• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

skvllgirlz

Reaction score
YEEHAW ANNIE'S COMING! And we are all excited!
You know what else is exciting? Color palettes (or well... to me they are)

I made an outline of Annie's idle sprite using a screenshot I took from her trailer video to make color palettes out of. The PNG version can be used on any art software, and the PSD version can be used anywhere as well, but it's easier to use that one in an art program that supports layers + alpha lock (Paint Tool Sai, Mediband, Photoshop, etc.).

You can download the files here since the PSD file cannot be uploaded:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q0O9G042h_9syl29cuPPUZn9iAiARizs?usp=sharing
You may also discuss below what palettes might be in the game ^_^

Have fun creating!

(P.S.: I don't know if this is the right place to put this, so if i put this thread in the wrong place just let me know where to post this and ill repost.)

Note from Hidden Variable Studios:
Any cards/palettes shared in this thread, or elsewhere, may be used by HVS without any credit / acknowledgement.
What this means is there's a good chance that anything you make in here may also be what Hidden Variable Studios or Lab Zero came up with by themselves. That doesn't mean they stole your idea, just that you're equally clever and creative :)
Please don't get mad if HVS or LZ happen to use a similar design to one you came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few ideas for palette options, and SG2E will get more then SGM so I'm curious to see how many I can correctly predict:
  • Parasoul + Umbrella (to match Parasoul's Annie color pallette)
  • Marie + Skeleton (because I feel like the devs like to reference other characters that haven't been added as playable characters (yet...) )
  • Link + Navi (Legend of Zelda)
  • Joker + Arsene / Morgana (Persona 5 / Super Smash Ultimate)
  • Madoka + Kyuubey (Madoka Magica)
I think she'll mostly be pulling from well known partner combos, magical girl / saturday morning cartoons, other fighting games, and 90's era classic franchises if I had to guess.

Also, here's some joke / meme pallettes I think we might get:
  • Sans + Gaster Blaster
  • Vaporwave inspired original color, with her parasite colored like a roman white marble bust
Here's a link to the Mizuumi wiki which had all the 2E palettes listed in case you want to check which references already exist, to sort of get an idea of which franchises the devs tend to reference: http://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Skullgirls

EDIT: A couple more
  • Alice + White Rabbit (Disney's Alice in Wonderland)
  • Ramlethal + a Lucifero (Guilty Gear)
  • Gordon Freeman + Headcrab (Half Life, a pretty out-there idea but hey it's a classic game series that started in the 90's)

Last edited:
Hey this is fun!

Peacock Annie and Avery Sagan

peacock-annie.jpg
Notes: Yes I know Avery should wear clothes (like a Peacock mini-me with matching outfit), but I thought Sagan would stand out more in full teal. If Annie's arms get segmented into color blocks like Beowulf, I'd replace the sleeves with gray metal. Speaking of which, the sword is gun metal gray. Wasn't sure what to do about the hip pouch. At one point it was an Argus System eye.

Rosalina Annie and Luma Sagan (idea stolen from @Xero-J in the Annie thread)
rosalina-annie.jpg
Notes: Rosalina's silver crown melted down into an eyepatch.

Here’s a few quick ideas for you guys:
-Inverse colors (similar to Wulfsbane, Annie as Sagan and vice versa)
-Oleander & Fred (Them’s Fighting Herds)
-Adeline & Ribbon (Kirby, made an Adeline Peacock a looong while ago btw)
-Beowulf themed colors
-Olimar and red Pikmin (Pikmin)
Can’t wait to see her in action!

Here’s a few quick ideas for you guys:
-Inverse colors (similar to Wulfsbane, Annie as Sagan and vice versa)
-Oleander & Fred (Them’s Fighting Herds)
-Adeline & Ribbon (Kirby, made an Adeline Peacock a looong while ago btw)
-Beowulf themed colors
-Olimar and red Pikmin (Pikmin)
Can’t wait to see her in action!

Hmm, I can try some of these ideas ! At least one of them ! :)

Here they are ! (I normally put more efforts into my palettes ... but I wanted to put a "possibly an official one" vibe to them !)

