1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Prize Fight Golds from Relics (EDITED)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by OozyGamer, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Fel

Fel wuf

That seems like a very bad financial decision to make. If people aim to finish the collection, making that easier means those people will quit much earlier.

Peacockis2cool4u likes this.
  2. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

I agree, but should there be a way to ensure getting a variant that you desperately want? I've wanted Surgeon General since she first came out, but the only way to get her is to pull from Val relics/Premier relics and pray for the best.

3. Thatonevalentineuser

I'll have to disagree with this #1 Unfair to new players Cause they won't be able to get Diva and Primed early in the game which are really good additions to the team

#2 Some people don't Care about pulling Duplicates cause atleast you'll get skill points when you level them up

#3 Some Duplicates are useful in Teams

ALUni likes this.
  4. heyy b

heyy b New Member

How about something like after someone has earned all Pf fighters they stop being pulled in relics

5. Psyche

Psyche Moderator

You use this abstract noun a lot, and in this context it may have several interpretations. Would you care to clarify what "value" is, and what makes a fighter "valuable"? This might help to clear up some existing or forthcoming confusion for readers of your posts on this matter.

OozyGamer and ALUni like this.
  6. BallotBoxer

BallotBoxer Well-Known Member

Interesting. Never really thought of when I would stop. Makes me wonder what people's goals are in this great game. Inspired me to make this thread: What will make you quit?

Securing "one of each" isn't enough for me. I just want more opportunities to get more stuff. Not the opposite, with relic restrictions and prize prisons.

Ah, kinda like Overwatch loot boxes, where there is a restriction on duplicates. Relics that read your inventory before "deciding" a result would be helpful, I suppose.

7. OozyGamer

OozyGamer Member

I feel what makes a fighter valuable is dependent upon how difficult it is to obtain. I think the scale would look something like this (simplified while not including specific characters):

Bronze>Silver>PFGolds>RelicExclusiveGolds>ElementalRelicExclusiveGold

With Bronze being the least valuable and Elemental Exclusive Golds being the most valuable.

SAs do factor into this as well because a Firefly Painwheel wouldn't be as valuable as a Armed Forces Cerebella simply because the SA isn't as great, yet I'd take one over a Harlequin Cerebella or a Parasite Weave Filia just because Firefly Painwheel is not as replicable, and a lot more difficult to obtain.

Elemental Exclusive Golds may not have extremely good Signature Abilities, but they are extremely rare and difficult to obtain since they're exclusive to the all expensive Elemental Relics, and have an insanely low drop rate. As far as I know, only ONE Star Crossed Parasoul is confirmed to exist right now at the time of this post, while none of the other Elemental Exclusive Golds have even been obtained yet.

8. OozyGamer

OozyGamer Member

I can agree with this. I think a Fighter Shop which randomizes itself everyday or moves in a cycle displaying 3 bronze fighters, 2 silvers, and one exclusive Gold Fighter would be the best addition to fix this. Since it IS a direct way to receive a card variant that you want, the prices for a gold fighter would have to be insanely high though (clocking in at around 10m-20m gold). But I would definitely be willing to grind and play more just to farm up enough coins to purchase.

PHPP and Inked like this.
  9. Psyche

Psyche Moderator

I'm glad everyone is engaged in lots of deep discussion on many fronts, but I'd like to remind you all of a rule we have:
    I've seen several people do it now, so instead of messaging users individually I'm just doing an open reminder to everyone.
    Let's keep the forum neat and tidy, people!

10. Trigg

Trigg Member

I really like this idea. Definitely worth the grind for someone really wanting a specific card. Gold or Theonite as a means to purchase would work, I reckon.

I mean, kinda similar to a PF too, right? In PF if you really want that gold card then you've got to up your game and shoot as high as possible (an inclusion of live leaderboards is welcome).

PHPP likes this.
  11. That nub

That nub Member

A fighter shop Would be beneficial if this change is implemented.
    Still its gonna be LOTS more grindiness on pfs if there are "pf only" golds
    Im still gonna vote no cuz I DIDNT GET THE PRIMED I ONLY GOT 7 MILS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
    + getting a non pf gold would be less satisfying if pf-only gold get removed. I really like creaming over an AF pull (too suggestive?, no?)

*cough* nah

12. Irghen

Irghen Member

Right now you can only convert dupes into XP, and very little at that, so it's not very attractive. Turning them into a currency for a "Fighter Shop" feels off since, as @Fel said, Skullgirls doesn't have an enormous variety of rares.

However, in the latest updates we got several other resources which would be very well worth parting with your duplicate fighters.

For example:
    Bronze Fighter = 5 Silver shards
    Silver Fighter = 5 Golden Shards
    Gold Fighter = 100 Elemental Shards
    (or some numbers that make more sense of course)

13. Void Spirit

Void Spirit New Member

I agree with this

14. Zachary Baumstark

I think that the pfs should give you a random gold of the specific charchter, not a varient that way old players don't get dupes but all gold characters are of equvilant rarities

BallotBoxer likes this.