• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Which marquee ability is better for Double?

Void Spirit

Reaction score
CHAOS:
When at an ELEMENTAL ADVANTAGE, inflict a random DEBUFF for 10/20 seconds when landing a CRITICAL HIT

VS​

VOLATILITY:
Every 30/20 seconds gain a random BUFF for 10 seconds

It depends on which Double you are running. On Rainbow Blight or on any Double that relies on having the type advantage to make full use of its SA I would run Chaos, and on other Doubles you can honestly run either MA, though I personally run Volatility.

Reactions: Void Spirit
It depends on which Double you are running. On Rainbow Blight or on any Double that relies on having the type advantage to make full use of its SA I would run Chaos, and on other Doubles you can honestly run either MA, though I personally run Volatility.

What do you recommend for doublicious?

Well, can you keep elemental advantage on double, especially at high streaks?

Do you happen to have high crit rate moves equipped?

Personally I run chaos and believe that doublicious can't really take much advantage out of lolrandom buffs, except enrage and a bit of heal to counter chip damage. Worst case she can steal one from the enemy.

But it's not like I had a chance to compare.

Reactions: pigpigpigwwf
I happen to like Chaos a lot better. I mean, when the other team has a Double with Volatility, that's screwed me a couple times (Damn you last-second completely-random Final Stand!) but Chaos is just fun to use if you can get it working. Just so many debuffs stacking up!

It takes changing your play style a little, and takes some relearning if you're used to the "block all the time" strategy, but it's a good play style to have with Double anyway.

Reactions: pigpigpigwwf
Does Chaos also inflict stun or doom? That seems to overpowered to be true, but it doesn't specify otherwise, to my knowledge

I've never had it inflict doom, and I'm almost certain that it hasn't inflicted stun for me either. That would be pretty crazy!

Though a bleeds and wither and other things all stacked up are still really effective.

I've never had it inflict doom, and I'm almost certain that it hasn't inflicted stun for me either. That would be pretty crazy!

Though a bleeds and wither and other things all stacked up are still really effective.
True. Chaos could be nice ine every situation, except Rift boss battle.

True. Chaos could be nice ine every situation, except Rift boss battle.
To be fair, double can switch to be effective to any element, so it's still plenty useful on that node.

To be fair, double can switch to be effective to any element, so it's still plenty useful on that node.
My personal favorite is Rainbow Blight, so I like to nuke the enemy using debuffs before melting him with one or two combo. But when all these debuffs mirroring on you, it’s not fun anymore xD

My personal favorite is Rainbow Blight, so I like to nuke the enemy using debuffs before melting him with one or two combo. But when all these debuffs mirroring on you, it’s not fun anymore xD
Yeah. As of right now, Xeno fares a lot better because of Sanc. Rainbow has her place, but at the moment, Rift boss node offense is not it.

On the general topic, I feel like Volatility is more a defensive ability. I like to give it to Double's where I could be turtling alot to cycle between elements. With Xeno and Rainbow Blight, Volatility makes since because I'll be blocking often. But on Immoral Fiber, I'd expect to do more attacking, so I'd probably go with Chaos for that fighter. But in general, Chaos seems to have less utility because not only do you have to be at an elemental advantage for it to proc, but you also have to land a critical hit. Because of that, I prefer Volatility.
Sacrosanct reflects Xeno doom?
Nope.

On the general topic, I feel like Volatility is more a defensive ability. I like to give it to Double's where I could be turtling alot to cycle between elements. With Xeno and Rainbow Blight, Volatility makes since because I'll be blocking often. But on Immoral Fiber, I'd expect to do more attacking, so I'd probably go with Chaos for that fighter. But in general, Chaos seems to have less utility because not only do you have to be at an elemental advantage for it to proc, but you also have to land a critical hit. Because of that, I prefer Volatility.

Nope.
Rainbow Blight can buff herself enough in double amount with fire and water elements, that’s why I prefer chaos, to compensate debuffs quantity. I’m using Volatile is for Xeno only.

Rainbow Blight can buff herself enough in double amount with fire and water elements, that’s why I prefer chaos, to compensate debuffs quantity. I’m using Volatile is for Xeno only.
One could also argue that Rainbow Blight applies enough debuffs with her SA alone. Enough that it's often not even necessary to wait to cycle all the way to elemental advantage and instead just go in after a few debuffs have been applied.

Basically, there's no one right Marquee ability for Double. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I would say that Chaos is an automatic choice for every double except for rainbow, and even then, still very good.

(EDIT: I MEANT CHAOS HAH)

Last edited:
Generally it depends on what you want and what Double. Doubles like Nunsense, Doubli and LSD Double would probably be better off with Chaos
Everyone else would probably rather have Volatility

Reactions: Inked
The only double I'd consider running volatility on is jawbreaker due to the synergy it has with her SA (and even then, I'd still probably go with chaos).

Edit: Xeno might also prefer volatility over chaos now that I think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: lothorie
I'm not sure what should I take with JawBreaker. Chaos is really helpful but her SA synergize with Volatility. Soooo what should I take?