Adeleine Annie & Ribbon Sagan (idea given just above)
Adeleine & Ribbon.png

Squigly Annie & Leviathan Sagan
Squigly & Leviathan.png

Marie Annie & Skull Heart Sagan (idea by me, even if Lililira proposed it above. I didn't see it ^^")
Marie & the Skullheart.png

Edit1 : More !
(Both ideas by Lililira)

Banjo Annie & Kazooie Sagan
Banjo-Kazooie.png

Sans Annie and Gaster Blaster Sagan
Sans & Gaster Blaster.png

Edit2 : EVEN MORE
(The last one is MY idea this time)

Parasoul Annie & Umbrella Sagan (idea by Lililira ... yea, again ^^")
Parasoul & Umbrella.png

Hailey Anne Thomas Annie & USApyon Sagan (based on one of the protagonists from Yokai Watch 3. A lot of references from Yo-kai Watch are here as well !)
Hailey Anne & USApyon.png

Whisper the Wolf Annie & Whisper's team of Wisps Sagan (because why not ?)
Whisper the Wolf & her Team of Wisps.png

I can make more if needed (and if you have the ideas), so ... please tell them !

Last edited:
Also, here's some joke / meme pallettes I think we might get:
  • Sans + Gaster Blaster
  • Vaporwave inspired original color, with her parasite colored like a roman white marble bust
You have some good ideas, but I'll mainly point of the Sans one ... because I already did it, but for Marie !(Mine) Humerus Laziness.png

Even if it's an old one, I can totally revamp the idea and do it as Annie :3

This is mine, Annie in reference to Pearl and Sagan in Rose Quartz from Steven Universe

There is also
Chara and Frisk from Undertale

There is also
Stocking and her cat

Follow me on Twitter ( @Lady_ironande ) to see more

Attachments

• 1597592103868.png
    1597592103868.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 1597596942005.png
    1597596942005.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 1597679335995.png
    1597679335995.png
    332 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Second wave of palettes : this time, they're all in the same pic, for not spamming too much. References are under the pic.

Annie palettes.png

From up-left to down-right :
  1. Rikka Takanashi Annie & Schwarz Shield Prototype Mark-II Sword + Sagan (Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
  2. Ashley Annie & Red Sagan (WarioWare)
  3. Annie & Sagan, regular colors.
  4. Annie & Sagan, regular colors in negative
  5. Willow Annie & Bernie Sagan (Don't Starve) [proposed by someone on a private Discord server]
  6. Purple Guy/William Afton Annie & Child Soul Sagan (Five Nights at Freddy's)
  7. Link Annie and & + Navi Sagan (Zelda series)
  8. Tron Bonne Annie & Servbot Sagan (MegaMan series) [Her sword is based on Tron's mecha]

someone else suggested Connie from Steven Universe since she even has a sword and everything but I don’t feel like doing it after doing all of these
majimaofthestars.png

altsofthestars.png

Gonna poke my head in here to post this litte addendum that is also included in the original Custom Palette thread (I also added it to the original post up there)

Note from Hidden Variable Studios:
Any cards/palettes shared in this thread, or elsewhere, may be used by HVS without any credit / acknowledgement.
What this means is there's a good chance that anything you make in here may also be what Hidden Variable Studios or Lab Zero came up with by themselves. That doesn't mean they stole your idea, just that you're equally clever and creative :)
Please don't get mad if HVS or LZ happen to use a similar design to one you came up with.

Last edited:
Would be dumb to be mad because a palette we imagine ends up in the game haha

Last edited:
Since most of the palettes I brought up awhile ago have already been done earlier in the thread, here's a few more of my own:

Asuna Yuuki and Yui (Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale)
Raleno and Xero (My own OCs)
Amy Rose and Sonic Chao (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Orange Inkling and Blue Squid (Splatoon)

annie asuna.png annie raleno.png annie amy rose.png annie inkling.png

Third wave of palettes. God, it's so great to do these !
Annie palettes 3.png

1. Virili Annie & Plaguebringer Goliath Sagan (Terraria, Calamity Mod) [The sword is the Goliath's stinger]
  2. Kebako Annie & Squiddie Sagan (Cat Girl Without Salad : Amuse-Bouche) [The sword is based on her RPG Gun upgrade]
  3. Hatsune Miku Annie & ... Hatsune Miku Sagan (VOCALOID) [The sword and Sagan's insides are Miku's leek]
  4. Dawn Annie & Zorua Sagan (Pokemon) [The sword is Piplup]

Also, BallotBoxer : they're great colors ... even if Filia didn't came to my mind ... I'll do Fukua tomorrow because of that :p

Fourth, and possibly last one I'll post here ... unless people are fine for seeing more ? We'll see later

Annie palettes 4.png

1. Fukua Annie & Shamone Sagan [Hello BallotBoxer :p]
  2. Little Charrmer Annie & Deadcool Sagan (Yokai Watch 3) [The sword is based on a Tempura, Little Charrmer's fav meal]
  3. Amalia Sheran Sharm Annie & Yugo Sagan (Wakfu) [The sword is just made out of moss and plants, cause she's a phytomancer]
  4. Toga Himiko Annie & Twice Sagan (My Hero Academia)

Last edited: