• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 4.2 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Talking about Peacock master story, I just remembered.
Parasoul AI is now insanely good. It was decent before, but not having defense variants made her lackluster in defense. Now it just spams special moves and BB3 whenever they are loaded. And it's really usual for it to throw a napalm shot and consider it as "you are blocking" so BB3 right after. Same with the motorcycle SM.
Peacock is also better now, but the improvement isn't as notorious as Para's.

Just goes to show how this update has dramatically expanded rift defender options!

Sorry for derailing the thread with a Scratching Post discussion, though it helped a lot to hear how everyone else deals with it and how to sort-of grab cheese, though the new method isn't too consistent either which means it's not broken like the old one was.

I do like the AI changes in general, they're a lot feistier and more adept at finding openings to use special moves. I've found myself getting bamboozled a lot more by mix-ups that the AI simply wasn't capable of performing before, and it's better at fitting them into combos too. High level AIs are a lot trickier to deal with, and require more thoughtful play in order to beat.

Definitely a lot more fun to fight against in general, and the only beef I have with it are the reasons I listed before, but even those could be fixed up easily with a few tweaks.

Also, watch out for Cold Stones defenders y'all, he's downright terrifying to fight against now if he can manage to get a stun off with one of his command gabs.

With how the AI is acting up, I decided to make a new Utub series on Rift Fails (or Success). First video is already up (first Rift post 4.2, massive failure). Second video should be up sometime tomorrow and guess what.. I had to deal with FOUR Scratching Post nodes! Maybe it'll help to study how the Ms. Fortune AI behaves.

It is very good that artificial intelligence has been improved ... But the throws ... developers, it just got awful. Perhaps it would be better to remove them altogether? They are now doing nothing, only interfering. Because the AI now rejects the roll in 90% of cases. Which, together with steadfastness and armor, makes some characters unstoppable, and some others completely useless and greatly destroys the balance. After all, a throw to the last update was the only way to restrain an unwavering character and gave a chance to get out of the corner.

Dear developers, if you really really want the throws to deviate, maybe you should seriously consider introducing a special developed parameter such as the chance of a successful rejection of the throw or the chance of a non-rejected throw ... For what is happening now is unjustified and a serious bonus for Cerebella, to which the throw is now almost impossible to apply ...
This is a combination of a sophisticated AI and a new throw system, the only thing that really spoiled the impression of the update.
All the same, this game, I hope, is designed not only for e-sportsmen and high-level demigods. Why so high up the threshold of entry into the game ...

I apologize for my poor English.

After all, a throw to the last update was the only way to restrain an unwavering character
Actually, this. New grab break AI behavior makes Unflinching really overpowered. Not every character in the game has Chaos Banish, and building dozens of Silent Kills kills (pun intended) the idea of fighter diversity. Yes, blockbusters go through, but still... I have already seen a lot of complaints in chat about Armed Forces becoming absurdly strong after the update (a person that I fought in RIft failed clearing my Armor node 5 times just because of AF being a stone wall). I completely agree that pre-4.2 throw loops of Parasoul and Double were a gimmick and should have been fixed, but current situation definitely needs further tweaking.

As you guys told, new AI should be able to recognize the patterns of player's fighting style. In my opinion, one grab is not a pattern, two grabs within 3-4 seconds are, then AI should expect a third one coming and break it with like 90% chance - that would force a player to change their approach from "grab->grab->grab->Canopy Bounce".

Reactions: buggy. and Lililira
Hey all, we're in the process of deploying a SERVER ONLY hotfix update. This will apply the following changes to the game once it's complete.
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift Battle fights were not ending correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where an "ERROR 1" message would prevent players from converting their Diamonds into Essences, Diamond Shards, and Skill Points.
  • Fixed a bug where the UPPER LIMITS modifier in Peacock's Master Origin Story would stop functioning once a character tagged out.
  • Fixed a bug where Fukua - Vaporwave Vixen came equipped with a Silver Blockbuster instead of a Gold One. Players who were already impacted by this bug will receive a compensation mail with the correct Blockbuster soon.
  • All players have had their Fighter collection cap increased by 50, and their Moves collection cap increased by 100, regardless of their current capacity as originally intended.
  • Fixed an exploit where players could receive more rewards than intended from ads.
  • More known instances of ads not granting rewards on completion have been addressed. If you are experiencing this issue still, please post in this thread with:
    • The ad provider, which you can find by pressing the button in the lower left during an ad. This is required.
    • Your device model.
    • The region you are connecting from.

It seems like AI for fight assist had also improved with this patch. I saw my Bella doing MGR and was so touched by it! Will have to do a few more days to see if doing dailies take less time now!

