• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.0.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

I am having weaker opponents and with a "magical" way they defeat all my defense.
Just like that.

I also ran into something like this last night. Based on their defenses, they had a pretty minimal number of characters to crack my defenses, but succeeded on every node on the first try, apparently without much character death based on our final fight scores. People with an equal number of diamonds or more don't consistently do that.

It's possible to do this I guess if you burn a heck of a lot of Theonite, and bring your A-team to every battle, but it still felt a little odd.

Reactions: PycoBeg and Luke
I also ran into something like this last night. Based on their defenses, they had a pretty minimal number of characters to crack my defenses, but succeeded on every node on the first try, apparently without much character death based on our final fight scores. People with an equal number of diamonds or more don't consistently do that.

It's possible to do this I guess if you burn a heck of a lot of Theonite, and bring your A-team to every battle, but it still felt a little odd.
Are hackers getting better at being sneaky?

Quick update!

We noticed that one of our "under the hood" tools unfortunately wasn't working correctly in the latest update, so we've just released a fix for that (3.0.3), which is live on aOS and iOS. There are no gameplay changes in this update! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Are hackers getting better at being sneaky?

I'm not going to say for certain why it's happening, because it literally could just be people paying a heck of a lot of money to win, but I've had it happen another time now, in an even weirder match where the person had like 2300 rift points that mysteriously had a few nodes defended by 4k fight score characters. Their boss node was 100k though, so they didn't have 0 good characters, just fewer than average even at my level, let alone over 200 Rift Points above that.

I don't know. Just something I guess to keep an eye on I guess.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
but I've had it happen another time now, in an even weirder match where the person had like 2300 rift points that mysteriously had a few nodes defended by 4k fight score characters.
TBH bringing 5K FS characters to defense is kinda valid strategy for single or double nodes because it's not that easy to do 20 combo / BB finish on low FS teams. I mean if you believe that you don't have fighters that could defend a particular node, you might as well rob the enemy of bonus points.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
TBH bringing 5K FS characters to defense is kinda valid strategy for single or double nodes because it's not that easy to do 20 combo / BB finish on low FS teams. I mean if you believe that you don't have fighters that could defend a particular node, you might as well rob the enemy of bonus points.

Okay, I'm posting a screenshot of their defenses so this is less abstract, but I'm editting out their name because I'm not interested in calling people out. Just noting that it seems really weird to me, and hoping the image makes it more clear why this seems weird. This here is the defenses of a person with a Rift Score of over 2300, and a Diamond 1 rating.

IMG_1949 (1).PNG

I've thought of the strategy of using weak characters before. But at my level, the biggest issue is running out of fighters good enough to take out the defenses, not trying to score as many bonus points as possible, and making your opponent lose even one node can mean the difference between a victory and loss, both because of the defensive points gained, and because it means they have fewer people to work with. The strategy of using weak characters deliberately still also wouldn't make sense, because I can just throw silver fighters at 4k enemies easily enough.

Maybe it's different in the top 10 instead of top 50.

But it's not just the early nodes. *Every* one of their nodes except the boss node has a lower fight score than mine. Why would you have one of the miniboss nodes have a *silver* Icy Hot at the same time as a Diamond? Because the "avoid letting your enemy get to 20 hits or a blockbuster" doesn't work then. Icy Hot isn't even a particularly valuable Valentine, so it's baffling why someone would have her in there if they had any better options.

And, like I said, this person had a Rift Score over 2300. I'm just broke into the top 50 with 2115. I regularly fight people with defenses that are twice as hard as mine that are barely ahead of me. So whatever this person's strategy is, if it's being played completely straight, seems like has to be something like one of the best strategies there is out there. And it's really hard for me to see how that is without either spending a heck of a lot of theonite or cheating.

But it could just be theonite.

Edit:
I bothers me to be so negative, but I just want to be clear why I think this is weird, and there's a lot of details to it.

Last edited:
Ever since the update, my partner and I have been having trouble blocking and the AI is like on mega mode. I die before I can even get a hit in sometimes and that's with my fighter being a higher level than the one I am fighting. My blessings is having the same problems. We do not play on the same device and are quite looking forward to fighting each other instead of just trying to one up each other. He is winning, I just can't seem to get a diamond fighter no matter how many relics I open. I am sure that's just my luck though. Please, make the controls more responsive. It seems unfair that the AI can do things that is mere mortals cannot i.e. block in the middle of a move or immensely reuse moves when it is not a modifier.

