on denying her SA. She is not unavoidable.

Screenshot_20230603_182919_Skullgirls~2.jpglook at this. How i win with shield you made and limited time. Im asking to you. I spending my money for this ****

• Haha
Reactions: Zweerg
Screenshot_20230603_183734_Skullgirls~2.jpgi do complain all the time about fight in rift battle. Unfair shield and limit time you made are insane. if you do not accept this criticism maybe you should check your psyche. Please give me back my money. You really make me upset

I wish that cerebella - Heavy Handed got a little adjustment too, we don't even use cerebella charge attack that much and those buffs being removed after the next hit is a waste

Hey everyone,

We are constantly monitoring the performance of the Fighters currently available in Skullgirls Mobile to make sure none are particularly over or under performing. With over 200 Fighters, that’s no small task!

Normally, we aim to make balance adjustments for several Fighters at once rather than singling out specific Fighters, however, Black Dahlia - Unholy Host in particular has been dominating in all modes, so we’ve made some targeted adjustments that will go live in our next major update.

But Unholy Host has been in the game for months! Why are we only adjusting her now?

Put simply, we try to avoid making any balance adjustments too quickly on any new additions. Often Fighters that are deemed extremely low or high tiered after launch eventually settle into more expected ranges. We wanted to keep an eye on Unholy Host before making snap judgements, but she has maintained her overbearing presence, and here we are!

DaEpYKt.png

BLACK DAHLIA - UNHOLY HOST

OCCULT STATUS

OLD SIGNATURE ABILITY:

NEW SIGNATURE ABILITY:

HEX is a notoriously powerful Debuff, and Unholy Host’s easy access to it allowed her to steamroll virtually any defense team with little effort. HEX also made her a juggernaut on defense, as it shut down any attacking Signature Abilities with little way to avoid it. By removing HEX and keeping her access to CURSE, Unholy Host can still deal with many of the heaviest hitting Fighters out there, but she’ll need to work a little harder!

Similarly, having Unholy Host’s health drain trigger off any debuff was a teensy bit far reaching. Now to get maximum benefits you’ll need to maintain the Curse from her first Signature Ability, or inflict it with her EMPOWER Blockbuster.

If you have any questions about these adjustments, let us know down below!
Thanks so much as always for all your support!

All of us at Hidden Variable <3
very upset about the change she was fine as she was all you need to counter unholy host is another dahlia with tea slip... BOOM and she's useless but a bunch of idiots cried and now she's meh. Hex was one of the things that made her special, there is a whole bunch of variants that can use curse and far better than unholy (beast king). Really hope they roll back the decision before it's official but I doubt it

So, iam mad, rlly mad lol, bc i invest so much time on her, Uhost is the top tier fighter rn, BUT you can easily counter her: rose tinted, model leader or a Black Dahlia with "Tea Slip". The nerf is rlly awfull in my opinion, if you guys gonna remove the hex, at least let her regen from any debuff, she will keep easily to counter, A LOT of fighters are broken and do not receive a nerf, assasins greed that do not lose HP, model leader with her 5 auto block, split image with inf HP regen and imunity, these are just some defenses that are broken
I wholeheartedly agree mate. I made an account just so I could state this exact same issue thanks

As for me, the rebalance proposed by the developers is a bit unfair. The update is intended for those who are tired of losing Prize Fights and Rift Battles because of her (I fully understand such people "I'm in your club"), but at the same time they forgot those who have UH and use her. I agree that today, in most cases, she is almost impossible to defeat (in some cases, even impossible), but by removing the HEX you deprive one of the few characters capable of this effect and still be strong in combat (reference on Red Velvet, which is used only for the sake of HEX and no more). You can, for example, reduce the duration of HEX and CURSE by 15 or 10 seconds (I don’t see anything wrong with this Aoskull), and her DRAIN HEALTH can either be reduced, or so that it is activated if the opponent has 3 or 4 negative effects at a time (and a stack one effect does not count). The second issue concerns all Black Dahlia's, namely her Marquee Ability: NO TIME TO DIE. He's quite strong on his own, most of the time he can be countered, but in cases with UH, she becomes unbeatable with him. This can be fixed, for example by landing 5 combos instead of on every critical hit.

