1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL: 3.0.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by Liam, Dec 10, 2018.

1. fanghoul

fanghoul Well-Known Member

I also ran into something like this last night. Based on their defenses, they had a pretty minimal number of characters to crack my defenses, but succeeded on every node on the first try, apparently without much character death based on our final fight scores. People with an equal number of diamonds or more don't consistently do that.

It's possible to do this I guess if you burn a heck of a lot of Theonite, and bring your A-team to every battle, but it still felt a little odd.

PycoBeg and Luke like this.
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Are hackers getting better at being sneaky?

3. Liam

Liam !Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

Quick update!

We noticed that one of our "under the hood" tools unfortunately wasn't working correctly in the latest update, so we've just released a fix for that (3.0.3), which is live on aOS and iOS. There are no gameplay changes in this update! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Zachary Baumstark and Ryouhi like this.
  4. fanghoul

I'm not going to say for certain why it's happening, because it literally could just be people paying a heck of a lot of money to win, but I've had it happen another time now, in an even weirder match where the person had like 2300 rift points that mysteriously had a few nodes defended by 4k fight score characters. Their boss node was 100k though, so they didn't have 0 good characters, just fewer than average even at my level, let alone over 200 Rift Points above that.

I don't know. Just something I guess to keep an eye on I guess.

Zachary Baumstark likes this.
  5. infine

infine Active Member

TBH bringing 5K FS characters to defense is kinda valid strategy for single or double nodes because it's not that easy to do 20 combo / BB finish on low FS teams. I mean if you believe that you don't have fighters that could defend a particular node, you might as well rob the enemy of bonus points.

Zachary Baumstark likes this.
  6. fanghoul

Okay, I'm posting a screenshot of their defenses so this is less abstract, but I'm editting out their name because I'm not interested in calling people out. Just noting that it seems really weird to me, and hoping the image makes it more clear why this seems weird.

IMG_1949 (1).PNG

I've thought of the strategy of using weak characters before. But at my level, the biggest issue is running out of fighters good enough to take out the defenses, not trying to score as many bonus points as possible, and making your opponent lose even one node can mean the difference between a victory and loss, both because of the defensive points gained, and because it means they have fewer people to work with. The strategy of using weak characters deliberately still also wouldn't make sense, because I can just throw silver fighters at 4k enemies easily enough.

Maybe it's different in the top 10 instead of top 50.

But it's not just the early nodes. *Every* one of their nodes except the boss node has a lower fight score than mine. Why would you have one of the miniboss nodes have a *silver* Icy Hot at the same time as a Diamond? Because the "avoid letting your enemy get to 20 hits or a blockbuster" doesn't work then. Icy Hot isn't even a particularly valuable Valentine, so it's baffling why you would have her in there if you had any better options.

And, like I said, this person had a Rift Score over 2300. I'm just broke into the top 50 with 2115. I regularly fight people with defenses that are twice as hard as mine that are barely ahead of me. So whatever this person's strategy is, if it's being played completely straight, seems like has to be something like one of the best strategies there is out there. And it's really hard for me to see how that is without either spending a heck of a lot of theonite or cheating.

But it could just be theonite.

7. Cattime

Cattime New Member

Ever since the update, my partner and I have been having trouble blocking and the AI is like on mega mode. I die before I can even get a hit in sometimes and that's with my fighter being a higher level than the one I am fighting. My blessings is having the same problems. We do not play on the same device and are quite looking forward to fighting each other instead of just trying to one up each other. He is winning, I just can't seem to get a diamond fighter no matter how many relics I open. I am sure that's just my luck though. Please, make the controls more responsive. It seems unfair that the AI can do things that is mere mortals cannot i.e. block in the middle of a move or immensely reuse moves when it is not a modifier.