• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Pointlessly Overpowered Abilities Take the Fun Out of This Game

Mayor_N

Reaction score
Am I the only one who believes that Resonant Evil Big Band and Untouchable Peacock are just...really dumb?

Victory is basically given to them, and they're able to pull of a lot of stupid stuff simply because they have abilities are handed to them on a silver platter.

Every single time I see ridiculously high leveled Resonant Evil and Untouchable, I don't get mad or annoyed, I just become disappointed and sigh, accepting their pathetic victory.

I can't tell you how many times I come across these kids and just want to turn off the game.

Maybe try using fighters or moves that inflict armor break, or try using more grabs if possible against Untouchable Peacock. I personally don't see either of the two very often in PFs or in story mode, but if possible try avoiding fights with either of them.

You forgot Armed forces. The ones i met are all: stack 2 shields and have 100% defense.

You forgot Armed forces. The ones i met are all: stack 2 shields and have 100% defense.
The defense isn't the problem its blocking and running away for 15 second and having her ability proc on your next hit. ;(. I would much rather have the amount of time it last lowered and the probability increased.

Reactions: moisterrific
Am I the only one who believes that Resonant Evil Big Band and Untouchable Peacock are just...really dumb?

Victory is basically given to them, and they're able to pull of a lot of stupid stuff simply because they have abilities are handed to them on a silver platter.

Every single time I see ridiculously high leveled Resonant Evil and Untouchable, I don't get mad or annoyed, I just become disappointed and sigh, accepting their pathetic victory.

I can't tell you how many times I come across these kids and just want to turn off the game.
I know what you mean. It feels like untouchables ability has a 90% proc rate on the last hit of a ground combo lol. I've clearly lost my favor with RNGeesus.

A mechanic that punishes the player for successfully landing hits is just completely backwards.
I don't think they are backwards but when they last ten to fifteen seconds it can feel like an eternity of just blocking and waiting for their buffs to go away so you don't get completely destroyed for trying to fight them.

Well it could be worse. Nobody in the game is stupidly broken yet, and each of these characters have workarounds. Peacocks don't like grabs, ResEvs hate armor breakers, and Amred Forces hate anything that can wipe away their armor. Foggy memory Val can actually do a good job of clearing away positive effects through her ability, which just shuts them down pretty hard. They become much less of a problem thanks to her.

Reactions: Luke and Boogiepop
A mechanic that punishes the player for successfully landing hits is just completely backwards.
I personally think Untoucable and RE are balanced when fighting enemies at their own level, because at that point untouchable is squishy enough and RE deals low damage, as befitting of such a good tank.

The problems start when fighting them at high streaks in PFs since they get more than double your FS, meaning Peacock becomes too tanky and if her unflinching procs in your combo she can instantly kill you, while RE becomes so tanky while also dealing good damage due to the scaling, that i avoid any team that has one once i get a good streak going.

Agreed. Their abilities are annoying at a level playing field but generally fair, however things become brutal when a FS difference is introduced and it then boils down to RNG: You can be in the middle of a combo when stun or unflinching procs and thanks to a dice roll you could lose the match. I'm not against a bit of randomness but as someone mentioned previously you shouldn't be penalised with incredible unfairness for doing well in a game, it doesn't make sense.

Agreed. Their abilities are annoying at a level playing field but generally fair, however things become brutal when a FS difference is introduced and it then boils down to RNG: You can be in the middle of a combo when stun or unflinching procs and thanks to a dice roll you could lose the match. I'm not against a bit of randomness but as someone mentioned previously you shouldn't be penalised with incredible unfairness for doing well in a game, it doesn't make sense.
It's kind of part of an overarching problem with PFs in general.

Generally the added challenge of enemies having more HP/Damage and better AI is nice, but the problems arise when passive abilities are balanced at a level playing field, but not when enemies are scaled to twice or more of your FS.

At a level playing field getting stunned can mean yu lose a bunch of health, but if you start at full life you won't just die from it, so it's not so much of a problem, compared to basically being comboed to death at high streaks.

THe same problem arises with BB3s however. You can play atround them if both fighters have the same FS, but in PFs they are an unavoidable instant death.

I feel like there should be something to keep things from scaling too hard in PFs and all these "OP" abilities and passives would be much less frustrating to play against.

Reactions: Boogiepop
Well it could be worse. Nobody in the game is stupidly broken yet, and each of these characters have workarounds. Peacocks don't like grabs, ResEvs hate armor breakers, and Amred Forces hate anything that can wipe away their armor. Foggy memory Val can actually do a good job of clearing away positive effects through her ability, which just shuts them down pretty hard. They become much less of a problem thanks to her.

You forgot the part were Silent Kill Valentine's a water attribute and Random Forces' a wind, making her destroy Valentine and most important, making Valentine deal even less damage that she already does as a character and just charging Cerebella's BBs for free.

You forgot the part were Silent Kill Valentine's a water attribute and Random Forces' a wind, making her destroy Valentine and most important, making Valentine deal even less damage that she already does as a character and just charging Cerebella's BBs for free.
True, but that's why Val should switch out. No one is forcing (ha ha) her to stay in, and any good fire can simply work with the bonus damage they have. Cerebella landing a battle butt clears her armor anyway, so I guess she's the best for the job. As I said, there's no truly broken character. Better ones, yes, but not broken. If you want broken, let's discuss bb3s.

