• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What do you think about BB3s at the current moment?

Papyrus1910

Reaction score
It sure is much less frustrating than what it was in 2.5. Still, I still find this system a bit annoying, especially when fighting against opponents 2 or 3 times stronger than you, with a high AI difficulty. Most of the time I find myself blocking their hits, and once they've landed one, just one, their whole BB3 comes raining on my fighter, draining their health bar faster than the speed of sound, leaving me with nothing but this void in my soul. I have no choice but to spend some Theonites on energy, again...
But that's probably just me. I wanna hear your thoughts: Are they in a good spot right now, or do they need some further tweaking?

I think they are fine now because they now activate in a predictable manner instead of being a random fullscreen BB3 activation out of the blue.

I think they're in a good place at the moment. Although the circumstances in which they trigger can become problematic at times, it definitely makes things more interesting since you can't just turtle your way to victory. Plus its better than a random fullscreen activation.

I used to just resign myself to losing if they ever got BB3s. Now at least I know I have a chance to stop them using it if I just back up to full screen and counter attack them when they try to dash attack me, or use a random unsafe unblockable.

I kinda hate BB3s in general, but at least they're in an okay place now compared to past versions.

It would be fine if there was only one BB3 per team, but often times it feels like you get hit with one BB3 and lose a fighter, then the next enemy that tags in will also have their BB3 filled as well.

The new system makes it theoretically more predictable, but i can't for the love of me bait them into using their BB3 on my low HP fighters or my fodders. I'll tag those in and block, block, block, but they won't use em.

The second my carry comes in they use their BB3 and my streak's gone.

Also, while giving the player more control by making them less likely to use BB3s when you don't block, this heavily skews this system towards fighters that can easily intercept enemy dash attacks.

For example it's extremely easy to intercept using Ms Fortune, so i haven't gotten BB3d much with her, but say with Peacock? it's much harder to do due to her low range and somewhat slow start up, so i kind of have to rely on blocking but that means getting instantly killed by their BB3. And like i said, trying to bait them with a different fighter just doesn't seem to work for me either.

Personally, i'd kind of like to see having only 1 BB3 per team allowed maybe or giving a little more leeway than the AI instantly using it the first time you block one of their attacks...

To sum it up, they're more managable now (at least with some characters), but overall still extremely disheartening to lose to.

I think they're ok right now. Definitely a step up to how they were before the most recent change.