• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.2 Update Notes (LIVE!)

My thoughts on shinies, since there seems to be a few long term players upset about it -- I'm semi casual, but still a long time player (a few months after initial release, a handful of years playing now) and I get the concerns of it feeling like a slap in the face. That was how I first felt when the level up rewards were increased, but ultimately I recognized that improvement can't happen without some people missing out on the benefits. Like yeah, I hope I don't pull a shiny Primed after bringing mine to near-max Diamond, but for the newcomers who do, it'll be great. Just try to remember this as updates similar to this roll out -- they are for the best!

As far as everything else goes, I'm pretty happy, and I am INCREDIBLY excited for Fukua! She seems to fix some of the things that make Filia somewhat boring for me to play, with better combo potential and no reliance on bleed (except you, Class Cutter, you angel).

Lastly, as strange as it may be to say, thank you so much for finally providing an option for ads! I say this because it's unrealistic for me to give much money directly to this game in support, but hey, I can watch an ad. I really hope to see this game grow more and I'm glad I can support it.

Fukua looks fun. The moves/combos I've seen in preview videos look really good.

The changes to A.I. look great, too. Spamming throws in the corner was just such a brain-dead way to win.

Really not keen on the Shiny Fighters at a glance, though. Adding another layer of RNG to acquiring characters is exactly what I didn't want. It's already hard enough getting specific fighters from relics, now I have to hope for shiny variants, too? The difference in coins, skill points, and time spent leveling a shiny vs a normal diamond fighter seems immense...

And voluntary ad watching was really a much requested feature? That seems surprising, but sure. Free resources are great, but I'm just gonna play an ad and put my phone down for a minute. If that's not unimmersive, I don't know what is.

Reactions: Acular
even if after the grab and a few light attacks followed afterwards (i.e. Grab -> L3 -> Down Slide) the A.I. will still remember it was grabbed shortly ago despite being hit.
Correct. When the AI stands up, they'll behave as if they were JUST grabbed. They know that all of the hits that came after the grab were all part of a grab combo.

It's similar to bioexorcist SA right?
They're comparable yeah, although MIASMA also drains BLOCKBUSTER METER.

Just checking - will fukua specific catalysts get added to CoC in 4.2?
Yeah! You can find SLEEPING POWDER in the Treasures section and purchase it with Rift Coins.

Excited to see Fukua but also wished there would be more adjustment to rift such as attacker and catalyst diversity, modifier changes, and tuning of some abusive catalysts such as frost armor and Don’t Poke the Beur. Maybe 4.3?
Originally we were musing about including some of the high level goals behind some of the Rift Battle refactors in our 2020 road map post, but it was unfortunately too early to lock that stuff down. With the way the wind is blowing, the information you're looking for will likely exist as a separate thread just focusing on Rift Battles, arriving sometime soon™.

Like Buzzkill in French went from Killer Wasp (Guêpe Tueuse) to Sting-Stinger (Dard-dard)
These have Fighter name changes have been reverted for 4.2 for what it's worth. We'll revisit these in the future and may look into having a way for our community to vouch for the translations they like the most.

the beginning of this announcement gave more of a backstory to Fukua than I've ever seen (and I'm a SG lore nut)
That description is from her reveal trailer - nothing new! Fukua is as non-canon as she was before her arrival in SGM. :p

Yeah! You can find SLEEPING POWDER in the Treasures section and purchase it with Rift Coins.
:p
That’s good to know. What about other fukua catalysts? Like Fukua autoimmune and Fukua armor rating etc.?

Aw yeah!!!! All of this seems great! I'm so excited to play fukua!

The shiny fighters seem nice. It's just a convenience factor so I don't see any problem with it, also, I have a lot of non-invested golds that will finally become invested in if I get a shiny of one of those. Also it makes it look nice.
I guess if you're a serious collector then you're gonna want to get a shiny of each variant then and that will make it painful,but, in the end it's just basically a cosmetic. There's no battling advantage and you can just ignore it.
I look forward to trying to shiny my beowulfs. (except the nat diamonds because lord knows how long that will take)

As for the AI, quick question, when characters tag out, do they "forget" as well? Or do they retain the memory and transfer it to the incoming fighter?

