• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

(New) AI activiting BB in between combos?

SquatKing

Reaction score
Started playing this week, already pretty far with one gold pull and a few silvers. I hit a streak in silver PF where my "easy" option was 2x my total possible FS at 4,500 to my ~2,300. Almost clutched it out with Stone Cold until Parasol activated a BB in between the middle of my ground combo. I've noticed sometimes this can occur where I counter an opening after a block or whatever else, only to get BB'd on in the middle of my string/ground combo. I know I started right after the new AI update but is this supposed to be a thing? It seems like the AI gets super aggressive at times with even super fast BB3 activation immediately after Tag In. Just wondering anyone's inputs on this and hoping the devs are still fine tuning the AI. I don't want them to be brain dead or ez but I don't what it to be a frame perfect steamroll CPU

Unfortunately I did not get a recording, I will try again in the near future to do so. It was the Beowulf Ground Combo where he punches and such before pulling out the chair where you should then juggle. I got BB'd on before the chair was even pulled and I was tapping as I usually do.

Unfortunately I did not get a recording, I will try again in the near future to do so. It was the Beowulf Ground Combo where he punches and such before pulling out the chair where you should then juggle. I got BB'd on before the chair was even pulled and I was tapping as I usually do.
Did your ground combo hit, or was it blocked?

Did your ground combo hit, or was it blocked?

I confirmed the first hit which lead into the second/third hits before the BB happened. Conveniently I just video recorded another similar event of this occuring. May I upload and post a link as a reply here or somewhere else?

I confirmed the first hit which lead into the second/third hits before the BB happened. Conveniently I just video recorded another similar event of this occuring. May I upload and post a link as a reply here or somewhere else?
You can upload it wherever you like! Here should be fine, but if the site is giving you issues, you can post it on YouTube and share the link here.

Reactions: SquatKing
You can upload it wherever you like! Here should be fine, but if the site is giving you issues, you can post it on YouTube and share the link here.

LINK:

This one is a little different. My outmatched Inkling (Tried to chip in some hopeful damage with her boosted SA damage) against a Valentine. At around the 0:17 mark you can see me successfully perform her 3 hit combo, then I'm about to use her launcher right after when suddenly Valentine's BB activates. If you pause at the exact moment of BB activation you can see Inkling about to slam her foot down for the launcher to continue the combo before I get smacked. So basically a correctly executed combo into launcher which is BB'd in between.

From my understanding the successful "basic" underlying combo is ground into launch-juggle then followed up by slide, hit, BB, etc. Is there something I did wrong here?

From my understanding the successful "basic" underlying combo is ground into launch-juggle then followed up by slide, hit, BB, etc. Is there something I did wrong here?
Yeah, the issue is that you performed the launcher too slow. If you swipe up the moment the cannon connects, you will always get that cannon hit > launcher combo without a window for them to interrupt you.

This is sort of just the nature of Skullgirls being a fast paced mobile fighter, but if you are quick with your inputs this sort of thing won't happen. Hope that makes sense!

Yeah, the issue is that you performed the launcher too slow. If you swipe up the moment the cannon connects, you will always get that cannon hit > launcher combo without a window for them to interrupt you.

This is sort of just the nature of Skullgirls being a fast paced mobile fighter, but if you are quick with your inputs this sort of thing won't happen. Hope that makes sense!

Ohh okay I see, which is also why my Eliza launcher gets interrupted mid combo because I'm too slow or input at the wrong time. So there are frams of timing instead of swiping up repeatedly and hoping for the best. I may also have tried to launch with Stone Cold early and did it at a wrong time. I just need to git gud-er and keep that in mind. On a side note I hope the Training option gets some more stuff or revamped (i.e. Damage recorded on last combo and setting AI to block then hit to test combos).

Otherwise thank you for the help and I continue to enjoy Skullgirls c: (Eliza for life)

Reactions: Psyche and Liam
Started playing this week, already pretty far with one gold pull and a few silvers. I hit a streak in silver PF where my "easy" option was 2x my total possible FS at 4,500 to my ~2,300. Almost clutched it out with Stone Cold until Parasol activated a BB in between the middle of my ground combo. I've noticed sometimes this can occur where I counter an opening after a block or whatever else, only to get BB'd on in the middle of my string/ground combo. I know I started right after the new AI update but is this supposed to be a thing? It seems like the AI gets super aggressive at times with even super fast BB3 activation immediately after Tag In. Just wondering anyone's inputs on this and hoping the devs are still fine tuning the AI. I don't want them to be brain dead or ez but I don't what it to be a frame perfect steamroll CPU
I have been having.similar issues with many different characters and the AI having split millisecond reactions and hitting with the first attack and then before they flinch and.somtimes the flinch animation dosen't happen then I'm caught by their attack or a BB in the middle of a combo. Or as the AI tags some one else in almost instantly the next character comes in with a bb and goes into a combo with me unable to block or I will be blocking and the attack hits me any way. The AI has an extremely unfair advantage and the block input is hit and miss. I will be aggressively pressing down on both sides of my screen and I mean to the point I'm seeing my fingertips turn white but my character refuses to block. I have just started playing about two weeks now I have been playing honkai impact third and am boycotting because their draw system has been giving increasingly bad rewards and odds. I have spent close to $300 likely more in that game and was interested in this one as a replacement because your draw system is so much more balanced with the eventual guaranteed silver or gold. But your AI is a huge detractor and will not spend anymore money until it is dialed at least a little. I am not superhuman and cannot react in a matter of milliseconds. Thank you for listening and I look forward to a possible future playing your game.