Also very grateful to be getting extra characters and moves slots. I sacrificed over 200 silvers on the day patch came out so I could open all them 10+1 tickets from the ultra fighter package. Unfortunately I got no shiny characters nor diamonds from that whole thing. Still very happy to support the game!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
So just did a rift against last week's hero 猪 肉 肥 (Pork Fat). He used Silent Kill in 4 of my nodes along with multiple Sketchies and Surgeon Generals (all dupes) in various nodes, and he has 3 Frost Armor nodes, so I guess despite the new and improved AI, there's still solid ground for the introduction of catalyst and attacker diversity.

Last edited:
Fukua still has a glitch where she'll sometimes face left during a dash attack after swarm embrace on a standing opponent Screenshot_20200328-103928_Video Player.jpg

So just did a rift against last week's hero 猪 肉 肥 (Pork Fat). He used Silent Kill in 4 of my nodes along with multiple Sketchies and Surgeon Generals (all dupes) in various nodes, and he has 3 Frost Armor nodes, so I guess despite the new and improved AI, there's still solid ground for the introduction of catalyst and attacker diversity.
The Valentine exploit got fixed and his SK can’t clear as fast like he used to. He’s been losing to other top players. But, still, attacker and catalyst diversity is still needed at least for the D1 and D2 level. It’s not too much of an issue for lower ranks as most people don’t have excessive resources to make duplicates.

Touche, maybe graduated bonus scores for attacker and catalyst diversity weighted according to player rank?

It's nice to see him dethroned once in a while. He's hogged (lol) legend rank one time too many.

Earlier in another rift my boss node (Trio Fortune with Scratching Post, Super Slow-mo and Final Fight) tripped up top 3 regular 趙同學 (fellow student Zhao) once, but Pork Fat seemed to have cruised past it with SK+SG.

I guess into thin air, futile resistance, or hexy time could give SK some trouble. So could tanky non-debuff-inflicting characters with frost armor + autoimmune, Don't Poke the Buer, Tainted Blood Painwheel or tanky anti-bleed characters(but he's got duple Xenos for all these). Neuromancer might be a threat too. Sadly Painwheel doesn't seem to benefit much from the new AI except her throw breaks can be annoying for Squigly.

I'm sure skilled players with high piercing moves and a very clear plan of attack (as demonstrated in Hasu' youtube vids) are capable of beating him. But I am or have none of the above lmao.

Sorry folks for going off on a tangent on this thread again.

Last edited:
One question, can you give us a small notice on when the 4.3 update comes out? I have 43 relics and I have a major urge to open them and I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to last-

One question, can you give us a small notice on when the 4.3 update comes out? I have 43 relics and I have a major urge to open them and I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to last-
It’s usually every 2 to 3 months that we get a major update. So probably sometime in June. I have hundreds of relics saved up so I get the urge to want to open them.

Reactions: Lililira
It’s usually every 2 to 3 months that we get a major update. So probably sometime in June. I have hundreds of relics saved up so I get the urge to want to open them.
Oh boy I’ll be dying from urge-

Reactions: Lililira
So does Beo just Wulfshoot 100% of time now? I just fought a Rift node with a Diamond Wulfbane and got some serious brainfart so I lose 2 times on that node. 3 out of 3 times, he L5 into my block and immediately Wulfshoot me for 30~50% of my HP regardless of distance. I have to beat him down really fast and have to reuse the fighter I fought on boss node, or he's gonna Wulfshoot again right after it reuseable again.

The change to AI and special is good but how about tune it down a bit? This is getting ridiculous how you want to make them more human but with e-sport god gamers inhuman reflex.

So does Beo just Wulfshoot 100% of time now? I just fought a Rift node with a Diamond Wulfbane and got some serious brainfart so I lose 2 times on that node. 3 out of 3 times, he L5 into my block and immediately Wulfshoot me for 30~50% of my HP regardless of distance. I have to beat him down really fast and have to reuse the fighter I fought on boss node, or he's gonna Wulfshoot again right after it reuseable again.

The change to AI and special is good but how about tune it down a bit? This is getting ridiculous how you want to make them more human but with e-sport god gamers inhuman reflex.
I was Wulfshooted in the first second of the match, i even didn't have enough time to see what moves Beo had or to react

Yes he does that a lot now in rift. Try fighting Zhao’s triple wulf inertia node with Beo invincible armada and do or die catas...
Val with mortuary drop and Bella with MGR are also scary to block.

It seem like they made the AI a little too intelligent, a bella just pixel perfect Diamond Drop into Diamond are Forever when I'm dasing in, a Parasoul throw break and immediately Napalm Shot me in the face.
Also can you upgrade our AI in Daily a bit more, easier daily won't hurt right?

Reactions: Lililira and Diony
For those of you who have concerns with the new translations, we really appreciate the feedback. We're going to be reverting the name changes for this update.

We'll share more information at a later date if and when we look at adjusting Fighter names in the future.

Hello, I found several errors in the Portuguese translation, in the whole game.
I am willing to revise all texts in the game to correct them.
If you are interested, contact me.
You don't have to pay me in any way.
upload_2020-3-30_13-10-6.png

Reactions: Diony
What are the odds for each of the rewards for when you watch an ad?