• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Which Origin are you looking forward to the most?

Which Origin Story are you looking forward to the most?

• Beowulf

• Double

• Eliza

• Filia

• Ms Fortune

• Parasoul

• Robo Fortune

• Squigly

• Fukua

Results are only viewable after voting.
So far we've gotten Origin stories for Big Band, Cerebella, Painwheel, Peacock and Valentine. There's still plenty more of the cast to go through though!

Which story are you looking forward to the most? Tell us why in the replies!
Unfortunately the origins haven't been exactly groundbreaking so far, I'd say Valentine's was the "best" in terms of content. I haven't played the Bella one yet though, maybe I missed out.

I'm most interested in Filia's backstory considering her whole deal was that she had memory loss. Of course, I'm fully expecting a "Samson and Filia's crazy adventures!" type story that takes place after the whole parasite amnesia shenanigan.

Ms Fortune is another interesting one as it'll either deal with her old teammates or Minette. A choice between interesting story and best girl has no wrong answer.

Eliza's one could provide more insight on parasites in the olden days when they were called "Theons", perhaps a old Leviathan/Samson cameo. I personally love the parasites so another one I'm looking forward to.

I'd say the other choices already have an established backstory (Squigly, Double, Beowulf), couldn't have an interesting backstory due to recent creation (Robo Fortune, Fukua) or is just plain boring (Parasoul :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

I feel that these Origin stories are more about getting people familiar with the characters than actually delivering new information. Remember that a lot of SGM players have probably never played SG on consoles or PC!

I would expect that all of the Origins will be very minor events that explain who the characters are, while not really providing any new information.

Having said that, Eliza gets my vote because it'll be fun just to see her acting like her haughty diva self. Hopefully she'll stab and eat some more people like on consoles.

...though you do raise some good points about Ms. Fortune probably having more Minette...

Reactions: B_W
latest.jpg
I think Eliza and Filias backgrounds have the potential to be the most interesting what with all the stuff hinted at surrounding their pasts in the original game. But the mobile game seems pretty reluctant to reveal anything major so far so i'm not expecting too much. (maybe hopefully its being saved for a skullgirls 2 or something, pls?)
It's cool to see all the new character art though.
I think Miss Fortune's will probably deliver the most since the basic outline of her past is pretty well established but there's still a story there to explore that can be done without revealing too much, like Valentine's origin story. And we've seen scarless Fortune and young looking Lorenzo so it feels like the story of how she stole the life gem from him is being set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: B_W
ORIGIN STORIES - Parasoul! Filia! Eliza! Beowulf! We’ll continue to release new Origin Stories for all your favorite characters!

Likely order if suspicions regarding film poster tweets are correct and cross-consistent with origins.

Reactions: Skulltoon
I do hope the next origins have more info. I've never played console or pc so I've resorted to perusing Skullgirls Wiki for background. All the time I'm playing, I'm all 'so who's Grendel?? Is Valentine thw bad guy?? Who'a rhe fish girl???'

Kinda unrelated, but does anyone know where I can read a linear sort of plot regarding the game? The Wiki articles were solely character based (understandably) and it was hard to navigate+ understand

I do hope the next origins have more info. I've never played console or pc so I've resorted to perusing Skullgirls Wiki for background. All the time I'm playing, I'm all 'so who's Grendel?? Is Valentine thw bad guy?? Who'a rhe fish girl???'

Kinda unrelated, but does anyone know where I can read a linear sort of plot regarding the game? The Wiki articles were solely character based (understandably) and it was hard to navigate+ understand
Tbh the wiki's are like that because the story is pretty much up in air besides the basics of the game:

- Marie the skull girl rises and causes mass panic / death / ruin

- Player chosen fights the others in a bid to beat Marie and win the skullheart / destroy it (Depending on the person)

- Skullheart can grant wishes for women only (Sorry Beo / Big Band!) but they twist the wish and mainly turn others into a new skull girl instead every 7 years.

The story itself changes based upon the person you use so, it really isn't "much" unless you play that person's specific story mode. If you want like, basic plot points through out, the common things are:

- Filia is connected to the medici mafia
- Painwheel's real name was Carol and she was caught by BrainDrain & Valentine
- Eliza is on the down low because of the discrimination of Parasites
- The mafia wants the skullheart for their founder
- Parasoul's family also has a connection to the Skullheart

and so on, you'll have to play the console to get a full grip on the story!

On that note, I'm most excited for Beowulf's story since he's my fave, I'm hoping they give him honestly better writing than the DLC had given him and a bit more development (Maybe like how he was patriotic before taking up wrestling?) than having to be Annie's sidekick through the story imo.

i'd really like to know how filia got to where she is now, or at least how she got along with samson at the beginning. some beo or eliza backstory would also be good

I'm really excited for Filia's and Beowulf's origin stories! They're my favorite characters and, well I'm really curious to see how they will flesh out their personalities! The interactions between Filia and Samson are adorable, and I hope Beowulf is going to end up into wacky shenanigans! Maybe some insight on how Filia was before Samson.

Reactions: Yomady
Plot twist: the Hurting is both a Parasite and a Living Weapon and Beowulf is the unwitting host. Grendel was just trying to warn him.

Reactions: Codlugarthia
Plot twist: the Hurting is both a Parasite and a Living Weapon and Beowulf is the unwitting host. Grendel was just trying to warn him.
It thrives off the hype which is why Beowulf isn't harmed at all via tossing it. The hype forged their bonds.

Grendel couldn't handle the hype...

Not since... Then...

I want to know what happened to Beowulf for this to happen
View attachment 632
Like...
View attachment 633
What happened Beowulf.... what did the Potatoes do to you....
Lmao it's a wrestling term! Potato is when you legitimately aim / hit the opponent's head (Like, instead of being a jobber and "faking blows" you straight up try to hurt the hell outta them with their head).

But the fun of that is that he prolly has a bad experience eating a "green" potato and wasn't feeling too good after that. Or... Potatoes are the TRUE boss fight of his origin story at this point. For Beowulf it can be all three and I'd okay with that.

The real question is: Since he dislikes professional writing staff does that mean he's gonna be narrating, writing, and overseeing his OWN story mode??? The dude doesn't like other people telling him what to do so if we can like, get a crude Origin Story via Beowulf recounting it all with all the characters acting the way he perceives them: I'd die a happy man.

Well, I’m Eliza’s bio it says Likes: Samson and Dislikes: Samson, so I would like to know why.

Well, I’m Eliza’s bio it says Likes: Samson and Dislikes: Samson, so I would like to know why.
Ah, Eliza "likes" Samson because she sorta had a "thing" for him back in the days as Neferu.

However, she got into a conflict with Samson and his old host named Delilah and killed her, thereby starting off Samson's hatred for her.

She has an on and off thing really with him, she asks him to join her as an ally so when she takes over the world and revives the old world way of worshipping parasites as Gods, Samson will be amongst them with her (I believe she also poses this to leviathan, but he refuses immediately) and actively searches for a "more fitting" host for him INSTEAD of Filia: making it seem that Filia + Samson by far made Samson weaker than he was with other hosts (Which makes sense since Delilah was probably when he was at his peak power.)

All in all it's a complex thing: Eliza could only like him because she wants his power to make sure her plans go smoothly and then throw him away, or, she simply likes him because of their past and finds him a kindred spirit. Whatever the case, we all know that Samson for sure will never like her at all for taking Delilah away from him.

Ah, Eliza "likes" Samson because she sorta had a "thing" for him back in the days as Neferu.

However, she got into a conflict with Samson and his old host named Delilah and killed her, thereby starting off Samson's hatred for her.

She has an on and off thing really with him, she asks him to join her as an ally so when she takes over the world and revives the old world way of worshipping parasites as Gods, Samson will be amongst them with her (I believe she also poses this to leviathan, but he refuses immediately) and actively searches for a "more fitting" host for him INSTEAD of Filia: making it seem that Filia + Samson by far made Samson weaker than he was with other hosts (Which makes sense since Delilah was probably when he was at his peak power.)

All in all it's a complex thing: Eliza could only like him because she wants his power to make sure her plans go smoothly and then throw him away, or, she simply likes him because of their past and finds him a kindred spirit. Whatever the case, we all know that Samson for sure will never like her at all for taking Delilah away from him.
Thanks. SGM is my first introduction to the Intellectual Property, and I installed it this February. So far I’m having a good time, and look forward to frequently having discussions with you guys. That Eliza backstory was cool man, thanks for typing that out for us!

Thanks. SGM is my first introduction to the Intellectual Property, and I installed it this February. So far I’m having a good time, and look forward to frequently having discussions with you guys. That Eliza backstory was cool man, thanks for typing that out for us!
No worries! I'm a big fan of SG in terms of the story mode and all that, tbh and I LOVE getting to talk about it! If you guys ever like to ask anything else, feel free to hit the forums up! We're all pretty cool about it!