Reactions: TasiaChaan
It seems unfair that the AI can do things that is mere mortals cannot i.e. block in the middle of a move or immensely reuse moves when it is not a modifier.
Despite seeing this reported quite a bit, I've never been able to identify a case where this is happening in our years of investigating.

If you have any video evidence of this happening, I would love to take a look at it!

The current working theory is that some combos are not being completed (due to not tapping fast enough, not queuing the next attack in time, etc), and the AI is using those windows of opportunity to block, or perform a Blockbuster.

We do hope to minimize these windows in the future through a slew of combat changes. Thanks for your patience while we do so!

Quiero a Robo Fortune...
¿ Cuando estara disponible ?
Y la solución al emparejamiento irrégular en Batallas de Brecha...

Quiero a Robo Fortune...
¿ Cuando estara disponible ?
Y la solución al emparejamiento irrégular en Batallas de Brecha...
There's no date yet for Robo Fortune, I would guess a couple of patches yet.

Rift Battle improvements are scheduled for next patch tho.

(Aún no hay fecha para Robo pero me imagino que de menos hasta dentro de un par de parches.
Lo de las Brechas está programado para la próxima me parece).

Also, to our esteemed Mods, I keep finding a lot of spanish speaking fans, maybe a spanish section in the forums is in order?

relax, it was a meme refference
Using a meme that's racist is still racist. It's absolutely not tolerated here. You've been issued a warning. If you want to discuss this further please send myself or one of the other mods a private message.

Using a meme that's racist is still racist. It's absolutely not tolerated here. You've been issued a warning. If you want to discuss this further please send myself or one of the other mods a private message.
I’m no racist, and I'm not really into labels so, the posts deleted. Calm dawn chief.

Reactions: Irghen
It's not up to you to police what language people speak on this site.
I’m really sorry, if this posts hurting your feelings. I hope it’s only your feelings.

I’m really sorry, if this posts hurting your feelings. I hope it’s only your feelings.
The post you sent was asked to be removed politely because it does not comply with our forum rules. You have been asked to take further complaints to DMs with other mods. Feel free to send me or another mod a note if you think there’s an issue, but any more discussion of this conversation in this thread will consequate further action. Thank you for understanding.

Well, we indeed should make the forum strictly English-only. That's gotta be in the forum rules, at least.

Well, we indeed should make the forum strictly English-only. That's gotta be in the forum rules, at least.
It is not. Every time I see one of our members helping a non-native english speaker when we can’t outselves (because of language barriers), it makes me more and more proud of our community. We do have some forums specifically for other languages when we can afford to do so.

It’s good to keep in mind that there are people who can’t cross that language barrier easily at all. Helping them when the devs and mods can’t is vastly appreciated. We do not shame these people for being incapable of speaking proper English or English at all (Which actually is a rule). ((Speaking of which, you can find our forum rules here: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/read-me-first-forum-rules-1-0-1.2/))

I will note, however, that we do encourage users to use English when possible on this forum, as English speakers make up a majority of our user-base.

Your concern is appreciated. If you have further questions, you are free to DM me or any other mod. I’d like to get us moving back to conversations about patch notes. ; >

Last edited:
P.S. I would like to thank @Irghen for being helpful to said members. We appreciate it greatly. I’ve brought up their latter question with the rest of forum staff.

Reactions: Irghen
There's no date yet for Robo Fortune, I would guess a couple of patches yet.

Rift Battle improvements are scheduled for next patch tho.

(Aún no hay fecha para Robo pero me imagino que de menos hasta dentro de un par de parches.
Lo de las Brechas está programado para la próxima me parece).

Also, to our esteemed Mods, I keep finding a lot of spanish speaking fans, maybe a spanish section in the forums is in order?

...Oh que mal...me estoy empezando a sentir aburrido -_-
Aún así gracias por la respuesta.
So please....be Nyce with me and ill be gentle with you... suerte. ☺️