I don't really have the free time to go deep into the game's deepest game mode when tbh I haven't been able to play at all in a month, but...

I feel based on the reactions here, it's important to note that when considering how strong something is, it's important to realize it's not to be analyzed in a vaccum. You can counter her SA with a good handful of things, sure. Now, add her MA on. A few counters become weakened quite a bit. Add autoimmune, and you take away even more. Blockbusted? A lot of cleanse options to all those buffs her MA and catalysts and rift mods are giving her have been completely gutted since SAs are off the table. It's not unusual you're dedicating multiple team members to just her at this point. And if you're able to use multiple teammates, so is your opponent. So, once you get through her, you have to more defenders to deal with. Defenders that can be designed to counter the counters to UHost.

And in rift, you're not just fighting the team. You're also fighting the timer, the BB bonus, and to keep your HP bar high (and fighters alive). And UHost is far above anybody else in terms of being able to rob points from HP and time (even Model has more rift counters!), opening room for more revenges. I wouldn't be surprised if every top 3 rift bases had UHost, or at least she appeared more than every other defender by a high margin.

They say anything works in Prize Fight, and that's pretty true, as you can choose the easiest of three teams and you only fight the opponents and the modifiers. So when discussing counters, it's important to remember when you can use the entirety of your three minutes, you can easily name far more counters (or even call waiting 20 seconds countering her). But this is pretty much like playing the tutorial and claiming the same things will work on the raid boss. Don't get me wrong, I prefer PF as it's far less stressful with recent adjustments! But when I do rift, it shows how much depth each fight can potentially have.

very upset about the change she was fine as she was all you need to counter unholy host is another dahlia with tea slip... BOOM and she's useless but a bunch of idiots cried and now she's meh. Hex was one of the things that made her special, there is a whole bunch of variants that can use curse and far better than unholy (beast king). Really hope they roll back the decision before it's official but I doubt it
To be honest, I am 99% doubtful that the official will change the already announced adjustments. But even if the remaining 1% becomes true and the official changes the content of the adjustment, I don't think it's possible to roll back. (Almost all of us don't want to go back to the way things were before!) The only thing I want instead of roll back is “DISTANCE LIMIT”.
Why Bio-Exorcist isn’t broken even if she has a similar drain effect to Unholy? The answer is simple. It has exactly the same effect as Unholy and activation condition is also very simple, but the distance limit makes such a big difference. Unholy will be adjusted to remove HEX, but still has CURSE and “No time to die”, so I feel it's a bit too strong even after the change combining with the synergistic effect with the drain effect without distance limit (especially on the defense)
In my previous post, I suggested changing the signature2 effect to MIASMA In order to give other fighters countermeasures against her. But if MIASMA is not good idea, at least I would like this idea to be adopted.

Signature 2
• While your opponent is suffering from CURSE, drain 1/1.5/2 % of a nearby opponent’s health per second.

It seems that there will also be an opinion that it may be a degraded Bio-Exorcist, but considering her current strength in defense side, I think this change is the best.

Last edited:
View attachment 19370when idiots make a game
(I want to be nice... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... I want to be nice.... You know what..?? Duck being nice with this frunch bag!!)

When you have literally TONS of optios and characters to face the conditions THE GAME tells you there will be to make the duel a challenge... And you choose some of the worst characters to fight armor and thorns defences, and then when you fail, you start calling others "idiots"... and you come back again begging for a ban.

DUDE, WHAT THE ACTUAL WHISKMECTS IS WRONG WITH YOU??? >:V
Please, stop being a moron. Learn to play this game to get fun or go play something more for your level...

Last edited: