• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Which marquee ability is better for Double?

Generally it depends on what you want and what Double. Doubles like Nunsense, Doubli and LSD Double would probably be better off with Chaos
Everyone else would probably rather have Volatility

Why does Rainbow synergize particularly well with Chaos?
I thought she also wants to transmutate as frequent as possible to benefit from her SAs ?

Why does Rainbow synergize particularly well with Chaos?
I thought she also wants to transmutate as frequent as possible to benefit from her SAs ?

Rainbow synergizes particularly well with Chaos because between her and Nunsense (as far as offensive options go), Blight is the most likely to be at an elemental advantage because the SA demands it. Ergo most likely to proc Chaos. Plus she already inflicts debuffs as part of her SA, so the more the merrier

Rainbow synergizes particularly well with Chaos because between her and Nunsense (as far as offensive options go), Blight is the most likely to be at an elemental advantage because the SA demands it. Ergo most likely to proc Chaos. Plus she already inflicts debuffs as part of her SA, so the more the merrier
Seems to me that with Rainbow, you want to cycle elements as often as possible to make full use of the SA. Lingering on an elemental advantage element just for Chaos means you forfeit all the buffs Rainbow gets from cycling. With Rainbow's SA, I don't ever feel compelled to stop on a particular element; I just shift a bunch of times and then go ham once the enemy has a bunch of debuffs. I feel like Chaos is better suited for Double's where you don't have to shift often.

Seems to me that with Rainbow, you want to cycle elements as often as possible to make full use of the SA. Lingering on an elemental advantage element just for Chaos means you forfeit all the buffs Rainbow gets from cycling. With Rainbow's SA, I don't ever feel compelled to stop on a particular element; I just shift a bunch of times and then go ham once the enemy has a bunch of debuffs. I feel like Chaos is better suited for Double's where you don't have to shift often.
The reason why Chaos is considered to be so good on Rainbow is because Chaos has a far larger pool of debuffs compared to what Rainbow's SA has to offer(Rainbow's SA has only 5 debuffs available to it, while Chaos can inflict every debuff that the SA can while also having access to almost every other debuff in the game). Sure, you miss out on some buffs when you aim for Chaos. But the sheer amount of debuffs that you can inflict is worth it.

The reason why Chaos is considered to be so good on Rainbow is because Chaos has a far larger pool of debuffs compared to what Rainbow's SA has to offer(Rainbow's SA has only 5 debuffs available to it, while Chaos can inflict every debuff that the SA can while also having access to almost every other debuff in the game). Sure, you miss out on some buffs when you aim for Chaos. But the sheer amount of debuffs that you can inflict is worth it.
If you're lucky enough to shift to an elemental advantage and you've put enough stat bonuses into crit rate. Which can be hard to do for multiple Doubles. I find playing defensively with Rainbow suits me better, and therefore will in all likelihood put Volatility on her when I finally get around to investing in her skill tree.
I put Chaos on Immoral Fiber because unlike with Rainbow, I'm not constantly interested in shifting her element. If I'm lucky enough to land an elemental advantage, I'm staying there. Plus, I've got a few moves that give both a crit rate bonus and HP bonus, which suits both the Chaos MA and her SA.

If you're lucky enough to shift to an elemental advantage and you've put enough stat bonuses into crit rate. Which can be hard to do for multiple Doubles. I find playing defensively with Rainbow suits me better, and therefore will in all likelihood put Volatility on her when I finally get around to investing in her skill tree.
I put Chaos on Immoral Fiber because unlike with Rainbow, I'm not constantly interested in shifting her element. If I'm lucky enough to land an elemental advantage, I'm staying there. Plus, I've got a few moves that give both a crit rate bonus and HP bonus, which suits both the Chaos MA and her SA.
Here is a true story from Scoria about Chaos Rainbow.
Here is the original source of what I am quoting here:
https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/list-of-marquee-abilities.3214/page-2#post-25959
Scorialimit said:
My Rainbow initially had Volatiilty. While nice, it didn't really help her do anything she can't normally or make anything easier on offense. I later decided it was worth the theo to switch to Chaos. This made her a very consistent counter-fighter for non-dark difficult fighters, as it gave her two options to counter them. Sheltered let me keep her Crit Rate low to fight MAWheels consistently with her, and every transmute that wasn't light or element-advantage has a 50% chance to let me counter them.

I'd say Volatility is okay, but the state of debuffs makes Chaos so much better if you can keep advantage to an even somewhat reasonable degree.
Here is a clarification of a single point in this statement. Scoria ran low crit rate on Rainbow with the option for Sheltered support so that Rainbow could fight MA Painwheels reasonably while also being able to have the Sheltered support to make the crit rate usable for Chaos in other matchups.

Reactions: Scorialimit

Well Rainbow only inflicts 5 by herself. Which isn't bad, but Chaos offers a more wide array of control tools and things you could use when attacking (bleeds, armor break). Plus, Rainbow's not actually supposed to be Transmuting constantly for buffs. Doing it that way wastes valuable time on the buffs you already have. Especially if you're not at the element you want. Her SA1 is more or less a bonus for the seconds in which you'll inevitably be blocking.

Reactions: fanghoul