Hello devs thanks for this marvelous update! You are doing a great job.

I have a question: if I have a heavy-invested fighter and I get the same shiny version. Will I get refund of coins and skill points when I transfer the shiny effect to the invested toon? I know this is helping the new players but old players also need some love.

Last edited:
Reactions: foussi and Acular
As an "old player", I'm all in for the shiny fighters. The more new players get in, the better. It would be nice to get something out of a shiny character I have invested, but I much more prefer new players to have incentives to keep playing. If not, the game will eventually run out of them, due to the power creep (quite evident in the gold pf scores).

Reactions: Stone
As for the AI, quick question, when characters tag out, do they "forget" as well?
The AI remembers things between character tag outs. Since the AI interacts with the game by tapping virtual buttons to control their character to make sure that they can ONLY do things the player can do, it's better to think of you against an AI who is controlling a "team" of characters, just like you.

if I have a heavy-invested fighter and I get the same shiny version. Will I get refund of coins and skill points when I transfer the shiny effect to the invested toon?
No currency will be refunded when you transfer the Shiny status to another Fighter.

Reactions: Deeves
Keen on the new update, especially the new shiny part (prizefights feel like they give more than just a "dupe"/fodder now). A question though:

Will it trigger a chat alert when you get a silver / bronze shiny?

Overall the only thing I'm really missing this update is some changes to (bad) signature abilities (looking at you, Mummy) but I guess that will be looked at later. Thank you for adding new things :)

Will it trigger a chat alert when you get a silver / bronze shiny?
Sure will! You'll be able to flex your newly acquired Bronze Shiny Cold Stones and all that good stuff.

Reactions: Stone
My thoughts on shinies, since there seems to be a few long term players upset about it -- I'm semi casual, but still a long time player (a few months after initial release, a handful of years playing now) and I get the concerns of it feeling like a slap in the face. That was how I first felt when the level up rewards were increased, but ultimately I recognized that improvement can't happen without some people missing out on the benefits. Like yeah, I hope I don't pull a shiny Primed after bringing mine to near-max Diamond, but for the newcomers who do, it'll be great. Just try to remember this as updates similar to this roll out -- they are for the best!

Maybe the way to look at this would be that having a non-shiny level 60 is a sign of prestige? I worked hard for the ones I have.

As someone who has migraine's are set off by weird lighting effects, I'm always concerned when I hear about new special effects in the game, but I'll withhold judgement on that front.

I'm surprised that I'm looking forward to the new character. Fukka is never been one of my favorite's, but her playstyle looks interesting, and I could use a shake up in the game. That 10,000 10+1 pack for every character could also be fun to buy, and that's almost exactly how much Theonite I have saved up :D

Reactions: Robokit
For Plot Twisted, the DEBUFFS and BUFFS will more or less cancel each other out so that it's the normal percent chance to tag out at 50% health, which is very low. For her, there probably won't be too much of a change.

Good note though! We'll keep an eye on fighters that inflict themselves with DEBUFFS and see if there's more tuning to be done.
Question, is the hex debuff supposed to happen to plot? I mean it’s kinda sad when you die and get hex then part of your SA ended up begin basically useless because you cancel it for yourself

If Fukua (Shadow Puppet) finally has the ability to pause battle time (freeze), then can we wait for the Valentine’s move “Acquisitive Prescription”?
acquisitive_prescription__by_strunton_dat935t-fullview.jpg

I will agreed everything is betterment of the game but as for the slap in the face for the people who spent hours leveling up eat a can of concrete and harden the u know up as there will be more gifting players to play with win win situation so would be nice for the older players to get some sort of reward aka free fukua for the time and effort put in before shiny is introduced would be lovely say gold 3 to diamond 2 receives a free fukua? :) worth a try asking hehe