Edit: thankfully AF Cerebella is an exclusive relic, making her a little bit rarer in pfs than her gold counterpart. While it's not guaranteed to never see her, I don't think most average players have her.

While I personally agree with some of the complaints here, like how long AF proc last, or the in-game shitty mechanics concerning how easy achieving 100% def is, for example, some others are just unrealistic expectations that some ppl like to repeat over and over every chance they get.

I mean, for real, some guy spent months grinding non-stop to assemble his maxed gold team, with the moves and stats he wanted, and you just want to go down there and face him with your lvl15 gold + 2 silvers team that amounts to less than half his team FS and you expect a fair fight? You expect his most powerful BB not to kill you in one hit?

There really are SAs which are way better than others, tbh, but none of them are game-breakers, and probably most of the maxed gold fighters will definitely kill you easily if their stats are good and their FS is twice yours. As it is expected from them.

I really don't know where ppl get this crazy idea that Prize Fights are supposed to act fair & square for everyone, no matter their strength and/or time invested in the game. That's like complaining you can't beat the final boss in any game with your starting lvl1 character. You'll have to lose, you will have to grind and try again. So get better and get stronger bc you're not gonna have the same chance as everyone else just bc you feel like you deserve it. Everyone sitting at the top right now had to endure the same hardships as you.

Last edited:
While I personally agree with some of the complaints here, like how long AF proc last, or the in-game shitty mechanics concerning how easy achieving 100% def is, for example, some others are just unrealistic expectations that some ppl like to repeat over and over every chance they get.

I mean, for real, some guy spent months grinding non-stop to assemble his maxed gold team, with the moves and stats he wanted, and you just want to go down there and face him with your lvl15 gold + 2 silvers team that amounts to less than half his team FS and you expect a fair fight? You expect his most powerful BB not to kill you in one hit?

There really are SAs which are way better than others, tbh, but none of them are game-breakers, and probably most of the maxed gold fighters will definitely kill you easily if their stats are good and their FS is twice yours. As it is expected from them.

I really don't know from where ppl get this crazy idea that Prize Fights are supposed to act fair & square for everyone, no matter their strength and/or time invested in the game. That's like complaining you can't beat the final boss in any game with your starting lvl1 character. You'll have to lose, you will have to grind and try again. So get better and get stronger bc you're not gonna have the same chance as everyone else just bc you feel like you deserve it. Everyone sitting at the top right now had to endure the same hardships as you right now.
I agree if you are at a significant fs disadvantage you should never expect to survive a BB3 and AFs proc feels like a billion years while untouchables proc is short with higher proc chance so it feels like it fits in the game and can be overcome.

I really don't know where ppl get this crazy idea that Prize Fights are supposed to act fair & square for everyone, no matter their strength and/or time invested in the game. That's like complaining you can't beat the final boss in any game with your starting lvl1 character. You'll have to lose, you will have to grind and try again. So get better and get stronger bc you're not gonna have the same chance as everyone else just bc you feel like you deserve it. Everyone sitting at the top right now had to endure the same hardships as you.
If matches are supposed to be a foregone conclusion for whoever has bigger numbers, why even play out the match? Might as well save me the time and just automatically reset my streak whenever the game decides I've gotten too far.

I don’t think it “punish” you for being “incredible awesome” man, if it where a PvP fighter, maaaaybe, but it’s RPG game style with no entrances to your defense only the mistakes you make, you think is fair that the cpu doesn’t have another way to break defense that just the grabs? No it isn’t, that’s why the special abilities are beautifully integrated in a way that it feels second nature in a fighting game, if you want your “abilities” to be “rewarded” go play like the original Skullgirls, here instead, the crafting of a perfectly balanced team that contrarrest the abilities of the opponent that come Victorious is the reward, U did it, in the conditions U were presented and that’s awesome about this game

Reactions: Prmth456
If matches are supposed to be a foregone conclusion for whoever has bigger numbers, why even play out the match? Might as well save me the time and just automatically reset my streak whenever the game decides I've gotten too far.

Just because stronger opponents have a higher chance of destroying you, it doesn't mean they will everytime. Nothing there is set in stone. Sometimes you will win, sometimes you will lose and that will be up to strength as much as it will be for luck and skill.

Or are you telling me you can never get past 6 streaks because of overall FS difference? Or that you never outplayed the AI or just simply got luck with a stronger opponent?

If you spent your time grinding instead of whining about every single aspect of the game either on the forums or on the discord chat, you would have a team strong enough by now and wouldn't feel so wronged by the game all the time. Instead all you do is complain, as if everyone but you started the game with a full collection of lvl 50 golds.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's more counters in the cast than you think for that stuff. I've had Primed Parasoul easily wipe my RE Big Band and Untouchable Peacock before. I've felt what you've felt, but I've tried feeling out counters since then to bring along with certain team comps to give myself room.

If anyone is having trouble with a specific character, event modifier, etc. you should join the SGM discord chat!
The chat is very active and there's lots of players there willing to offer a helping hand when it comes to learning more about the game mechanics or how to deal with more challenging situations.